Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Increasing Curcumin Effectiveness

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'm out of curcumin supplements at the moment so I do the following and would like to hear your opinion on it:

Mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder with a little bit (ground) black pepper, dissolve in olive oil and add strong cold green tea (with lemon juice), stir 1-2 minutes and drink, after that water. I usually take my fish oil supplement at the same time.

I want to increase the bioavailability of curcumin (+ that of epicatechin with lemon juice) and potentiate some of the positive effects of curcumin with green tea + EPA/DHA. Thoughts?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20606042

Turmeric contains only 3-4% curcumin. Most curcumin products have a standardized curcumin content. LEF's is 95% total curcuminoid content.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17044766
  • like x 1

#62 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

I just bought 600 g of turmeric for $6 at an Indian grocery. I have been mixing turmeric, black paper, cinnamon, and garlic in flax seed oil, and taking 2 teaspoons in the morning, and 2 in the evening. I mix it in a container, and let the container sit for a long time before I consume any. The oil has a distinct yellow color, so I think the turmeric is well dissolved in the oil.

I haven't been able to find any studies that say that turmeric dissolved in oi, is absorbed through the intestine, but it seems that it should be.

Has anyone else found good evidence that turmeric dissolved in oil, is easily absorbed?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'm 66 and have been taking Nutivene curcumin (Longvida 500 mg) one a day at lunch for the last six months. Just received the results of a yearly blood test and noted these changes since a year ago:
LDL down from 106 to 88
HDL down from 41 to 37
Total testosterone down from 804 to 507
Free testosterone down from 15.1 to 8.3
Estradiol down from 31 to 20
CRP up a little
Besides curcumin, other changes I made since last year are: added PQQ, Neuro-Mag,and 200-300 mg caffeine; increased nettle root; and stopped taking bht and strontium citrate.
Looks like Longvida gets into the body and does it's thing at only 1 a day, but I'm unhappy and am going to do without it at least until next year's blood test. Incidentally, my TSH which has been going up, went down from 4.26 to 2.58, which I attribute to the caffeine use.

Anyone know of a good method to mitigate the testosterone lowering effects of curcumin? Maybe take with something like Longjack?

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#64 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

Do we know that curcumin lowers T, or is this based off of just one person's results? Are there others I just haven't seen?

Also, I've looked into Longjack for testosterone and have found mixed reviews. I've used it and definitely felt an increase in libido but that doesn't always mean an increase in T. Have you seen good evidence for it? Would love some feedback from this board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users