- - - - -

Any news on cryonics research fields?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:57 PM

Just wondering, as for some it might be the only chance =)

#2 jonano

• 472 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

there are many risks with cryonics, one is financial, stupidity, lack of progress, lack of money, lack of ethics.

Do you remember when Alcor got stolen? or when The Cryonics Institute surpassed the quantity of Alcor patients?

Will all companies in cryonics go bankrupt ? if not, how? why?

these are questions to be solved, to analyse, to think about for finally taking action.

--Jon

#3 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

There are many risks with cryonics, one is financial, stupidity, lack of progress, lack of money, lack of ethics.

That sounds very pessimistic. But I agree progress is very slow and the only way for cryonics to really take off and for it to really succeed, Alcor and such need to become privatized and go public on the stock market. This will encourage competition, investing and new companies to be formed. And if advertising is done right, more people will become interested in cryonics, this hopefully will get more university research teams motivated to do more research and hopefully more funding will begin to pour into the cryonics industry. Is cryonics ethical? I think that anything done in preserving and saving life is ethical.

Will all companies in cryonics go bankrupt ? if not, how? why?

Well so far there are only three official cryonic companies in the whole world. Alcor, The Cryonics Institute, and KrioRus. All of which are non-profit. So I doubt they will go bankrupt anytime soon. But law suits are made and if the directors of these companies do stupid things like you said, then it's possible. But I sure hope not.

I don't know much about what is happening in terms of research in the field of cryonics, but regardless of what is happening I think it's too slow.

But I agree, for some if not most people cryonics is their only hope. It might be our only hope too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users