Photo
- - - - -

Hydergine

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alien65

• 115 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:08 AM

I am interested in experiences and opinions about Hydergine. About 20 years ago I was taking Hydergine and had several psychic events including precognition and remote viewing. Unfortunately, a shipment from Europe was confiscated and I ended up in some watch list that got me searched every time I went to Canada. I am considering trying it again and would welcome any comments regarding it's benefits, side effects, etc..
Thanks in advance,
Dave

#2 Alien65

• Topic Starter
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:12 AM

Sorry, I put this in the wrong sub forum.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

from what I understand, sulbutiamine is all the rage now.

#4 spider

• 181 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

Believe it or not, but Hydergine is OTC in Belgium. So twice a year I travel over the border to purchase some. For me Hydergine has a very powerful and acute effect. Therefore I would like to suggest to start out with a low dosage like 0,5 mg twice per day.

#5 phernandez

• 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

I took hydergine for 80 days, during an 8 month cycle of piracetam, aniracetam, centrophenoxine, idebenone, salmon oil, ALCAR & ALA. Heard of beta blockers? Well this is an alpha blocker. [edit]

Alpha blockers on wikipedia:

Adverse effects and interactions

By reducing α1-adrenergic activity of the blood vessels, these drugs may cause hypotension (low blood pressure) and interrupt the baroreflex response. In doing so, they may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting when rising from a lying or sitting posture (known as orthostatic hypotension or postural hypotension). For this reason, it is generally recommended that alpha blockers should be taken at bedtime. Additionally, the risk of first dose phenomenon may be reduced by starting at a low dose and titrating upwards as needed.

Because these medications may cause orthostatic hypotension, as well as hypotension in general, these agents may interact with other medications that increase risk for hypotension, such as other antihypertensives and vasodilators.

That is a pretty good evaluation of the side effects of hydergine. Standing up from sitting and lying in bed had to be done slow to prevent the lightheadedness. It increases glucose turnover in the brain, and you can feel it. However, the side effects on the blood pressure were just too much for me, because I already have very healthy lower blood pressure, and hydergine just pushed me down into the hypotension region. Lesson: monitor your blood pressure! Exercise while on this supplement was not easy. It most definitely is a smooth muscle relaxer, and as such, food just 'sat' on my stomach if I ate after taking it. Taking it at bedtime was the only tolerable way for me to avoid that problem.

It has some merits; the synergy with piracetam is no joke. After taking piracetam for some time, I would get whole-field-of-vision white flashes. They were ultimately the reason I stopped taking 'racetams, but I found that they were far less frequent when taking hydergine in conjunction. It should be noted I already had a history of ocular migraines, which caused half hour visual aberrations without the pain commonly associated with migraines. Whether the white flashes were connected to the piracetam or the ocular migraines I do not know, but cessation of the piracetam always eliminated the white flashes, and there were no visual effects from hydergine alone. The stress abating properties of hydergine were obvious. I could never lose my cool or be anxious while on hydergine.

Anyways, I hope that helped, and remember, your mileage may vary.

#6 Alien65

• Topic Starter
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for the info. I may put a hold on this one or try it at a very low dose.

#7 revnik

• 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I may put a hold on this one or try it at a very low dose.

I like the liquid form which i can take in low dosages in the 0.25-0.50 mg range, indeedly very hard on the stomach but also pretty effective as a noob. Very interesting to know it's an alpha-blocker.

#8 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:17 AM

I don't notice much side effects. I can take 9 mg a day without much problems, but my typical daily dose is 4.5 mg.

#9 randomthoughts

• 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

ive checked relentlessimprovement and bulknutrition, no luck finding hydergine... anyone know a reliable supplier?

#10 nootrUSR

• 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

ive checked relentlessimprovement and bulknutrition, no luck finding hydergine... anyone know a reliable supplier?

I recently received an order from www.antiaging-systems.com/. Took 12 days to arrive.

#11 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

I never got any positive results from hydergine. Frankly none of the supposed "vasodilators" really ever did anything for me and ive tried them all.

#12 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

I never got any positive results from hydergine. Frankly none of the supposed "vasodilators" really ever did anything for me and ive tried them all.

I have to agree with you there. No noticeable improvement for me. I'll come back to hydergine in a year or so and see if there is any difference.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 samantha

• 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

I just got some hydergine and also some vinpocetine. These two drugs seem to do much the same thing. They are both vaso-dilators. I take it it doesn't make much sense to do both. Which is preferred for maximal cognitive and brain health benefit? I also take 2400 mg of piracetam a day. Also, for hydergine is it preferable to divide the dose up over the day or is once a day sufficient? My instructions for vinpocetine were to divide it up.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users