http://search.chacha...ink of cryonics

--Jon

#2 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

nice page to watch:

http://search.chacha...ink of cryonics

--Jon

Actually, I am very skeptical that it would actually work today. Hopefully by the time I need it, if I do need it, it will work.

#3 Richard Leis

• 866 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:26 AM

I just received my Alcor bracelet (and neck chain and wallet cards) in the mail today. I am also skeptical, but with the only other options being a coffin or an urn, I'd rather take the chance on a liquid nitrogen-filled dewar. If needed, of course; I hope to see radical life extension gains long before I need Alcor's services.

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

I hope i won't need it either. About it's chances of working, i'm more optimistic than most people i guess. I think that there are good chances of it working, since we can barely imagine what a super advanced civilization is able to do. But as others, i am very optimistic that i will see radical life extension technologies coming in my lifetime.

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

No matter how low the percentage chance of it working is, it is still higher than rotting in the ground. I think we can all agree that we hope we won't need it, though, as staying alive holds a much better chance of success, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users