Photo
- - - - -

Movie Star Stack!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Thought you all might enjoy this. The full interview is in W magazine this week.
I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd that buys magazines from the grocery store checkout line will soon be following her lead...

Hillary Swank Interview

Don’t expect to see Hilary Swank checking herself in at Promises any time soon, but the actress does seem to have a bit of a pill problem.

Sitting in a white terrycloth robe at her W photo shoot, her eyelids caked with smoky shadow and her hair volumized to the hilt, she’s rummaging through a sandwich-size plastic bag of tablets with the focus of a junkie preparing for her next hit. “This is my Aloe C, which I dissolve in water,” she says, brandishing a giant orange pill. “Here’s my flax. This one’s for my immune system, and this one is my BrainWave—it’s great, like if I have a lot of lines to memorize.” Swank takes nearly 45 supplements a day, tossing them into her mile-wide maw at various hours according to a carefully determined schedule. “I just took my most important ones, which are my Oz Garcia Longevity Pak,” she continues, rattling the empty green packet. “I shoved them in my mouth right before I met you, which I actually shouldn’t do, because I choked on my vitamins once before.”

A devotee of celebrity nutritionist Oz Garcia for the past seven years, Swank sees her regimen as one of the secrets to her success. “Oz has changed my life. The Longevity Pak is so awesome,” she says, eyes shining. (And later, as if the sack of supplements wasn’t enough, she excuses herself so that a visiting nurse can give her a vitamin injection.)

Whether it’s truly the vitamins or just genetics, Swank, 33, certainly looks good these days. Her bulging Million Dollar Baby guns long gone, the actress is strikingly feminine in person, with an ultralean yet curvaceous physique that shimmies easily into the Calvin Klein dress she dons for the W cover. Her newly shorn hair (cut just two weeks ago on The Oprah Winfrey Show to promote a charity effort) looks sexy and chic, and her skin seems to radiate health.

“I have a really high metabolism,” Swank says, almost apologetically, as she takes a giant bite out of a chocolate croissant. (It’s her second pastry of the morning.) “Exercise is also really important to me. I think it gives me more energy. I would rather sleep six hours and get an hour workout than sleep seven hours.” Twice a week she lifts weights. Other days she hikes, does Power Pilates or practices Krav Maga, an Israeli hand-to-hand self-defense technique she’s lately become obsessed with. “You punch, you kick, you also learn how to get out of a choke hold. I love, love it,” she says.

All of this might sound like excellent training for another of Swank’s highly physical film roles, but her next project is about loving, not fighting. Titled P.S. I Love You, it marks the actress’s first attempt at romantic comedy. “It’s a movie that I loved as soon as I read it. I just loved it,” says Swank, who has an effusive, Rachael Ray way of speaking. She loves, loves things. People are awesome. And situations are huh-larious.

Although Swank says she hasn’t been able to start her research yet, she’s certainly logging plenty of flight hours. “In the past four and a half weeks, I’ve been to London, Texas, Chicago, China, New York, L.A. and New York again,” she says. “You know, it’s tiring, but I can’t complain, because I’m getting to do what I love.” And if she feels exhaustion rearing its head, she can always down another Longevity Pak.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 13 December 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#2 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:09 PM

Here's a link to the contents of the Oz Garcia Longevity Pak: http://www.ozgarcia....ement_Facts.pdf

Doesn't seem like anything special.

#3 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:05 PM

I wonder how much Oz Garcia and his company paid her for this. It was all a paid setup. A clever way of going about peripheral route advertising.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:37 AM

Here's a link to the contents of the Oz Garcia Longevity Pak: http://www.ozgarcia....ement_Facts.pdf

Doesn't seem like anything special.

It's the Kudzu, man, the Kudzu! (also bioperine, chrysin, horsetail silica...) Plus a lot of run of the mill stuff.

You too could be an Oz Garcia, nutritionist to the stars! Just set them up with a decent regimen, charge them a ton of money, and tell them "this is going to make you feel fantastic!" They will love you. Make sure you dress like a transhumanist.

#5 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:10 PM

You too could be an Oz Garcia, nutritionist to the stars! Just set them up with a decent regimen, charge them a ton of money, and tell them "this is going to make you feel fantastic!" They will love you. Make sure you dress like a transhumanist.

You could also emulate this git.

#6 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

Anyone happen to have Ms. Swank's phone number? I need to have a talk with that young lady regarding her, um ... supplementation regimen.

Giggity!

#7 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

I figure it is good for the meme. The more stars who openly claim they are fighting aging the better.

#8 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:48 AM

I figure it is good for the meme. The more stars who openly claim they are fighting aging the better.

I agree to a certain extent... Just so long as some idiot Star doesn't combine some compounds with some drugs and have an adverse reaction and die... thus bringing down the gauntlet of the FDA to ban half the things out there. I'm all for regulation with regards to quality, purity, etc. but the moment something becomes popular on a mass scale some idiot goes and ruins it for the rest of us.

Just a for instance, Anna Nicole Smith was taking Modafinil (along with god knows what) when she died. Right around when that came out many of the online Modafinil suppliers (the cheap reliable and credible ones were pushed to remove it from their product list. Not saying there is a direct connection... but its a fear of mine.

#9 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:58 AM

by the way, krillin, that Elixxir guy is hilarious, I went to his website... lol his program sells "time with the master coach" spend a day with him for $5,000, or a year with him for 1 million. lol... and learn his secrets... I'll tell you my secrets for 3-fiddy thats 3-f.i.d.d.y

Elixxir aka git

LEF writeup of said Git

#10 abelard lindsay

• Topic Starter
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:00 AM

Just a for instance, Anna Nicole Smith was taking Modafinil (along with god knows what) when she died. Right around when that came out many of the online Modafinil suppliers (the cheap reliable and credible ones were pushed to remove it from their product list. Not saying there is a direct connection... but its a fear of mine.

Here's the official autopsy report on Anna Nicole Smith:

http://www.thesmokin...26071anna1.html

According to the coroner's report she took a lot of heavy duty prescription sedatives all at the same time and overdosed. No Modafinil usage was mentioned in the report.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 16 December 2007 - 03:14 AM.

#11 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 04:09 AM

It may not have been in her system, but it was in her room.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17065001/

Smith's Florida hotel room was like "walking into a pharmacist's shop" and that prescription medication found at the scene included the stimulant Provigil, the antidepressant Xanax, the powerful pain reliever Vicodin, and the morphine-like pain reliever Methadone.

#12 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:37 AM

by the way, krillin, that Elixxir guy is hilarious, I went to his website... lol his program sells "time with the master coach" spend a day with him for $5,000, or a year with him for 1 million. lol... and learn his secrets... I'll tell you my secrets for 3-fiddy thats 3-f.i.d.d.y

Elixxir aka git

LEF writeup of said Git

... And from what I can tell, the whole thing boils down to nothing more than caloric restriction.

I can't believe LEF is hosting that write-up. Pretentious smacktards like that can do tremendous damage to the life extension movement.

#13 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

I can't believe LEF is hosting that write-up. Pretentious smacktards like that can do tremendous damage to the life extension movement.

Oh, you must not have read his book.

#14 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

Oh, you must not have read his book.

Why's that? Is it actually any good?

#15 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:48 PM

No, I was kidding. It's quite dreadful and embarrassing.

#16 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

No, I was kidding. It's quite dreadful and embarrassing.

Ah. I should have guessed as much ;)

#17 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:35 AM

Several members complained about the Elixxir ad, and Faloon said that he PAID Elixxir for it, thinking that readers would be inspired by him. I think it was something like $1000.

#18 resveratrol

• 340 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:09 AM

Several members complained about the Elixxir ad, and Faloon said that he PAID Elixxir for it, thinking that readers would be inspired by him. I think it was something like $1000.

;)

Edited by resveratrol, 18 December 2007 - 05:18 AM.

#19 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:11 AM

Faloon == Bufoon? Wow, that's kind of disturbing... Your LEF dollars at work.

#20 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

I'm not sure that's correct:

Anna Nicole Smith wasn't on Modafinil at the time she died:

Drugs found in autopsy
The following drugs were found in Anna Nicole Smith's body during the autopsy, according to the Broward County medical examiner:

Brand name (drug) indication

-- Ativan (lorazepam): anti-anxiety medication

-- Cipro (ciprofloxacin): antibiotic

-- Klonopin (clonazepam): anti-seizure medicine also used to treat anxiety

-- Methadone: strong painkiller, often used to suppress withdrawal from heroin

-- Noctec (chloral hydrate): sedative and sleeping medication

-- Robaxin (methocarbamol): muscle relaxant

-- Soma (meprobamate): muscle relaxant

-- Topamax (topiramate): anti-seizure medication also used to treat migraines

-- Tylenol (acetaminophen): pain reliever

-- Valium (diazepam): anti-anxiety medication, also used as a sedative and to treat seizures

She had also taken these around the time of her death, according to interviews and other evidence gathered by the medical examiner:

-- Benadryl (diphenhydramine): antihistamine

-- Human growth hormone: touted as a muscle-building, weight-reducing agent

-- Nicorette (nicotine polacrilex): used to quit smoking

-- Tamiflu (oseltamivir phosphate): anti-viral medicine

-- Vitamin B12: helps formation of red blood cells

Broward County medical examiner; University of Miami toxicology department

#21 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:33 PM

Three benzos + two muscle relaxants + methadone + anti-histamine. That's enough downers to put a horse into a coma -- with that list in hand, her death is no mystery at all.

#22 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:57 PM

"Soma (meprobamate)"

Carisoprodol, not meprobamate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users