Photo
- - - - -

brentx's regimen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brentx

• 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

Here are my social, diet, exercise, skin, and nootropic regimens. I'm not especially after a critique, just looking for a place to get it all down where it can't be deleted to easily, and obviously it may help some new people someday.

The overall goal is to improve and optimise my body and mind without relying heavily on supplements. I want to focus mostly on lifestyle (diet, exercise, social aspects, etc..), but hope to create a small arsenal of supplements (noots and others) to give me a mental edge, and to provide essential nutrients that may be difficult to get from food sources alone. Hopefully I can get into a relatively easy swing, not going too overboard with things.

Social - Not really a regimen, but important!

I drink and party like any other 22 year old. I aim to keep very social, perhaps even join a few groups like a language or political organisation. I've really got to get away from the computer and look for a better job!

Diet - Weight Gain

Meats - Chicken, Tuna, Lean Beef, Pork, Bacon, Dried Meats (not overly concerned about saturated fats)
Vegetables - Lettuce, Capsicum, Carrot, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Onion, Ginger (consumed fresh when possible)
Fruits - Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Pears, Pineapples (all fresh)
Others - Cereals, Breads, Pasta, Rice, Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Flax Oil, Nuts

I aim to eat at least 6 meals a day, consisting of various foods to help me bulk. I aim for high calorie intake. Protein and Carbs are essential. I will use Whey Protein shakes to add extra nutrients for bulking. The aim here is balance (no meat without vegies, etc..).

Exercise - Cardio & Bulking

Monday: AM - Cardio, PM - Chest & Triceps
Tuesday: AM - Cardio, PM - Back & Biceps
Wednesday: AM - Cardio, PM - OFF
Thursday: AM - Cardio, PM - Legs & Shoulders
Friday: AM - Cardio, PM - Biceps & Triceps

Abs are to be done after every PM exercise.. Aim is to bulk up, especially the arms!

Skin - STAY YOUNG!

Simple.. I use Lush's Coalface soap everyday, which keeps the spots away, and I moisturise with Der Bewegte Mann (which is called Cosmetic Lad back in Australia). Palmer's Cocoa Butter is great for the body, even though it's full of chemicals (since when do chemicals HURT.!?), haha!

Nootropics - The Edge

I'll have to experiment with dosages..

Piracetam
Alpha-GPC
Choline Citrate
Deprenyl

That's all! It's meant to be small! Green and White Teas are also important, and I drink these like I drink water!

Hopefully this is a good start! If anyone can find anything wrong with this, please let me know, especially if you see anything UNHEALTHY that may kill me!

THANKYOU!

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:33 AM

I drink and party like any other 22 year old. I aim to keep very social, perhaps even join a few groups like a language or political organisation. I've really got to get away from the computer and look for a better job!
Meats - Chicken, Tuna, Lean Beef, Pork, Bacon, Dried Meats (not overly concerned about saturated fats)
Vegetables - Lettuce, Capsicum, Carrot, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Onion, Ginger (consumed fresh when possible)
Hopefully this is a good start! If anyone can find anything wrong with this, please let me know, especially if you see anything UNHEALTHY that may kill me!

1) Bacon and partying like a 22 year old don't sound healthy, but you probably already knew that.
2) I wouldn't limit myself to the foods on the list (plenty of other good fruits and veggies). The cereals, breads, and pasta should be whole grain.
3) I found olive oil very useful when I was doing the bulking up bit in the past. High in monosaturated fat which boost testosterone naturally and packs on the calories (and is healthy).
4) Plain old Creatine monohydrate is a good supplement to add and is dirt cheap (just don't overdue it).
5) You can save the whey protein for pre and post workout when you want your protein to be assimilated quickly. Other times you are better off getting your protein from "real food" so you get a sustained release of aminos.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 synaesthetic

• 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

If you are drinking I highly recommend that you look into glutathione boosting / alcohol damage controlling supplements, you want to minimize brain cell death!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brentx

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

1) Bacon and partying like a 22 year old don't sound healthy, but you probably already knew that.
2) I wouldn't limit myself to the foods on the list (plenty of other good fruits and veggies). The cereals, breads, and pasta should be whole grain.
3) I found olive oil very useful when I was doing the bulking up bit in the past. High in monosaturated fat which boost testosterone naturally and packs on the calories (and is healthy).
4) Plain old Creatine monohydrate is a good supplement to add and is dirt cheap (just don't overdue it).
5) You can save the whey protein for pre and post workout when you want your protein to be assimilated quickly. Other times you are better off getting your protein from "real food" so you get a sustained release of aminos.

Yeah, at the moment I'm not thinking about giving up parties and bacon.. Having said that, I don't take drugs, I'm skinny as anything, and I rarely "overdo" it on the alcohol ;-)

Thanks a lot for the adive, I'll take a good look into creatine!

If you are drinking I highly recommend that you look into glutathione boosting / alcohol damage controlling supplements, you want to minimize brain cell death!

Interesting.. Something like L-Cysteine?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users