marinabay cryonics questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marinabay

• 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Dear Mr. Clement:

Sorry for my bad english.
I want to know if anybody has comeback from cryonization.
If it is possible to resucitate a person after cryonization.
If the person is still alive when cryonization begins.
Waht happen if electronic service is cutt off when one is freezed.
And if when we would be awaken our aged bodies could be fixed, or they would degenerate sooner than before (like meat taken out from freezers).

Many thanks.
Marinabay

[attachment=2333:clement.png]

Join the Immortality Institute Dec 23rd for a Sunday Evening Chat with James Clement, the new Executive Director for World Transhumanist Association, as we discuss WTA's new direction and challenge grant.

Chat Room: http://www.imminst.org/chat

4:30 Pacific
5:30 Mountain
6:30 Central
7:30 Eastern
[timezone help]

Chat Archive

#2 marinabay

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

Can Mr. Clement reply my questions to my email?

Regrettably, the chat feature is experiencing technical defects. The chat cannot take place as planned. Mind and BJ are these minutes deliberating with James Clement, about an alternative date.

Sorry!

#3 salyavin

• 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

I think most of marinabay's questions can be answered on a cryonics FAQ.

Basically no one has been reanimated. It depends on future technological developments like nanotechnology.
It is a gamble based on predicted future tech development, better than rotting in a box or cremation IMHO.
The person is legally dead when they are vitrified. Some damage does occur even with the cryoprotectents so unless someone can repair your body or "download" your brain into a computer or a cloned body you'd get nowhere.

#4 marinabay

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

So, it has no sense to think in coming back with the same body. Probably mind could be in better conditions to come back, passed firstly thru a computer database and then where??? Mind floating in the cyberspace like such an energy form, like that old film, where the young lover of a scientist died and couldnt be frozen because his father didnt allow the procedure. Her mind got into a big computer system and then began to kill people. How could we risk to put human minds into computers, with the idea not to lose them? If they were bad people? Could we give that power to bad people, to menace the rest of alives??

I think most of marinabay's questions can be answered on a cryonics FAQ.

Basically no one has been reanimated. It depends on future technological developments like nanotechnology.
It is a gamble based on predicted future tech development, better than rotting in a box or cremation IMHO.
The person is legally dead when they are vitrified. Some damage does occur even with the cryoprotectents so unless someone can repair your body or "download" your brain into a computer or a cloned body you'd get nowhere.

#5 galtsgulch

• 51 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

Regrettably, the chat feature is experiencing technical defects. The chat cannot take place as planned. Mind and BJ are these minutes deliberating with James Clement, about an alternative date.

Sorry!

Both Alcor and the Cryonics Institute have good websites with explanations about vitrification, reanimation, etc. Check out their FAQs -

CI: http://www.cryonics.org/prod.html

Alcor: http://www.alcor.org...nics/index.html

I'd also recommend going through the Imminst Forums and reading some of the posts on Cryonics, Uploading and other topics which interest you.

Good luck with your travels and studies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users