Mom dying of Cancer

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:54 AM

Devon,

My deepest condolences.... You are a survivor and will persist.. and by doing so will honor the memory of your mother and any loved-ones who don't make it "under the wire". There will also soon be ways to correct your neurological issues....so have hope... and like Bruce said.. hang strong.. for you are.

KP

#32 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:18 AM

Hello Devon.
As everyone here, I am sorry to hear about the situation and wishfor a miracle to happen.

Just wondering, why does your mother not want to sign to cryonics?

Have you tried to get her into any trial cancer treatments like immunology to nanotech? If you havn't already, I suggest you look into it and try it!

Good luck!

#33 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Edited by s123, 07 January 2008 - 05:01 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:27 AM

Thank you Kevin, and everyone...my mom was progressive in most ways, but she, like most people, did not fully comprehend the possibilities of cryonics...for the same reason most people don't sign up for cryonics, she was the same...most people just don't realize that the normal lifespan of a human being can be changed. Why aren't thousands of people signing up for cryonics? Because they were raised to expect death like everyone else...Mom is dead now and I will look to the future for inspiration.

#35 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:15 AM

I'm so sorry.

#36 andres

• 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:35 AM

I'm very sorry for your family's loss Devon. I was deeply moved by your post, I immediately sent my bots to search the web for any information.

From your comments, I wish I got to know her. I promise you we will keep her alive in our thoughts. She will persist in the minds of all whose lives she touched, including, indirectly, those of us who have come to know her through you.

#37 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:22 AM

Devon I'd like to send what strength and encouragement I can to you and your family.

About your brain condition: have you had it worked up? Have you considered getting an MRI? It sounds like something that could become serious if ignored.

#38 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:17 AM

Devon I'd like to send what strength and encouragement I can to you and your family.

About your brain condition: have you had it worked up? Have you considered getting an MRI? It sounds like something that could become serious if ignored.

I got an MRI and it came out normal...no one seems to know what is wrong. Here are my symptoms...constant 24/7 buzz/static sound in my head, inability to recall many past events, inability to think in the 3 dimensional, multifaceted way I did before...I feel like a chunk of my brain is lost...can't remember most things I read, can't visually interpret things like I did before, and I feel terrible almost all the time...I had to quit work because of this....go figure! Oh and thanks for the condolences...very very appreciated!

Edited by dfowler, 09 January 2008 - 08:20 AM.

#39 HellKaiserRyo

• 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:02 AM

I think sorafenib can be used to treat liver cancer.

#40 kiriel

• 53 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

well...the outpouring of sympathy here at imminst is quite amazing...I really appreciate all your support as this has been a very difficult thing to go through...I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with my brain, as I can't think even near the capacity that I used to. I've always been a bit slow to learn complex ideas such as nanotech, biotech, etc. but now I can barely retain anything I read, even the newspaper...I thought it was some outside source somehow doing it to me, like a machine or weapon that works on electromagnetic frequency. But now I'm thinking its' simply neurological in nature...I wish to God that I could cure my problem....any advice would be warrented

Peace,

Devon

First I want to present my sincere condolences.

About your brain disorder. When I am in what I call mode D (depressed mode) my symptoms are very much like yours. But since I started using Modalert my mind goes into what I call mode M (manic mode) where my brain functions in a totally different league than in mode D -- with my memory working super well without effort.

It is like my mind has polarised, clustered & categorised all the negative and positive experiences thru life into separate gears of mode. In mode D the brain is working in a mode which I despise, it is like all the negative traits I despise in other people are active in me in this mode. In mode M the brain is working in a mode which I adore, it is like all the positive traits I love in other people are active in me in this mode.

So, you might be interested in trying some stimulants to get your brain going.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users