• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

HIV/AIDs Alternative Treatment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darktr00per

• 52 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 05:56 AM

The idea that I shall bring up is not a new one. It is a radical but proven effective and logical resolution for spread of HIV virus.
First I am going to make clear that HIV is the virus and AIDs is the response or effects from the virus. I assume everybody alread y knew that though so I wont get into details. Now for the actions to erradicate the outbreaks or atleast supress them.

First off, the ideas represented will save millions of lives in the end. Good ol' ends justified the means as I recall. It would also provide tons of jobs for people. This would inturn boost the economic slump.

As the outbreak of lepracy reaches epidemic proportions people came up with an idea to isolate the problem from fearther spreading.
We would build a huge faculity for HIV positive pateints. This would open jobs for contruction works,health care officals, and other contractors such as security and electritions. We would then initiate a HIV act that required people to carry a "clean" card. This card would prove that they do not have the virus. People would have to be tested every year. People leaving and entering the country as well. We would then round up all HIV positive people and take them to the faculity. In this faculity they can live out their life with a higher quality. They could have releationships with other HIV positive people. They can enjoy their life out to the end. Of course there is the problem of escape and reproducing. To solve this security would be on site at all times. And the possibility of required nutering. After this would go into action it would save millions of lives in the end. The chance of HIV spreading would be dramaticlly reduced(in our country at least). As I mentioned already it would open up lots of jobs.

#2 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:44 AM

Darktrooper...

you're joking right.. ?

#3 darktr00per

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:37 PM

no

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:57 PM

uhm... I see..

Well proposing the adopting of the methods of Third World countries to deal with a tremendously complex disease, both biologically and socially, is a bit surprising.

I would have to question your knowledge of HIV, it's life cycle and it's transmission as they apply to the effectiveness of your propsed methods. As well AIDS would certainly have to present a MUCH larger threat than currently realized for people to submit to a once a year 'mandatory test' and I think the more 'reasonable' methods of vaccination and safe sex practices will continue to keep HIV and the threat of AIDS to a level that will avoid the necessity of the draconian measures that you suggest.

#5 darktr00per

• Topic Starter
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:05 AM

Well, simplicity is the key. Isolate the problem and get rid of it. If it is destructive to the whole, it has no point in remaining. And to your life cycle comment, that is why they can live out a healthy life in a institution. I do not see how complex it is. It has no beneficial use. Eliminate it! As far as safe sex and vaccination is concerned- it is not stopping the spread. It is time to empliment other measures.

#6 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 15 October 2003 - 08:06 AM

I'm not sure how much support you'd be able to gather for your proposal, although it is plausible that under the right conditions it might come to pass. I seem to remember a city in Poland that had a similar occurence in history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users