• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Minimizing negative cognitive effects of canibus?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LIB

• 232 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:23 AM

I enjoy some canibus now and then. I'm aware, and experience the negative cognitive effcts through memory/brain fog and motivation. What are are ways to minimize this the next day? I've really tried to do my own research online but havn't come across anything too promising. I've read melatonin helps, which I take anyway.

#2 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:58 PM

I enjoy some canibus now and then. I'm aware, and experience the negative cognitive effcts through memory/brain fog and motivation. What are are ways to minimize this the next day? I've really tried to do my own research online but havn't come across anything too promising. I've read melatonin helps, which I take anyway.

Some say that Piracetam helps. I don't know if it's true.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:04 AM

How about don't smoke pot at all? Seems like a good good idea from the research I have read. Although there are some debatable minor benefits the over all effect of smoking pot is not pro life extension, long term memory issues, not to mention the delivery system "smoke and tar" is probably not the best thing to ensure a long life. I mean if you are seriously worrying about minimizing the harm of occasional pot smoking then maybe just not doing it makes sense.

.... Awaiting the flurry of responses from those who just can't drop their habit

#4 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

If you truthfully did enjoy cannibus every now and then you wouldn't be asking the question. using cannibus every now and then does not generally result in any type of significant negative effect.

So what are we talking about here LIB? How often are you using?

Let's talk dose and frequency? are you smoking 1 joint a week. Sharing a joint a week. Perhaps a couple of tokes before bed every night? Binge smoking? a cone a day keeps the doctor away? What?

Edited by zoolander, 27 January 2008 - 03:36 AM.

#5 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:10 AM

I think it is too late, you can't even spell it.

#6 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:18 AM

think i read somewhere that smoking a little bit of calamus root with the pot will prevent the cognitive damage being done. i prefer the runner's high.

#7 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

If you truthfully did enjoy cannibus every now and then you wouldn't be asking the question. using cannibus every now and then does not generally result in any type of significant negative effect.

So what are we talking about here LIB? How often are you using?

Let's talk dose and frequency? are you smoking 1 joint a week. Sharing a joint a week. Perhaps a couple of tokes before bed every night? Binge smoking? a cone a day keeps the doctor away? What?

He talks about the "next day" brain fog. I do experience it too even if I smoke only once a month. Memory seems the most affected.

#8 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

Do you smoke cigarettes jackinthebox?

If so then perhaps you should consider either eating the cannibus in cookies or vaporizing

#9 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Don't inhale. Works wonders for some!

Seriously, why not substitute vigorous exercise for the dope? Has a calming effect just like pot, but actually increases mental acuity and motivation. And no munchies...

#10 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

Canubis is a mild psychedelic so I don't think that exercise/endorphins get you into the same place. Of course exercising is a lot healthier and more productive activity...

#11 sUper GeNius

• 1,501 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

Canubis is a mild psychedelic so I don't think that exercise/endorphins get you into the same place. Of course exercising is a lot healthier and more productive activity...

Depends. Let yourself get nice and dehydrated, and I think you'll see God...

:))

#12 m314

• 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

Piracetam helps some. It doesn't just help the next day; it can also make the overall experience of the high seem more clear and lucid. Nothing I've tried completely eliminates the next day memory / brain fog side effects, though. My solution is to only get high every once in a while, and never when I have something important to do the next day.

Others have pointed out the potential safety issues associated with smoking. I actually prefer eating or drinking it, having acquired various cannabis food and drink recipes over the years. Oral consumption will make the next day effects a little worse, though, due to the longer duration of the high. If you're worried about not being on top of your game the next day, smoking or vaporizing is the way to go. Smoking top-quality cannabis (so you only need one hit) every once in a while isn't nearly as dangerous as smoking tobacco every day.

#13 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

This might help formulate your answer:

http://www.scienceda...80123104017.htm

#14 happy

• 103 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

I use an organic tincture when I use cannabis, and would like but costs prohibit the purchase of a vaporizer to reduce the negative effects of inhaling smoke. I believe there are a lot of benefits from endocannabinoids, but most of the negatives from marijuana are from the smoke. Personally, I only medicate with organic herb on the weekends and I never get "stoned" rather "mellow".

During the week I use the following nootropics that I believe have helped me avoid and suppress any negative associations from cannabis (cognitive lapses, memory impairment etc.)

Deprenyl
Piracetam
ALCAR
ALA
Rhodiola Rosea
Resveratrol
Taurine
AlphaGPC

and in the evenings:

Bacopa
Ashwagandha

Edited by happy, 28 January 2008 - 11:50 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 VampIyer

• 204 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:20 AM

Vasopressin... perhaps you won't forget how to spell!

Theraputic use helps.

Use only as much as is needed to sedate/uplift your spirits.

Indica strains will generally leave you couch-locked. Sativa strains may be a bit more uppity. Choose a hybrid for a bit of both.

A bunch of Fish Oil + Chocamine + Hoodia or xylitol to curb the munchies. After a certain point you'll just become a black hole though...which is probably how Controlled Labs named their "Black Hole" appetite enhancer - they must have some personal experience.

For a vaporizer: The best vaporizer is a DIY one. Use a high quality digitally-controlled heat gun and then choose the attachments you want. You can use the bag attachment (a la volcano), or you can use a tube and pass through a water-bong for further sediment removal.

http://www.steinel.n...eatgun_kits.cfm - steinel puts the volcano to shame. Do some googling on the diy plans I guess.

I figure I'm not out of line because the topic was already broached, but if I've been too specific about anything then let me know.

Note: I'm an expert, but my urine is clean ;)
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users