Photo
- - - - -

processing speed-what to use?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spaceurchin

• 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

I have some minor learning disabilities, but the most problematic is my "slow processing speed", this is a big issue in college where I have so much reading to do. I am currently on piracetam, choline, gingko biloba (in greens+ powder), a multivitamin, OilSmart, and l-tyrosine, and while I definitely feel more put together and attentive in lectures, there has been little to no change in my reading/processing speed- I read the same paragraph over and over until it sinks in.
I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations or personal experience with any nootropics or other supplements that might help? I'd be grateful for any info.

Edited by spaceurchin, 24 January 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

Modafinil

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

Try this test: listen to same of your favourite music before taking modaf and while on modaf.

Suddenly the music is very 'slow'. I always found that interesting, and possible evidence that your processing speed has increased.

Certainly typing, writing, and mathematical thinking are all enhanced. Unfortunately verbal/conversational skills are not - they go out the window.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Maybe you don't need nootropics, but better study skills. Try reading aloud. I know of a few people that do this with almost everything they read. Also, it's not uncommon for many people to need to read something over and over again, so I wouldn't get too hung up on that.

Are you exercising? Do you have a consistent sleep schedule? Do you do enough things to reduce stress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users