Photo
- - - - -

Will it cause any harm to my health?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael78

• 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:30 AM

I always eat green apple 2 to 3 pieces everyday. Will it cause any harm to my health?
Since green apple contain PH higher than other type of apple, will it cause problem to my health or stomach?

Edited by Michael78, 24 January 2008 - 11:31 AM.

#2 Christopher5

• 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

Apples is used to treat many diseases and condition.Apples are one of the main fruits that people eat prior to a detox due to their gentle effect on the body. They contain pectin (which is often used in vegetarian jelly products) which is really good for the gut.

If you're eating a lot of apples, all I can suggest is buying organic and washing them well to make sure you're not eating a pesticide-flavoured apple.

(edited by Matthias: commercial link removed)

Edited by Matthias, 27 July 2008 - 08:53 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

Well, if you eat lots of fruits that contain high amounts of fructose (e.g. apples), you might want to check your insulin every now and then.
I'll quote rabagley on this one (from the "Optimal Nutrition" thread in the Nutrition forum):

High levels of dietary fructose (>20g/day) are implicated in high serum triglycerides, liver insulin resistance, and an unfavorable blood lipid profile (leads to the synthesis of IDL, which become the atherosclerotic "small, dense LDL particles"). A small amount per day won't cause any real issues, but be careful with how much non-berry fruits you consume. Also, starchy fruits, like mango, apple, and banana, have quite a bit of carbohydrates, more than most people think.

More about that in this thread

Edited by namingway, 25 January 2008 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users