Ending Aging - A Challenge

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dnamechanic

• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

Kevin Dewalt has issued an innovative video challenge at YouTube:

Read more from Kevin here at Kevin Dewalt's blog.

#2 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

good post.

let the spamming commence ;)

#3 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

Excellent video, Kevin... and great idea.

Comment posted.

#4 Traclo

• Guest, F@H
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

So who's gonna make a video?

This is a great way to get some money for research, as well as advertise the ideas behind the movement. I hope to make my own video if I can, and encourage everyone else to do so as well. Putting faces to a cause is a powerful way of showing support.

#5 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:19 PM

I've been too busy lately with my startup to get down to video production, but I have part of a screenplay with music already written.

hospital scene...Tracy chapman, the promise

cryonics scene....Evanesence, wake me up

Youth scene...Creed, Higher

I even have ideas as far as camera pan/zoom angles go for the scenes. after I get my company funded, I'm just gonna go for it. ;)

#6 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

Ok, everyone go watch my video, my sweet goddaughter is on there, (her mother is a single 57 year old, we are in her will to have custody if something happens to her, and I watch Emma Rose for her when she is sick, needing a break, or needing to get a project done--she is already like one of our kids :) such an adorable clever child)

My video is 'allabout...' (it is allaboutlifeintime, but not all is displayed, also there is no picture for my video yet, just their projector image default) so please view and leave a comment :) and I hope you can put up a video also, it was quite easy--and Kevin is donating to mprize!

#7 kdewalt

• Guest, F@H
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hey all-

First, thanks Shannon and anyone else reading this thread who made a video. The momentum for the End Aging Challenge has been picking up over the last couple of weeks and I'm over 1300 views so far. Given the topic and lack of any traditional promotion this is much better than I would have expected.

My hope is that the challenge will start to get picked up by some more mainstream media in the next couple of months along the lines of "YouTube becomes a new medium for activism" or something like that. Since "nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd," I highly encourage anyone considering making a video to give it a shot.

This doesn't need to be a big production. Even 15 seconds of "I support Aubrey because I want to spend more time with my partner..." will work. Heck, you actually don't even need to make a video if you don't like the idea of showing yourself to the world or if you don't have a camera; you can use windows movie maker or a similar program and just make a series of slides. Of course seeing a person makes a more compelling statement.

If you have any questions about how to get it up to YouTube, onto your PC, etc. please let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks again everyone for the support!

Kevin

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

This is a great challenge. My video camera is broke or I would have contributed to it myself. If you have one please do.

Also take this challenge: http://groups.myspace.com/EndingAging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users