Photo
* * * * * 17 votes

Astragalus, Astragaloside IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2189 replies to this topic

#1831 Immortalis

• 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

So I can't find Astragaloside IV on RevGenetics website so I'm guessing they stopped making it. Where is everyone getting it now? Or Cycloastragenol for that matter?

Have you tried Terraternal.com ?

They have both available.

I've seen that site. Generally i prefer to review a few options and I'm curious why Revgenetics pulled it.

For the best person is to contact Anthony Lorea of Revgenetics. He can also be contacted on this forum i think. Email is i think Anthony@revgenetics.com.

There is also Crackaging.com , but as you know from this open discussion, the jury is still out.

You know about any others?

I'm still looking my self.

I get Nitro Micronized Resveratrol 250 from REvgenetics. Think thats the best on increased absorption I'm told.

#1832 neuropill

• 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

So I can't find Astragaloside IV on RevGenetics website so I'm guessing they stopped making it. Where is everyone getting it now? Or Cycloastragenol for that matter?

I've seen that site. Generally i prefer to review a few options and I'm curious why Revgenetics pulled it.

For the best person is to contact Anthony Lorea of Revgenetics. He can also be contacted on this forum i think. Email is i think Anthony@revgenetics.com.

There is also Crackaging.com , but as you know from this open discussion, the jury is still out.

I get Nitro Micronized Resveratrol 250 from REvgenetics. Think thats the best on increased absorption I'm told.

I may do just that.

Yeah...they do not seem legit nor do the several other companies somehow offering 10 plus sizes/doses of this expensive compound.

https://www.supersma...stragenol--0616 looks trustworthy to me thus far.

I've actually just been eyeing that one myself. Or the triaceylated form.

#1833 Immortalis

• 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

I may do just that.

Yeah...they do not seem legit nor do the several other companies somehow offering 10 plus sizes/doses of this expensive compound.

Interesting, Smart City is someone I've ordered from before. Catalase 250mg.

There price is in Euros. its only 10mg per cap, shame that. Have you asked for Cert of Ana on their product?

Seems legit company though. Combine it with https://www.supersma...va=2&va_id=0616
50mg per cap is decent.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#1834 neuropill

• 102 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

I may do just that.

There price is in Euros. its only 10mg per cap, shame that. Have you asked for Cert of Ana on their product?

Seems legit company though. Combine it with https://www.supersma...va=2&va_id=0616
50mg per cap is decent.

They have it posted on their website.

https://www.supersma...ficats/0616.pdf

Not bad for Astragaloside IV.

#1835 Immortalis

• 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

I may do just that.

50mg per cap is decent.

The COA isn't by a third party it looks like. Its best if it was.

#1836 neuropill

• 102 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

I may do just that.

50mg per cap is decent.

The COA isn't by a third party it looks like. Its best if it was.

I don't have any reason to believe they doctored the results or a third party is automatically better in any way. If the 3rd party lab is of poorer quality than their lab then the results would be untrustworthy. Ultimately it's the quality of the testing lab that is what matters not how many parties are involved imo. If a company has to have something tested by several companies to me that suggest they don't trust their own lab and it just drives up the cost unnecessarily.

Edited by neuropill, 14 August 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#1837 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Do a search on terraternal under my name on this website to see what was my problem with them.

Basically they used a COA from a lab that supposedly sold them the material, however after I spoke with the supplier, it seemed that they did not sell them enough of the material to make much of anything... In my mind, the COA used to market it at the time was not the correct one.

Since then it appears they have started to use an independent lab. Are they trustworthy? That's something I suppose you will need to figure out for yourself.

Read the old posts, and and make up your own mind.

Cheers
A

Circle me on Google+
https://profiles.goo...236572014252197

#1838 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

If they are not using a 3rd party... I thought they were... Then I wouldn't touch it until they used one like we did, when we were selling cyclo.

It is Not expensive... So that is simply an excuse.

I suggest AACL in Illinois, as the test all of our RevGenetics products, and have an international ISO lab certification.

A

Circle me on Google+
https://profiles.goo...236572014252197

#1839 Cooleyocity

• 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hi!
I am actually the customer who previously ordered from Crackaging who got the false lab reports. Not just 1 in fact but 3! I never was one to "dig" in and verify the lab reports of my supplements, but something kept nagging at me to look into it, so I did. I originally emailed customer support at crackaging asking questions on the safety of their product. They kept re-assuring me to the validity of their product as well as the purity. I then requested a lab report, which they supplied. Then, I was tricky enough to go to the Intertek Website and email the report to them. By the control number on the report they were easily able to identify the rep. that the report claimed verified crackaging's product. Intertek was a very helpful company, and their customer service and promptness was above and beyond. Intertek verified that the report was false. That it had been changed in some areas, although they could not disclose which ones. I then went back to crackaging to alert them of my findings. They quickly apologized and said they had sent me the wrong report on accident. A new report was sent. I then sent this "new" report to crackagaing. They replied that again, the report was false. I was starting to become very weary of crackaging at this point. I went back to crackaging to let them know of the 2nd false lab report. They said they had made another mistake, and sent me the report of the company that supplies thier products, astraglaxo or something like that. They then sent me that report which i sent to Intertek. AGAIN, ANOTHER FALSE REPORT!

After getting back to crackaging again, they sent me another report, which was verified to be real. Although at this point I am not sure i would EVER trust a company that sent me 3 FAKE reports before an authentic one. Long in short of it, I would not buy from Crackaging. I have to call total scam on this one, and not only scam, but they could be putting poison in their capsules for all we know. If there aren't any reports to verify anything, how can you really ever be sure???
  • like x 2

#1840 Immortalis

• 17 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi!
I am actually the customer who previously ordered from Crackaging who got the false lab reports. Not just 1 in fact but 3! I never was one to "dig" in and verify the lab reports of my supplements, but something kept nagging at me to look into it, so I did. I originally emailed customer support at crackaging asking questions on the safety of their product. They kept re-assuring me to the validity of their product as well as the purity. I then requested a lab report, which they supplied. Then, I was tricky enough to go to the Intertek Website and email the report to them. By the control number on the report they were easily able to identify the rep. that the report claimed verified crackaging's product. Intertek was a very helpful company, and their customer service and promptness was above and beyond. Intertek verified that the report was false. That it had been changed in some areas, although they could not disclose which ones. I then went back to crackaging to alert them of my findings. They quickly apologized and said they had sent me the wrong report on accident. A new report was sent. I then sent this "new" report to crackagaing. They replied that again, the report was false. I was starting to become very weary of crackaging at this point. I went back to crackaging to let them know of the 2nd false lab report. They said they had made another mistake, and sent me the report of the company that supplies thier products, astraglaxo or something like that. They then sent me that report which i sent to Intertek. AGAIN, ANOTHER FALSE REPORT!

After getting back to crackaging again, they sent me another report, which was verified to be real. Although at this point I am not sure i would EVER trust a company that sent me 3 FAKE reports before an authentic one. Long in short of it, I would not buy from Crackaging. I have to call total scam on this one, and not only scam, but they could be putting poison in their capsules for all we know. If there aren't any reports to verify anything, how can you really ever be sure???

This verified COA, was it for Crackaging or Astraglaxo? Also for what amount was it?

#1841 Cooleyocity

• 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

It was for both. There was no amount specified, they just sent me general reports pertaining to the legitimacy of thier product.

#1842 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

I am beginning to believe that taking higher than average doses of astragalus alcohol tincture is not only improving my overall feeling of well being, but also tightening up my skin; most noticeably under my chin and on my neck. I could be mistaking astragalus for being responsible, when it is really periods of fasting, but I swear when I take high doses of this stuff on a regular basis I've always noticed this skin tightening effect.

I am beginning to believe that taking higher than average doses of astragalus alcohol tincture is not only improving my overall feeling of well being, but also tightening up my skin; most noticeably under my chin and on my neck. I could be mistaking astragalus for being responsible, when it is really periods of fasting, but I swear when I take high doses of this stuff on a regular basis I've always noticed this skin tightening effect.

#1843 Immortalis

• 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Really. Wow. Going to look into this. Do you leave few hours apart from your other Supplements? i.e. Resveratrol.

#1844 rodneyb

• 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

An interesting study found on sciencedaily.com today: "First Real Indicator of Longevity in Mammals Discovered"

Executive summary found here: http://www.scienceda...20927130215.htm
Actual study found here: http://www.cell.com/...21112471200263X

* Mouse telomeres shorten ∼100 times faster than human telomeres
* The increase in the percentage of short telomeres predicts individual mouse longevity
* Longitudinal telomere length studies are necessary to predict mammalian longevity

Summary
Aberrantly short telomeres result in decreased longevity in both humans and mice with defective telomere maintenance. Normal populations of humans and mice present high interindividual variation in telomere length, but it is unknown whether this is associated with their lifespan potential. To address this issue, we performed a longitudinal telomere length study along the lifespan of wild-type and transgenic telomerase reverse transcriptase mice. We found that mouse telomeres shorten ∼100 times faster than human telomeres. Importantly, the rate of increase in the percentage of short telomeres, rather than the rate of telomere shortening per month, was a significant predictor of lifespan in both mouse cohorts, and those individuals who showed a higher rate of increase in the percentage of short telomeres were also the ones with a shorter lifespan. These findings demonstrate that short telomeres have a direct impact on longevity in mammals, and they highlight the importance of performing longitudinal telomere studies to predict longevity.

Edit: Formatting.

Edited by rodneyb, 27 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

• like x 3

#1845 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

can someone recommend a legt source for Astragaloside 4? i was looking at crackaging on amazon is it legit?

#1846 JorfoasImmortal

• 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

Why has everybody been silent since the last month? Any better topic to discuss?

#1847 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

perhaps here?

http://www.longecity...rase-induction/

#1848 GreenPower

• 201 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

A recent study from Maria Blasco's lab

Telomerase gene therapy in adult and old mice delays aging and increases longevity without increasing cancer
A major goal in aging research is to improve health during aging. In the case of mice, genetic manipulations that shorten or lengthen telomeres result, respectively, in decreased or increased longevity. Based on this, we have tested the effects of a telomerase gene therapy in adult (1 year of age) and old (2 years of age) mice. Treatment of 1- and 2-year old mice with an adeno associated virus (AAV) of wide tropism expressing mouse TERT had remarkable beneficial effects on health and fitness, including insulin sensitivity, osteoporosis, neuromuscular coordination and several molecular biomarkers of aging. Importantly, telomerase-treated mice did not develop more cancer than their control littermates, suggesting that the known tumorigenic activity of telomerase is severely decreased when expressed in adult or old organisms using AAV vectors. Finally, telomerase-treated mice, both at 1-year and at 2-year of age, had an increase in median lifespan of 24 and 13%, respectively. These beneficial effects were not observed with a catalytically inactive TERT, demonstrating that they require telomerase activity. Together, these results constitute a proof-of-principle of a role of TERT in delaying physiological aging and extending longevity in normal mice through a telomerase-based treatment, and demonstrate the feasibility of anti-aging gene therapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3494070/

Why has everybody been silent since the last month? Any better topic to discuss?

There have been periods with low activity in this thread in the past, maybe the activity will be higher again during the holidays.

I will do my next health check and telomere test in the beginning of the new year. I've also added "2 x Micronized Resveratrol 250mg" to my regimen in order to see if it makes a difference.

Edited by GreenPower, 22 December 2012 - 07:04 AM.

• like x 2

#1849 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I will do my next health check and telomere test in the beginning of the new year. I've also added "2 x Micronized Resveratrol 250mg" to my regimen in order to see if it makes a difference.

I would certainly be interested in seeing this posted. Have you had any testing done since you post with 3 x 6 month periods about 2 years ago? Are you still taking the Solgar product?

#1850 GreenPower

• 201 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I would certainly be interested in seeing this posted. Have you had any testing done since you post with 3 x 6 month periods about 2 years ago? Are you still taking the Solgar product?

I posted my last results in #1539 about a year ago. Since then I first continued with Solgar for half of the time using one month on/off periods. After about half the time I started to take "2 x Micronized Resveratrol 250mg" during my "off periods". I also started to be more serious with eating LCHF and verified with "ketostix" that I actually had extended periods with ketosis. And banned Orlistat from my shopping list.

The Canadian lab have got my blood sample and I expect the results within two weeks. I should have the results from my health check next week. I've not done any tests of Testosterone, Melatonin, Cortisol or DHEA because Genova Diagnostics no longer have any resellers in my country and unfortunately don't sell their test kits directly to consumers.

#1851 GreenPower

• 201 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

A comparison of two extracts from Astragalus membranaceus, TA-65 and HTA, for their effects on both telomerase and proliferative activity of human CD4 and CD8 T cells by Rita B. Effros and Hector Valenzuela (among others). It was published the 14nth of January and the complete article is available for free.

Functional Assessment of Pharmacological Telomerase Activators in Human T Cells
http://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/2/1/57
Abstract: Telomeres are structures at the ends of chromosomes that shorten during cell division and eventually signal an irreversible state of growth arrest known as cellular senescence. To delay this cellular aging, human T cells, which are critical in the immune control over infections and cancer, activate the enzyme telomerase, which binds and extends the telomeres. Several different extracts from the Astragalus membranaceus root have been documented to activate telomerase activity in human T cells. The objective of this research was to compare two extracts from Astragalus membranaceus, TA-65 and HTA, for their effects on both telomerase and proliferative activity of human CD4 and CD8 T cells. Our results demonstrate that, TA-65 increased telomerase activity significantly (1.3 to 3.3-fold relative to controls) in T cell cultures from six donors tested, whereas HTA only increased telomerase levels in two out of six donors. We also demonstrate that TA-65 activates telomerase by a MAPK- specific pathway. Finally, we determine that during a three-day culture period, only the T cells treated with the TA-65 extract showed a statistically significant increase in proliferative activity. Our results underscore the importance of comparing multiple telomerase activators within the same experiment, and of including functional assays in addition to measuring telomerase activity.
  • like x 2

#1852 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Pretty rapid find, GreenPower! The full text indicates that RevGenetics provided the TA-65 and HTA. Thanks, Anthony.

Howard

Edited by hav, 21 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#1853 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the heads-up on that paper, GreenPower. This was an in vitro experiment, so there would be no intestinal or metabolic conversion of the HTA, (a multi-component extract) to cycloastragenol. This might be a reason for the apparent poor performance of the HTA. As Howard just mentioned, both compounds were provided by RevGenetics (where Dr. Valenzuela is the CSO), and isn't HTA a competing product? I don't normally go all conspiratorial on these supposed conflicts of interest, but I wish they had bought both products over the counter without letting on that they were being used in a test. Better yet, they should have chemically characterized both samples so it was clear what they were testing. I haven't yet looked at the concentrations they used to figure out if they bear any resemblance to a concentration that could be achieved through oral dosing.

This is published in an Open Access journal, and the site has a link that gives article download statistics. It will be interesting to see if being mentioned here will spike the downloads.

#1854 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Stupied question perhaps, but I don't know what HTA is... what is it?:)

#1855 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Stupied question perhaps, but I don't know what HTA is... what is it? :)

Not such a dumb question after all. I was just on Tony Mackenzie's site, and their "HTA98" product is claimed to be cycloastragenol. This is really starting to suck that this paper uses an unidentified product to compare to TA65. I hope we can get to the bottom of it.

#1856 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

ok soo HTA is cycloastragenol, very high prices for 98% pure cyclo. On that site named HTA98. Pretty much twice the price compared to for example Crackaging

#1857 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

So either TA65 is NOT cycloastrogenol, contrary to what everyone thinks and what was published about it early on.

Or TA65 IS cycloastrogenol, and HTA98 is not, even though it claims to be.

Hmm..

Stupied question perhaps, but I don't know what HTA is... what is it? :)

Not such a dumb question after all. I was just on Tony Mackenzie's site, and their "HTA98" product is claimed to be cycloastragenol. This is really starting to suck that this paper uses an unidentified product to compare to TA65. I hope we can get to the bottom of it.

#1858 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Based on the independent lab analysis Anthony had done before he started selling it himself, TA65 is about 95% cycloastrogenol with the balance mostly astragaloside 4. While the hta is claimed to be 98% cycloastraganol but no info on the other 2%. Seems that the less pure cycloastraganol is more effective, maybe because it contains traces of other astragalus compounds.

Howard

#1859 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Well, many have speculated in different things and never come to any real conculsion about TA-65 and if it is just plain Cyclo, or if it just is soo very similiar to cyclo but has somekind of slight change.
Some say cyclo turns into TA-65 in the guts. which means one can't test cyclo on just T cells in a lab since the cyclo then is not processed in the guts... as this study tried

#1860 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Here are some quotes from Anthony in the Product B thread in regards to TA-65 that may shed some light...

But Andrews has gone on public record in the past and stated that Sierra Sciences has tested TA-65 and that it does very weakly activate telomerase in their fibroblast screens. (Despite his more recent ambiguous answers to this question.)

It's cycloastragenol that's in question here.
Despite the fact that they test out very close on mass spect, there still appear to be some important differences.

Waitaminute... cycloastragenol and TA65 show a difference on mass spec? As in they are not structurally identical? The RevGenetics analysis was HPLC, wasn't it? The physical form, micronized or not, shouldn't matter in either MS, LC, or cell based assays, since it will be put into solution, probably in DMSO, in preparation for any of these.

You got a point niner.

Lets remember, Dalton in Canada confirmed NMR cycloastragenol content data in astragalus samples we sent way back in 2008. They used (HPLC-ELSD, NMR and MS). This data was then sent to two labs... Intertek AACL and Chromadex. Samples of different cycloastragenol material, were then sent to these labs to verify accuracy of new testing HPLC methods created from the Dalton information. After it was established that accuracy was solid, we started using them exclusively to verify cycloastragenol in all products we manufactured.

So why is Dalton lab so important? TA Sciences used it to verify that TA-65 was not found in regular off-the-shelf astragalus supplements. You can then see why we used them in our initial investigation regarding astragalus.

This is ancient history for the most part. Most of this information was posted here a loooooooonngg time ago (January 2009 apparently):
http://www.longecity...post__p__289595

Cheers
A

Hi Debism63,

My company is the one who tested TA-65 and found that it was mostly Cyclo, but a few things:

1- We also found it that it behaves differently than plain old 99% pure cyclo. It actually behaves like when you micronize the astragalus powder. I suspect TA-65 has been processed in a way that is more absorbable than plain cyclo.
2- If you simply want cyclo, please do a quick google search.

I do suggest to stay away from companies based in china. Should something happen, and the product is not what they claim (or worse you suffer an adverse effect) then it would be very hard to sue them in court.

Try to order from a US based company that shows a lab test to confirm purity, or... order TA-65 and know that it is the one with the most studies to back it up.

Cheers
A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users