• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Deprenyl finally a nootropic that works!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#31 renwosing

• 148 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

So where can we get the real mccoy - DEDI's Liquid Deprenyl Citrate? Or are their equivalents?

Renwosing

#32 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 08:42 PM

I've actually researched this product quite thoroughly although apparently not thoroughly enough. Does anyone here know who Dr. Dean Ward is? He's the author of Smart drugs, a very reputable authority on these types of medications and Discovery(the company that you claim is bogus) was where he used to obtain his Deprenyl. I've offered another link below that he authored, read it through especially regarding his 4th reason for sticking with this company. As for the stuff I've ordered, I'm seriously considering sending it to a lab for confirmation regarding whether it's citrate or hydrochloride. Remember just because it's liquid doesn't mean it's citrate.
http://www.smart-pub...se/deprenyl.php

I don't see cytopharma listed in your link. Can you provide some more information which is sourced and points to cytopharma?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 09:18 PM

Does anyone here know who Dr. Dean Ward is?

Why I Don’t Pay Income Taxes Anymore

Oops

#34 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:22 AM

I recently picked up some deprenyl and I am very happy with it. I have tried various nootropics before including piracetam, aniracetam, ortho mind, and vinpocetin. I never had any luck with these nootropics but with deprenyl I finally get positive results. I am more focused and sharper. I am not affected by brain fog and it is easier to motivate me. Are there any bad consequences of supplementing with this daily? If so what can I do to minimize the negative effects?

You probably feel good because deprenyl converts to methamphetamine, which of course will make you feel great for a bit.
  • dislike x 2

#35 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:46 AM

I recently picked up some deprenyl and I am very happy with it. I have tried various nootropics before including piracetam, aniracetam, ortho mind, and vinpocetin. I never had any luck with these nootropics but with deprenyl I finally get positive results. I am more focused and sharper. I am not affected by brain fog and it is easier to motivate me. Are there any bad consequences of supplementing with this daily? If so what can I do to minimize the negative effects?

You probably feel good because deprenyl converts to methamphetamine, which of course will make you feel great for a bit.

Actually, the deprenyl metabolite you're referring to is an inactive isomer of methamphetamine. It does not provide any neurological effect.

The metabolite does show up on urine and blood tests for meth, however. If you have to take a drug test, it would be a good idea to have a prescription for Deprenyl (or Adderal, Ritalin, or another ADHD drug with amphetamine-based pharmokinetics) handy to show whoever will act suprised by the positive result.

#36 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:00 PM

Actually, the deprenyl metabolite you're referring to is an inactive isomer of methamphetamine. It does not provide any neurological effect.

The metabolite does show up on urine and blood tests for meth, however. If you have to take a drug test, it would be a good idea to have a prescription for Deprenyl (or Adderal, Ritalin, or another ADHD drug with amphetamine-based pharmokinetics) handy to show whoever will act suprised by the positive result.

The metabolite of Selegiline that many are concerned about is levo-methamphetamine, is the the common ingredient in Vick's Vapor Inhaler (misspelled Levmetamfetamine on the label to avoid any potential abuse). So it may show up on drug tests, but if they check the stereoisomer (which most do) you won't have any problems (nor will you achieve any kind of real stimulant effect even remotely similar to the d-isomer).

Posted Image

• Lurker

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:27 AM

Deprenyl is not a nootropic it's just a potent stimulant.

#38 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

Deprenyl is not a nootropic it's just a potent stimulant.

I'm not sure of the information you're basing that on, but you're just plain misinformed. Deprenyl is both a mild stimulant and a potent nootropic. One set of effects are to upregulate CNS levels of dopamine, PEA, epinephrine, and norepinephrine (both nootropic and stimulant effects). Another set of effects are to permanently downregulate age-related increases of MAO-B (nootropic effect). Still another set of effects are to protect the mesencephalon from reactive oxidizing chemicals and age-related pigment accumulation, specifically protecting dopamine creating glial cells in the substantia nigra (neuroprotectant effect).

Caffeine is a much stronger stimulant than deprenyl. As is nicotine. As a nootropic and neuroprotectant capable of preventing Parkinson's disease, deprenyl may be close to the perfect supplement.

Edited by shepard, 29 December 2007 - 05:07 AM.

#39 randomthoughts

• 22 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

I personally really like Deprenyl as I have stated before, though I have had much better results with the Liquid Citrate. Here is a link to where I last ordered liquid deprenyl citrate. At 1 mg per day (what I take) this little bottle lasts a long time. The supplier is in the UK and shipping to the US was rather quick (around 10 days). http://www.amygdalin.co.uk/cat5_1.htm

Hello, I just ordered some and was wondering how much amounted to 1mg... is it just one dropper?

• Lurker

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

I personally really like Deprenyl as I have stated before, though I have had much better results with the Liquid Citrate. Here is a link to where I last ordered liquid deprenyl citrate. At 1 mg per day (what I take) this little bottle lasts a long time. The supplier is in the UK and shipping to the US was rather quick (around 10 days). http://www.amygdalin.co.uk/cat5_1.htm

Hello, I just ordered some and was wondering how much amounted to 1mg... is it just one dropper?

I think it would probably be more like *one drop*, not one dropper.

#41 randomthoughts

• 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:29 AM

I think it would probably be more like *one drop*, not one dropper.

thanks :). tried 10mg today and got absolutely nothing out of it, except for a weird feeling about 15 minutes after taking it. am i supposed to notice an effect?

#42 happy

• 103 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

bump

#43 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

I am considering deprenyl (selegiline) for ADHD-PI (type of "ADHD" without hyperactivity, mostly memory and focus issues) symptoms. I am currently trying Atomoxetine, so I'll need to wait a while. I did a search of pubmed with some very interesting results:
Placebo-controlled study examining effects of selegiline in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Selegiline in comparison with methylphenidate in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder children and adolescents in a double-blind, randomized clinical trial.

There are a few other interesting studies with a search of "Deprenyl ADHD".

#44 stillalive

• 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:36 PM

When i first tested deprenyl i felt it gave a nice boost effect on mood and improved my concentration. Took 2,5mg every other day. First time I took 5mg and felt ironically very calm. not what i had anticipated. Some days I were really frustrated, don't know if it was because of the deprenyl or something else. But after I discontinued it I haven't really felt any big difference. So I don't know if it really did anything. It's now a week after I stop taking it. So i rather take nothing than taking something that doesn't do a difference to me. Too many supplements are just too subtle too really have any benefit. But some seem to have good effect, good for them.

Tried it once with PEA, but felt just dizzy and confused and had a small improvement in mood, but definetly not worth it.

#45 happy

• 103 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:20 AM

Took a drop of deprenyl today.

Immediate reactions include:

Increased libido (different than maca - in a good way), heightened awareness and focus, overall sense of well being, and more alert but not "cracky" perhaps more "chipper"?

I have a wandering over-reactive mind that leads to multi-tasking inefficiently, and although I've never been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder i.e, ADHD, ADD etc. I feel I may have genetic dispositions; my father has clinical depression/anxiety and my maternal grandmother has Parkinson's.

Regardless, deprenyl has quelled my "anxiety" and allowed me to focus on any given conversation, topic, or task.

Considering my age, I'll probably only take it once a week.

Edited by happy, 22 January 2008 - 04:28 AM.

#46 poesis

• 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:41 AM

In response to the mention that l-deprenyl may build up in tissue over time when taken daily, and as such begin to inhibit monoamine oxidase non-selectively, I wonder how likely this is given that selegiline's half life is only about 2 hours? L-deprenyl also appears to be water soluble, and as such I imagine it leaves the system in rather short order. Tissue buildup and unwanted MAO-A inhibition are probably unlikely. though I can't say for certain.

Edited by poesis, 23 January 2008 - 06:47 AM.

#47 rabagley

• 215 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

In response to the mention that l-deprenyl may build up in tissue over time when taken daily, and as such begin to inhibit monoamine oxidase non-selectively, I wonder how likely this is given that selegiline's half life is only about 2 hours? L-deprenyl also appears to be water soluble, and as such I imagine it leaves the system in rather short order. Tissue buildup and unwanted MAO-A inhibition are probably unlikely. though I can't say for certain.

Yup. People speculating that deprenyl will eventually lose it's MAO-B specificity in chronic use are: speculating. Like you, I don't find any evidence that deprenyl can accumulate or that it is ever going to suppress MAO-A at the low doses commonly specified for chronic supplementation.

#48 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

Hi,

I found the abstract below. What does "[...] inhibition of MAO-B is irreversible" mean? And what might be the impact of it?

"Because selegiline's inhibition of MAO-B is irreversible, it is impossible to predict the extent of MAO-B inhibition from steady state plasma levels. For the same reason, it is not possible to predict the rate of recovery of MAO-B activity as a function of plasma levels. The recovery of MAO-B activity is a function of de novo protein synthesis; however, information about the rate of de novo protein synthesis is not yet available. Although platelet MAO-B activity returns to the normal range within 5 to 7 days of selegiline discontinuation, the linkage between platelet and brain MAO-B inhibition is not fully understood nor is the relationship of MAO-B inhibition to the clinical effect established (see Clinical Pharmacology)."
(from http://www.selegilin...ribe/index.html accessed on 24.01.08)

Cheers

Alex

Yup. People speculating that deprenyl will eventually lose it's MAO-B specificity in chronic use are: speculating. Like you, I don't find any evidence that deprenyl can accumulate or that it is ever going to suppress MAO-A at the low doses commonly specified for chronic supplementation.

#49 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

Hi,

has anybody tried the selegiline with orange juice or grape juice?
See abstract below:

"When DEDI first developed their LDC; their liquid Selegiline, the purity level, was at 99% pure. The purity level was increased shortly thereafter to 99.9903% using a sophisticated purifying procedure developed by Dr. Barltrop. Dr. Owen had decided upon another product; citric acid to use as one of the stabilizing agents in LDC. Citric acid is another one of the few chemicals which will pass through the blood brain barrier easily.

In essence what Dr. Owen and Dr. Barltrop had developed was a brand new product, which was all natural, with 2 of its ingredients passing through the blood brain barrier easily, to accomplish their task.

Once DEDI was aware that citric acid passes easily through the blood brain barrier; DEDI did what the FDA should have done over 50 years ago.

DEDI Does What The FDA Should Have Done

Kimball contacted one of the foreign research teams DEDI was working with, at the University of Toronto. Because orange juice contains citric acid, DEDI wanted to know two things. If a person were to take any medication with 4 - 8 oz glass of orange juice, would the medication the person was taking, get into the brain? And if so, how long should a person wait after drinking a 4 0 8 oz glass of orange juice, before taking medication, or dietary supplement, so those products will not get into the brain.

The research team got back with Kimball and advised him, that most any medication or dietary supplement taken with orange juice, would in fact get into the brain, using citric acid as its carrier. They advised Kimball if a person took medication or dietary supplements 1/2 half an hour prior, or 1/2 hour after drinking orange juice, the substance in general should not get through the blood brain barrier. "

(http://www.discovery..._ldc_worked.htm accessed 24.01.08)

Cheers

Alex

Hi,

I found the abstract below. What does "[...] inhibition of MAO-B is irreversible" mean? And what might be the impact of it?

"Because selegiline's inhibition of MAO-B is irreversible, it is impossible to predict the extent of MAO-B inhibition from steady state plasma levels. For the same reason, it is not possible to predict the rate of recovery of MAO-B activity as a function of plasma levels. The recovery of MAO-B activity is a function of de novo protein synthesis; however, information about the rate of de novo protein synthesis is not yet available. Although platelet MAO-B activity returns to the normal range within 5 to 7 days of selegiline discontinuation, the linkage between platelet and brain MAO-B inhibition is not fully understood nor is the relationship of MAO-B inhibition to the clinical effect established (see Clinical Pharmacology)."

Cheers

Alex

#50 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

MAO-B is an enzym (biochemical molecule) that breaks dopamine. You can compare it to a lock with a key. Once you put the key into the lock, it will be locked & it won't open again. The key in this case being Deprenyl & the lock being MAO-B. So once you inhibit MAO-B, the inhibition of the MAO-B will be irreversible, the lock will stay locked & it won't be able to break down dopamine ever again.

Impact?
Dopamine-concentration increases and MAOB will stay inhibited for more than two weeks (after a single dose of deprenyl)

Hi,

Cheers

Alex

Edited by revnik, 24 January 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#51 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

Hi Revnik,

thank you for your explanation.
I have a question though - if the inhibition would be irreversible and the dopamine would never be broken down again - then there wouldn't be the need to take the selegiline ever again - right?
I know that there is an error in my chain of ideas - you may be able to point it out.

I have found an interesting Wiki entry regarding MAO:

"Monoamine oxidases catalyze the oxidative deamination of monoamines. Oxygen is used to remove an amine group from a molecule, resulting in the corresponding aldehyde and ammonia. The general form of the catalyzed reaction (with R denoting an arbitrary group) is

H H
R-C-NH2 + O2 + H2O → R-C=O + NH3 + H2O2
H

Monoamine oxidases contain the covalently-bound cofactor FAD and are thus classified as flavoproteins.

Subtype Specificities

MAO-A is particularly important in the catabolism of monoamines ingested in food. Both MAOs are also vital to the inactivation of monoaminergic neurotransmitters, for which they display different specificities.

* Serotonin, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline) are mainly broken down by MAO-A.
* Phenethylamine is broken down by MAO-B.
* Both forms break down dopamine."
(http://en.wikipedia....noamine_oxidase accessed 25.01.08)

If you are able to read German then have a look onto the wiki entry below which describes MAO and links to selegiline:
http://de.wikipedia....ooxidase-Hemmer

I have translated an interesting part from that wiki:

"Among the irreversible MAO inhibitors are phenelzine, tranylcypromine, they inhibit the two isoenzymes MAO-A (reduction of serotonin and noradrenaline) and MAO-B (reduction of dopamine). The reversible MAO inhibitor moclobemide mainly inhibits MAO-A. Selegiline, used in combination with L-dopa in the treatment of Parkinson's, leads to selective and irreversible inhibition of MAO-B. Rasagiline also inhibits the irreversible MAO-B, but five to ten times faster than selegiline."
(http://de.wikipedia....ooxidase-Hemmer accessed 25.01.08)

Cheers and best regards

Alex

MAO-B is an enzym (biochemical molecule) that breaks dopamine. You can compare it to a lock with a key. Once you put the key into the lock, it will be locked & it won't open again. The key in this case being Deprenyl & the lock being MAO-B. So once you inhibit MAO-B, the inhibition of the MAO-B will be irreversible, the lock will stay locked & it won't be able to break down dopamine ever again.

Impact?
Dopamine-concentration increases and MAOB will stay inhibited for more than two weeks (after a single dose of deprenyl)

Hi,

Cheers

Alex

#52 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:44 AM

Hi,

if translated another part of the german wiki regarding risky food interactions.
Has anybody experienced such food interaction?
Do you still eat fish, take fish oil, eat tomatoes while using selegiline?

I am looking forward to your answers!

Cheers

Alex

As MAO also reduce tyramine, irreversible MAO-inhibitors cause in some patients after ingestion of certain foods to so-called tyramine reactions. It can lead to a rise in blood pressure that can be
critical. In addition, foods containing tyrosine, caffeine and histamine in the body are dangerous. For this reason, when irreversible MAO inhibitors are taken officially dietary guidelines should be considered. These dietary guidelines, however, lead to an over-estimation of side effects and a lower estimate of the high effectiveness of this drug class. For reversible MAO inhibitors no dietary guidelines need to be considered

Food, which can cause risky interactions in combination with irreversible MAO inhibitors are:

Pineapple, bananas (tyramine), berries - etc. Strawberries, blueberries etc. (histamine), Chianti wine (tyrosine), and similar cola drinks (caffeine), dill, Fenchelöl, fish (tyrosine), smoked fish (histamine), chicken livers (tyrosine), coffee (caffeine), cheese (histamine and tyramine), parsley, horse beans (tyrosine), red wine (histamine), sauerkraut (histamine), ham (histamine), chocolate (tyramine), tomatoes (tyramine),

Hi Revnik,

I have a question though - if the inhibition would be irreversible and the dopamine would never be broken down again - then there wouldn't be the need to take the selegiline ever again - right?
I know that there is an error in my chain of ideas - you may be able to point it out.

I have found an interesting Wiki entry regarding MAO:

"Monoamine oxidases catalyze the oxidative deamination of monoamines. Oxygen is used to remove an amine group from a molecule, resulting in the corresponding aldehyde and ammonia. The general form of the catalyzed reaction (with R denoting an arbitrary group) is

H H
R-C-NH2 + O2 + H2O → R-C=O + NH3 + H2O2
H

Monoamine oxidases contain the covalently-bound cofactor FAD and are thus classified as flavoproteins.

Subtype Specificities

MAO-A is particularly important in the catabolism of monoamines ingested in food. Both MAOs are also vital to the inactivation of monoaminergic neurotransmitters, for which they display different specificities.

* Serotonin, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline) are mainly broken down by MAO-A.
* Phenethylamine is broken down by MAO-B.
* Both forms break down dopamine."
(http://en.wikipedia....noamine_oxidase accessed 25.01.08)

If you are able to read German then have a look onto the wiki entry below which describes MAO and links to selegiline:
http://de.wikipedia....ooxidase-Hemmer

I have translated an interesting part from that wiki:

"Among the irreversible MAO inhibitors are phenelzine, tranylcypromine, they inhibit the two isoenzymes MAO-A (reduction of serotonin and noradrenaline) and MAO-B (reduction of dopamine). The reversible MAO inhibitor moclobemide mainly inhibits MAO-A. Selegiline, used in combination with L-dopa in the treatment of Parkinson's, leads to selective and irreversible inhibition of MAO-B. Rasagiline also inhibits the irreversible MAO-B, but five to ten times faster than selegiline."
(http://de.wikipedia....ooxidase-Hemmer accessed 25.01.08)

Cheers and best regards

Alex

Impact?

Hi,

Cheers

Alex

#53 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

Hi Revnik,

Hi,
human beings aren't machines, we're 100% alive :) Millions of cells/biomolecules etc are broken down and created in our bodies every single second. Concreetly this means that MAO-B has a limited life time (inhibited or not, doesn't matter), and it's being replaced constantly. It will take a few weeks untill all the inhibited MOA-B is replaced by new (uninhibited) MAO-B molecules.

Edited by revnik, 25 January 2008 - 01:37 AM.

#54 brotherx

• 313 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

Oh...I see - this is the part I was missing!
Thanks for guiding! ;-)

Cheers

Alex

Hi Revnik,

Hi,
human beings aren't machines, we're 100% alive :) Millions of cells/biomolecules etc are broken down and created in our bodies every single second. Concreetly this means that MAO-B has a limited life time (inhibited or not, doesn't matter), and it's being replaced constantly. It will take a few weeks untill all the inhibited MOA-B is replaced by new (uninhibited) MAO-B molecules.

#55 dclear

• 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:12 PM

Hey all, new to the forum, but thought I'd add my thoughts on Deprenyl. I have been taking 10 mg of Deprenyl for about 3 months now. I also take Wellbutrin, Lexapro, Adderall, and a variety of supplements that are contraindicated with this med. I have experienced no adverse reactions, including anything diet related. No indications of either seratonin syndrome or hypertensive reaction. So, I guess what I'm saying is that, in my experience, Deprenyl is a very safe, effective, and virtually side effect free substance. I would recommend it to anyone... that said, I'm not a doctor, and I wouldn't recommend the regimen above to the average person.

This is the most comprehensive and informative article I have found regarding deprenyl: http://www.smart-dru...-deprenylJS.htm

Hope this is useful.

-DC

#56 muzzlecough

• 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

I've been taking Deprenyl for a few weeks. I love it so far.

A while back, to correct my constant sleepiness, my doc switched me from Paxil to Effexor ("California Rocket Fuel," she called it). With Paxil, I noticed that my physical endurance was effected by the size of the dose: if I lowered my dose of Paxil, my endurance increased; higher dose, lower endurance. The change was always reversible. With Effexor, my endurance went up the first week, and then plummetted. Eventually, six minutes of slow jogging was all I could muster. I tried sprints. My body felt heavy, like I was running through water. After exercising, I'd continue sweating (in an air conditioned house) for almost an hour. I never gave up on jogging, but I was demoralized.

I wanted this Effexor crap out of my body, so I stopped the drug cold. Stopping Paxil abruptly gave me an intense temper for a couple days. Stopping Effexor cold brought two weeks of vertigo and crazy, brain/whole body zaps. A month or so after the last Effexor zaps, I still couldn't jog for longer than 6 minutes. What the hell had Effexor done to me? Was it going to be permanent? I was scared.

After some (days of) research, I decided on Deprenyl. For me, this was a good choice. Everyday I take 5mg in the morning. The first time I jogged -- after maybe 3 days on Deprenyl -- I made it to 12 minutes. Next time, 15 minutes, then 20. The biggest change is with the sprints: I feel light and can run full-out for a longer distance than I ever had. I'm making progress again. That's all I wanted.

On a side note, the piracetam no longer seems to be working. It dramatially improved my mood my final week on Effexor. As a test, I stopped taking the piracetam a couple weeks ago: no change in my mood. Deprenyl seems to be taking care of me. Even though I might not need the piracetam now, I still have a lot of the powder and can't bring myself to throw it away. I'm going to start using CDP-choline instead of lecithin to see what happens.

Edited by muzzlecough, 18 June 2008 - 02:40 PM.

#57 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

One issue that I see with Deprenyl, as I see it anyway, is that the dosing is a bit dangerous. If you want to use it for cognitive enhancement, what is the lowest dosage that you can take? How often do you need to take it? And most importantly, how do you know when you have too much Deprenyl built-up in your system? Also, what if you take too much? Then you are basically screwed for the next several weeks right?
  • like x 1

#58 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have heard numerous reports that old people on parkisons degree drugs (MAO inhibitors and the like), became addicted to gambling and the 'adult entertainment industry' ie sex. Even little things like spending all your money shopping etc. Basically if you have addictions, or compulsions, this stuff can enhance it.

In Australia, it is only availiable through a doctors prescriptions. I found a doctor who seemed enthusiastic for me to try it as a sort of anti-depressant and because I told him the positive research it had like extending the maximum lifespan in rats by 20% etc. He was a nice doctor who didn't have the attitude 'I'm the doctor here!!'. When I tell other doctors I take it, they act all concerned and tell me its not licenced for that use and really dangerous blah blah etc.

Why would I want SSRI's when they will lower my libido, possibly make me fat and cause many other problems which can depressing in itself!!

I have been taking 5mg per day for months with the only negative effect being harder to sleep for the first few days. I have taken supplements that have not recommended for use with MAO inhibitors (more likely referring to the 'A' type though'). Phenylethylamine did raise the blood pressure though to near crisis levels (a few pushups managed to drop them down to levels you would equally be wary of)

I had taken 10mg per day once to see if any effect could be noticed, and I certainly felt much more agitated and if I wasn't short of cash or too embarrassed I probably would have gone for some 'adult' services. I can relate to the old guys lol. When I thought like that I knew it wasn't right and dropped the dose.

#59 dertydave

• 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

I have heard numerous reports that old people on parkisons degree drugs (MAO inhibitors and the like), became addicted to gambling and the 'adult entertainment industry' ie sex. Even little things like spending all your money shopping etc. Basically if you have addictions, or compulsions, this stuff can enhance it.

In Australia, it is only availiable through a doctors prescriptions. I found a doctor who seemed enthusiastic for me to try it as a sort of anti-depressant and because I told him the positive research it had like extending the maximum lifespan in rats by 20% etc. He was a nice doctor who didn't have the attitude 'I'm the doctor here!!'. When I tell other doctors I take it, they act all concerned and tell me its not licenced for that use and really dangerous blah blah etc.

Why would I want SSRI's when they will lower my libido, possibly make me fat and cause many other problems which can depressing in itself!!

I have been taking 5mg per day for months with the only negative effect being harder to sleep for the first few days. I have taken supplements that have not recommended for use with MAO inhibitors (more likely referring to the 'A' type though'). Phenylethylamine did raise the blood pressure though to near crisis levels (a few pushups managed to drop them down to levels you would equally be wary of)

I had taken 10mg per day once to see if any effect could be noticed, and I certainly felt much more agitated and if I wasn't short of cash or too embarrassed I probably would have gone for some 'adult' services. I can relate to the old guys lol. When I thought like that I knew it wasn't right and dropped the dose.

Glad you have found a cool doctor but i am pretty sure you don't need a prescription in Australia to get it in. I have imported it from overseas (w/o a prescription) and had it checked by customs. In Australia i think the distinction is that you can only get it locally in a pharmacy with a prescription but you are allowed a personal supply of up to 3 months from an international pharmacy if you wish to import. I have checked on the TGA website and don't see on any prohibited list or needing a prescription (Schedule 4). Granted this list is changing all the time. You may find it cheaper to purchase overseas. Admittedly our dollar has taken a pounding lately though.

Dert

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

I must try that :) The reaction of doctors might be even more uptight if I told them I bought it from the internet instead of a prescription of a doctor lol.

I should also add to the effects I have felt when on 5mg per day, is that if I hear a song on the radio or CD etc it gives me some mild effects as if I took phenylethylamine... Without having to take it!!

Glad you have found a cool doctor but i am pretty sure you don't need a prescription in Australia to get it in. I have imported it from overseas (w/o a prescription) and had it checked by customs. In Australia i think the distinction is that you can only get it locally in a pharmacy with a prescription but you are allowed a personal supply of up to 3 months from an international pharmacy if you wish to import. I have checked on the TGA website and don't see on any prohibited list or needing a prescription (Schedule 4). Granted this list is changing all the time. You may find it cheaper to purchase overseas. Admittedly our dollar has taken a pounding lately though.

Dert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users