Photo
* * * * * 17 votes

Astragalus, Astragaloside IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2189 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Caston could you please post exact data which support your argumentation. I am of the same opinion like lucid, this hypothesis seems for me too far catched.

Regarding to the question which of the agents could be the mysterious TA-65, I think that we could be on the wrong way, thinking it could be astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol. Although they are activating telomerase expression according to the Geron patent it could be an other agent called HDTIC, especially the HDTIC-1 isomer. It was mentioned in the abstract quoted by smithx and shows an interesting senscence delaying effect in vitro, by providing additional cell cycles (15-20) after the Hayflick limit. Another study done with HDTIC demonstrates its supression of P16 and ß-galactosidase. (1,2) The tumorsupressor P16 is strongly correlating with the aging process, P16 expression is becoming stronger through the aging process and impairs function and renewal of stem cells, reducing their potential and leading to senescence. (3)

The HDTIC compound preserved longer the youthful phenotype even in H202 damaged cells, there was no transformation to malignant cells in presence of P16 supression, this could be explained through specific inhibition of P16 and not of the P53/P21 way. In genetic modifactions of cells in which telomerase expression was induced through vectors, the P16 was also supressed selective (mainly due promoter methylation), P21 and P53 not. (4)
Even resveratrol is causing a negative shift in P16 expression.

I don`t know if the prolonging of replicative life span of cells by HDTIC-1 is caused through telomerase and the telomere elongating, but it could be possible and would go hand in hand with the geron patent and the different astragalus compounds. So HDTIC-1 could be a potent candidate for the TA-65 role, even if not it seems to be very effective. But this studies are the only one, confirming independently from Geron an effect caused by some astragalus active agents.

(1)
Wang PC, Zhang ZY, Zhang J, Tong TJ.
Two isomers of HDTIC isolated from Astragali Radix decrease.
Chin Med J (Engl). 2008 Feb 5;121(3):231-5.

(2)
Wang P, Zhang Z, Ma X, Huang Y, Liu X, Tu P, Tong T.
HDTIC-1 and HDTIC-2, two compounds extracted from Astragali Radix, delay replicative senescence of human diploid fibroblasts.
Mech Ageing Dev. 2003 Dec;124(10-12):1025-34.

(3)
Molofsky AV, Slutsky SG, Joseph NM, He S, Pardal R, Krishnamurthy J, Sharpless NE, Morrison SJ.
Increasing p16INK4a expression decreases forebrain progenitors and neurogenesis during ageing.
Nature. 2006 Sep 28;443(7110):448-52. Epub 2006 Sep 6.

(4)
Farwell DG, Shera KA, Koop JI, Bonnet GA, Matthews CP, Reuther GW, Coltrera MD, McDougall JK, Klingelhutz AJ.
Genetic and epigenetic changes in human epithelial cells immortalized by telomerase.
Am J Pathol. 2000 May;156(5):1537-47.

#32 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

You can't increase telomere length in vivo. Everyday billions of bacteria try to get into your cells to input their own code and express telomerease or kickstart ALT or whatever. Your body has defences against it. By trying to increase telomere length it will backfire and you have unwittingly submitted yourself to WILT before suitable cell replacement therapies are available to you.

Edited by caston, 13 April 2008 - 03:39 PM.

• dislike x 1

#33 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

You can't increase telomere length in vivo. Everyday billions of bacteria try to get into your cells to input their own code and express telomerease or kickstart ALT or whatever. Your body has defences against it. By trying to increase telomere length it will backfire and you have unwittingly submitted yourself to WILT before suitable cell replacement therapies are available to you.

Most bacteria have no need for telomerase genes, as they have circular genomes which need to be decatenated (toposimorase) after replication and so they have not problems with a shorter lagging strand after replication. Except a few bacteria with linear chromosomes. Perhaps you mean a virus.

Telomerase expression and elongation of telomeres in vivo is present and important for self renewing of stem cells, especially those producing germ cells. Telomerase-knockout mice are infertile. If increasing the telomerase expression would lead to a kind of autoimmune disease of the immune system, or destruction of cells expressing telomerase, we would have no problems with cancer. Thats the reality.

Sorry but as I said before, I would like to see more exact scientific data supporting your opinion to understand your point of view, or the mechanism behind such a reaction.
Otherwise it is just what it is, an opinion.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

No, i'm not talking about viruses. I'm talking about gram-negative bacteria like Helicobacter pylori http://en.wikipedia....cobacter_pylori

It is erroreous to approach curing aging from the perspective that we need to make ourselves immortal. The machinery of life itself is immortal. The aging individual is partly a defensive measure against this machinery and partly a means of ensuring evolutionary change through slight changes in protein folding equipment.

And your cells are like workers for a big corporation. They think the management is insane especially when it tries to do things like increase telomere length.

Edited by caston, 13 April 2008 - 05:01 PM.

• dislike x 1

#35 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

No, i'm not talking about viruses. I'm talking about gram-negative bacteria like Helicobacter pylori

1. The term and class "gram-negative bacteria" is nothing you can associate with formation of cancer. I think you will agree that E.coli won`t induce something or the vinegar bacteria A. xylinum or or....
2. The mechanism by which such bacteria could induce carcinogenesis has nothing to do with direct induction of telomerase expression, but more with enhanced production of free radicals and so increased mutagenesis, further by inflammation factors. Direct changes would be more caused by a virus, look at human papiloma virus and women.
3. There is no obvious and logic chain of reasoning in your post and no link between the mentioned arguments. Read it on yourself again. This discussion leads us also to an offtopic. No offense.

Edited by aidanpryde, 13 April 2008 - 09:45 PM.

#36 caston

• 2,141 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:28 AM

Research into virus cancer or bacteria cancer links is an interesting topic which has been discussed here before but I can't find the thread and from memory I think it was agreed that there was more likely a bacteria cancer link than a virus cancer one but for all we know there could be a prion cancer link. The HPV cervical cancer link has also been challenged with some groups claiming Merck has vested financial interests selling vacinations.

Here is the wikipedia article on the cancer bacteria link.
http://en.wikipedia....Cancer_bacteria

Astragalus promotes weight loss in my book that means cell loss.

I might want to ask what you hope to achieve by using a telomerese inducer? Do you see any evidence that it increases maximum lifespan?

You also might want to ask firm advocates of SENS why they support growth factors and stem cells but don't support using a telomerese inducer. Most of us assume it's because it would cause cancer then we get chuffed when we find studies that they actually help fight cancer and think its ok to use them.

There could still be a role in using a telomerese inducer as part of a protocol for ex-vivo culturing of patient specific stem cells.

Edited by caston, 14 April 2008 - 03:10 AM.

#37 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

The weight loss you have experienced, stands in no relation to any action of a simple astragalus supplement. A loss of 25kg of body weight you won`t even reach with extreme kind of obesity medication. Even not using an ATP uncoupler like 2,4 Dinitrophenol.

So I would really advise you to a visit a doctor. Blaming the 400mg of the astragalus, which has been used for hundreds of years in chinese medicine and now could be used as immune booster for chemotherapy patients, with a long history of use and no such sideeffects, is hilarious. Your conclusion that you have "lost cells" or " telomerase rich stem cells" is much more daring and without any evidence. Not to know what really caused your weight loss or perhaps induced a lipolysis and then claiming that it has lead to apoptosis of cells is not serious.

Do you see any evidence that it increases maximum lifespan?

1. I have already mentioned possible problems with murine species as testing model for telomerase effects. In humans, a long living species this issue is more important.
2. If not an other mechanism limits the replicative life span of cell (extreme ROS stress, activation of caspases, P-family and so on) the shortening of telomeres will finally induce it, ergo you are forced to do something to solve this problem.

You also might want to ask firm advocates of SENS why they support growth factors and stem cells but don't support using a telomerese inducer.

Sokrates said a long time ago, that quoting some persons in order to argument for your opinion, is not the way to convince somebody, perhaps this works at the court where it counts how many witnesses one can produce. I agree with this. I do like the work of Aubrey de Grey, also his engineering approach, but this alone does not mean, that I would not have my own opinion and would accept everything. Science itself is not dogmatic.

Most of us assume it's because it would cause cancer

Telomerase does not cause cancer. We speak here about an expression caused by medications, which can be ceased everytime. We do not discuss inserting of extra genes or whole chromosomes into cells with nearly irreversible telomerase expression, even experiments with cells bypassing Hayflick and dividing more than 120 times through inserting of an extra chromosome did not caused a transformation to malignant cells.

As I said before, this discussion is offtopic, so an extra thread would be better.

Edited by aidanpryde, 14 April 2008 - 09:43 AM.

#38 extol

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

The weight loss you have experienced, stands in no relation to any action of a simple astragalus supplement. A loss of 25kg of body weight you won`t even reach with extreme kind of obesity medication. Even not using an ATP uncoupler like 2,4 Dinitrophenol.

So I would really advise you to a visit a doctor. Blaming the 400mg of the astragalus, which has been used for hundreds of years in chinese medicine and now could be used as immune booster for chemotherapy patients, with a long history of use and no such sideeffects, is hilarious. Your conclusion that you have "lost cells" or " telomerase rich stem cells" is much more daring and without any evidence. Not to know what really caused your weight loss or perhaps induced a lipolysis and then claiming that it has lead to apoptosis of cells is not serious.

Do you see any evidence that it increases maximum lifespan?

1. I have already mentioned possible problems with murine species as testing model for telomerase effects. In humans, a long living species this issue is more important.
2. If not an other mechanism limits the replicative life span of cell (extreme ROS stress, activation of caspases, P-family and so on) the shortening of telomeres will finally induce it, ergo you are forced to do something to solve this problem.

You also might want to ask firm advocates of SENS why they support growth factors and stem cells but don't support using a telomerese inducer.

Sokrates said a long time ago, that quoting some persons in order to argument for your opinion, is not the way to convince somebody, perhaps this works at the court where it counts how many witnesses one can produce. I agree with this. I do like the work of Aubrey de Grey, also his engineering approach, but this alone does not mean, that I would not have my own opinion and would accept everything. Science itself is not dogmatic.

Most of us assume it's because it would cause cancer

Telomerase does not cause cancer. We speak here about an expression caused by medications, which can be ceased everytime. We do not discuss inserting of extra genes or whole chromosomes into cells with nearly irreversible telomerase expression, even experiments with cells bypassing Hayflick and dividing more than 120 times through inserting of an extra chromosome did not caused a transformation to malignant cells.

As I said before, this discussion is offtopic, so an extra thread would be better.

#39 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:45 PM

This is becoming more and more of an interest recently.

Are there any updates regarding animal studies? Pricing out Astragaloside IV remains expensive, so any studies that can suggest a minimum dose may be important.

A

Based on the patent, I don't think it's possible to know which astragaloside is the one Geron is licensing as TA-65. If you have some reason to believe it is astragaloside IV, it would be helpful to know this.

What Geron found was that lots of different varieties of astragalosides (not all of them are naturally occuring) activate telomerase production. They each activate telomerase to different degrees.
Here is a table of the concentration needed of the various substances to activate telomerase 2x compared to the dmso control:

Hence any of these should do the job OK. Astragaloside IV is one of the better ones.

As far as the pricing goes. The links edward and I posted earlier were for 95% pure extractions, hence they were pretty expensive. This stuff is pretty strong and shouldn't be played with. We need some more animal studies.

#40 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 27 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

I have not seen any new studies regarding this issue, but as I already said, a telomerase activator could perhaps be irrelevant in some animal trials especially in murine species.
The studies done with HDTIC-1 are very intresting, they may not have done any telomerase tests, but finding a second way of action (P16 supression, significantly decreased aging marker, youthful phenotype) of the astragalus compounds is fascinating. So HDTIC is together with astragaloside IV and Cycloastragenol a potential candidate for the TA-65 molecule.
When you look at the Geron patent so cycloastragenol and astragaloside IV have the same potency, but if I remind correctly cycloastragenol was more effective.
Astragaloside IV at 100mg daily should be good enough. Regarding the price, I would say after comparing several prices, that sticking to not so high purity (20%) would be the most cost effective option. 0,5g of the extract would then deliver 100mg Astragaloside IV and probably other already mentioned, pharmaceutical agents of the Astragalus plant, so the not so high purity would be in this case even desirable.

p.s. hurry up with the micronized resveratrol 99% :-D :-D

#41 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:47 AM

I have not seen any new studies regarding this issue, but as I already said, a telomerase activator could perhaps be irrelevant in some animal trials especially in murine species.
The studies done with HDTIC-1 are very intresting, they may not have done any telomerase tests, but finding a second way of action (P16 supression, significantly decreased aging marker, youthful phenotype) of the astragalus compounds is fascinating. So HDTIC is together with astragaloside IV and Cycloastragenol a potential candidate for the TA-65 molecule.
When you look at the Geron patent so cycloastragenol and astragaloside IV have the same potency, but if I remind correctly cycloastragenol was more effective.
Astragaloside IV at 100mg daily should be good enough. Regarding the price, I would say after comparing several prices, that sticking to not so high purity (20%) would be the most cost effective option. 0,5g of the extract would then deliver 100mg Astragaloside IV and probably other already mentioned, pharmaceutical agents of the Astragalus plant, so the not so high purity would be in this case even desirable.

p.s. hurry up with the micronized resveratrol 99% :~ :)

Thank you Aidanpryde,

BTW: Micronized Res is available... :D

Back to Astragalus: After a brief chat with a few people, including one of the folks that helped out with a UCLA study on a telomerase activator in human subjects, we will be releasing a small sample of astragaloside iv in capsule form. We will also give it a funny name, and see if it's something people want. Heck, maybe no one wants to consider it at all, and we lose money. But personally, I think it's worth the investment on our end.

We have already sent the powder to the lab to test for safety and purity.

So far the powder is far more powerful in taste than anything I have tasted.. Lucid is correct, this stuff is incredibly strong, and it (at least to me) appears to get sticky when it comes into contact with humidity and very fine. There is absolutely no way it can be taken as a powder and mixed into anything, it just won't work, and if you breath it in you will start coughing (yes, a mask is in order to handle the powder).

Capsules are the only way to take this stuff, so please don't ask me to provide the raw powder at this time.
Once the lab tests come back, I will start taking 50mg of astragaloside iv daily.

Cheers
Anthony Loera

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 06 July 2008 - 02:51 AM.

• like x 1

#42 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

p.s. hurry up with the micronized resveratrol 99% :~ :)

Thank you Aidanpryde,

BTW: Micronized Res is available... :D

Back to Astragalus: After a brief chat with a few people, including one of the folks that helped out with a UCLA study on a telomerase activator in human subjects, we will be releasing a small sample of astragaloside iv in capsule form. We will also give it a funny name, and see if it's something people want. Heck, maybe no one wants to consider it at all, and we lose money. But personally, I think it's worth the investment on our end.

We have already sent the powder to the lab to test for safety and purity.

So far the powder is far more powerful in taste than anything I have tasted.. Lucid is correct, this stuff is incredibly strong, and it (at least to me) appears to get sticky when it comes into contact with humidity and very fine. There is absolutely no way it can be taken as a powder and mixed into anything, it just won't work, and if you breath it in you will start coughing (yes, a mask is in order to handle the powder).

Capsules are the only way to take this stuff, so please don't ask me to provide the raw powder at this time.
Once the lab tests come back, I will start taking 50mg of astragaloside iv daily.

Cheers
Anthony Loera

Great! Thanks for your efforts, Anthony! Please keep us informed WRT availability!

#43 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

I have started my regimen with 33mg.
As a company, 33mg is what we will recommend at this time.

So far, I am getting a placebo effect.

Cheers
A

#44 edward

• Topic Starter
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

Just a few words of caution on this issue as I have read a lot since I started this topic. With regards to apoptosis. Apoptosis is programmed cell death and its a good thing. In many instances you want this and it is beneficial to the organism as a whole. Certain cells have problems, get filled up with junk, stop functioning properly, may become potentially cancerous etc. These cells need to die or they will cause problems first for the tissue they are a part of and eventually for the whole organism. Telomerase has roles in modulating apoptosis in "normal" cells and cancer cells. Just google telomerase and apoptosis. The issue is not clear yet because science does not know enough yet but it may not be wise to ingest a substance that would increase telomere length across the board, if indeed Ast IV will do that. We need some animal studies.

edit: spelin 'n gramur

Edited by edward, 07 August 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#45 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Hi Edward,

Aidanpryde mentioned telomerase does not cause cancer on April 14th, now I don't know him from Joe, so he could be talking baloney, I had to talk to an expert.

I went to talk to a person who actually got trained by Geron, trained UCLA folks that ended up at Geron and was involved in the UCLA studies. I asked him this same question. Does telomerase cause cancer?

The answer came back, telomerase is a normal activity done by your immune cells when trying to fight off an invader. Every time you get sick, your body uses telomerase as part of the process to create the cells needed to fight the invaders off. It will not cause cancer. There are 5 different things that need to happen before a cell turns cancerous.

I then asked a different question:
I am about to release a supplement with Astragaloside IV, a substance known to induced telomerase activity. Do you see this causing cancer in anyone? The answer came back as no, inducing telomorase in cells has never made them immortal (cancerous). People have tried to do this by different methods, and could never create an immortal cell.

So, we will be releasing this supplement soon. We will simply state it supports chromosome health.

BTW: here is an interesting animal study related to telomerase:
http://www.pubmedcen...i?artid=1084029

Cheers
A

#46 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

Int J Oncol. 2006 Mar;28(3):641-8. Links
Resveratrol down-regulates the growth and telomerase activity of breast cancer cells in vitro.Lanzilli G, Fuggetta MP, Tricarico M, Cottarelli A, Serafino A, Falchetti R, Ravagnan G, Turriziani M, Adamo R, Franzese O, Bonmassar E.
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, CNR, Area Ricerca Roma 'Tor Vergata', I-00133 Rome, Italy. giulia.lanzilli@artov.inmm.cnr.it

A number of previous studies investigated the in vitro effects of resveratrol on malignant human breast epithelial cell replication. The aim of the present study was to evaluate the activity of resveratrol on human metastatic breast cancer cells. The study was performed on the MCF-7 tumor cell line. Cell growth, cell cycle perturbation and apoptosis were evaluated by trypan blue dye exclusion assay, flow cytometric analysis and confocal fluorescence microscopy. TRAP assay and Western blot analysis respectively detected levels of telomerase activity and levels of hTERT in intracellular compartments of MCF-7 cells treated with resveratrol. Resveratrol has a direct inhibitory effect on cell proliferation. The results demonstrate that the drug induces apoptosis in MCF-7 cells, in a time- and concentration-related manner. Our results also show that the growth-inhibitory effect of resveratrol on malignant cells is mainly due to its ability to induce S-phase arrest and apoptosis in association with reduced levels of telomerase activity. In particular, TRAP assay and Western blot analysis respectively showed that resveratrol treatment down-regulates the telomerase activity of target cells and the nuclear levels of hTERT, the reverse transcriptase subunit of the telomerase complex. In our experimental model of breast cancer, resveratrol shows direct antiproliferative and pro-apoptotic effects. Studies on telomerase function and intracellular hTERT distribution point out that this agent is endowed with additional suppressive functions on critical tumor biological properties. These results speak in favor of a potential role of resveratrol in chemoprevention/chemotherapy of breast cancer.

PMID: 16465368 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#47 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

I take this in the morning, and will take resveratrol at night.

Otherwise these two (Res & Ast-IV) will not be effective and (the different telomerase activity each regulates) may cancel each other out. It's also a major reason we cannot put them in one capsule.

A

#48 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

Anthony is your product for this available yet?

#49 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

We have just finished encapsulating it and bottling it, but have not placed it on the website at this time.

I think it will be on the website sometime in the coming week.

Folks thinking about measuring their Telomere length and comparing it at a later time should talk to folks at RepeatDiagnostics.com. They are not associated with us, but I have been pointed to them by folks who "Oprah" originally interviewed regarding telemore testing. I will be doing this test as well in the upcoming week.

If it all goes well, we may ask to see if we can get a discount for our customers.

A

#50 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:32 PM

Edward you are of course right by stating how important the death of a cell may be for the vitality of a whole organism.
You won`t prevent the apoptosis of old and stressed cells through activation of telomerase, indeed telomerase expression can be also proapoptotic in presence of strong stress. A mitochondria target sequence is also attached to some telomerasemolecules and telomerase can act as a kind of quality control of mitochondria by sensitizing these to oxidative stress in presence of stress. This leads to cell death and may be an important function of telomerase. Cells loosing this function are more prone of developing defect mitochondria. (1)
Also do not forget a possible fatal effect caused by fusion of chromosomes which have lost their telomeres and were recognized as a doublestrand break.
Furthermore, like Anthony already said, it is a really different situation if you use an pharmaceutical agent to activate telomerase, something you can cease every time, or cells gone mad, loosing their self destruction abilities and producing telomerase in excessive manner to maintain the fast growth of tumor cells and for elongating of the usually short telomeres of cancer cells.

Inawe the presented study is interesting, but it is done in cancer cells. While resveratrol may be in high concentration proapoptic in normal cells, we know from many in vitro tests on cancer cells, that it behaves different in this cells compared with normal cells. A possible explanation could be, that it is converted by some cancer specific enzymes to an other pharmaceutical agent, that is more toxic to cells, explaining the observed cell specific effects. So I would still not say that the presented study is a real evidence, that resveratrol will undo any astragaloside effects, although this remains to be analyzed.

(1)
Santos JH, Meyer JN, Van Houten B.
Mitochondrial localization of telomerase as a determinant for hydrogen peroxide-induced mitochondrial DNA damage and apoptosis.
Hum Mol Genet. 2006 Jun 1;15(11):1757-68. Epub 2006 Apr 13.

#51 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

FYI:

"Astral Fruit" is now available at the website.
It is our trademark name for Astragaoside IV extracts, because... trying to say "Astragaloside IV" 10 times very quickly, just doesn't work well...

:D

Cheers
A

#52 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:09 AM

Regarding a possible negative effect of resveratrol on telomerase activity induced by Astragaloside IV, I have proposed that this statement should be only still valid for cancer cells.
The following, relative new paper (jun, 2008) underscores my theory. (1)
Quote:

"Key results:Resveratrol dose dependently prevented the onset of EPCs senescence and increased the proliferation and migration of EPCs. The effect of resveratrol on senescence could not be abolished by eNOS inhibitor or by an oestrogenic receptor antagonist. Resveratrol significantly increased telomerase activity and Akt phosphorylation. "

So resveratrol probably won`t have any negative effect on telomerase activity in non malignant cells.

(1)
Xia L, Wang XX, Hu XS, Guo XG, Shang YP, Chen HJ, Zeng CL, Zhang FR, Chen JZ.
Resveratrol reduces endothelial progenitor cells senescence through augmentation of telomerase activity by Akt-dependent mechanisms.
Br J Pharmacol. 2008 Jun 30.

Edited by aidanpryde, 19 August 2008 - 09:10 AM.

#53 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:38 AM

Are there any studies on the interaction between Astragaloside IV and calorie restriction? Do they depend on the same or similar pathways? Does the former enhance the latter's beneficial effects?

#54 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

FYI:

It is our trademark name for Astragaoside IV extracts, because... trying to say "Astragaloside IV" 10 times very quickly, just doesn't work well...

Cheers
A

Hi Anthony,

i was quite seriously about to buy some from you but... the shipping is killing me... i mean... if i buy 4 bottles of astral fruit it'd cost me 100$ plus 133$ shipping? Whoa... I understand you don't have the same discounts as iHerb but whoa that shure is mucho... do you have any other shipping method?

#55 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:47 PM

FYI:

Cheers
A

Hi Anthony,

i was quite seriously about to buy some from you but... the shipping is killing me... i mean... if i buy 4 bottles of astral fruit it'd cost me 100$ plus 133$ shipping? Whoa... I understand you don't have the same discounts as iHerb but whoa that shure is mucho... do you have any other shipping method?

I see that US orders are pretty good regarding shipping...
Wait you live in Switzerland? What Canton and postal code?

Maybe I can see what is happening ...

thanks for the heads up on this.
Anthony

#56 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:50 PM

Ok, you must have chosen FedEx, they are pretty ridiculous for international packages.

Use USPS priority international, or EMS... these are much cheaper.

A

#57 curious_sle

• 464 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Ok, you must have chosen FedEx, they are pretty ridiculous for international packages.

Use USPS priority international, or EMS... these are much cheaper.

A

Um, it was the only option for switzerland... erm, i'll mail you better as it's gong kinda off topic :-) sorry folks.

#58 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

I am interested in this stuff, just wish there was more information on it out there.

#59 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:33 AM

I am interested in this stuff, just wish there was more information on it out there.

Well let's start with the "International" Geron patent (see attached) to see what herbal items were used. We are not copying any of Geron's formulations. We simply don't care to, we only provide a single herbal extracts that should have no issues in this regard. We present this simply to show whats behind the curtain... in the form of a very public document.

Then checkout TA Sciences licensing:
http://www.fastpitch...FTOKEN=35724484
and
http://www.vagnini.c.../TASciences.pdf

An interesting comment by Charley of Geron regarding Telamorase and Cancer:
http://www.nature.co...l/1205076a.html

Then move on to a nice power point about Aids folks and increasing patients Telomerase to their benefit from a UCLA researcher:
http://revgenetics.com/SFauce.ppt

I think there is some great reading in this post.

Cheers
Anthony Loera

Attached Files

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 24 August 2008 - 04:34 AM.

#60 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Anthony,

I am interested in your product, and would like to see the results of the independent analysis that you had performed. Can you post it please?

Also, how about a subscription/free shipping service for this product?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users