• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

From an Alcor Member:

"Dear Cryonics Member,

My husband and I just moved to Portland, Oregon, and have created the Cryonics Oregon Meetup Group, which can be found at Facebook.com. If you do not have a Facebook account already, now is the time to create one! Just go to facebook.com, create an account, and visit the following URL to join this group:

http://www.facebook....gid=13212075469

In the future we will also create a web page for the Cryonics Oregon Meetup Group for people who do not have Facebook accounts, but for the time being this is the best free tool we have for organizing activities and events. If you prefer not to have a Facebook account please email me through the contact page at the website listed below (Depressed Metabolism) and I will keep you up to date by email.

Please do not hesitate to email me with any suggestions for our first meeting (time, place, activities, people, etc.). We look forward to getting to know everyone and creating a strong and sustainable infrastructure for cryonics in Oregon! Of course, cryonics members (or potential members) of neighboring states are welcome as well.

Please visit our blog as well at http://www.depressedmetabolism.com.

Chana de Wolf"

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

I received this today from Chana, who asked that I share it as well--hope some here will be able to attend, I lived in Eugene for a decade, visited Portland about once a month and love it! If I'm back visiting, I'll have to make one of the Oregon meet-ups, I sent the info to one cryonicst friend I know in Portland already. If you know anyone in Portland please feel free to copy and send it to them:

"Hello everyone,

Based on responses to yesterday's request, it seems that the best date and time for our first Cryonics Oregon Meetup is March 1, 2008, at noon.

The time is early enough for those who need to leave early to do so, but if you would like to stay after the meeting and go out with us to an early dinner, please plan on it! Unless a majority of people who have not already responded prefer a different date, please go ahead and mark your calendars for the above date and time.

Meeting place:

10th @ Hoyt Apartments
925 NW Hoyt Street, #411
Portland, OR 97209

Please use the call box out front to find my name and I will buzz you in.

At this meeting we will discuss what kind of documents you can and/or should have in place besides your cryonics paperwork in order to ensure that your cryonics arrangements and personal affairs are in good order. Too many people put this off or never look into it at all, and there are a lot of helpful services and documents online that can make this almost painless. Bring your own personal knowledge or your questions concerning such matters to the table and we'll all be the better off for it!

Naturally, because this is our first meeting, we will also discuss what we will do in future meetings and how to go about building a sustainable infrastructure for cryonics in Oregon.

I apologize if Facebook has been confusing or difficult to deal with -- I am investigating a more elegant means of communication amongst members, but the better services typically cost a pretty decent chunk of change.

Please always feel free to contact me personally via email at chana.de.wolf@gmail.com.

Thank you,
Chana de Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users