• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Provigil migraine, how can I relieve it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 argentina20

• 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hi! I am a 20-year-old college student, holding two jobs, and a on and off user of Provigil.

The first time I took it, it worked wonders! I remember being able to focus on all of my tasks and I got a great deal of school work done in one sitting.

However, I began experiencing some strong migraines lately and I decided to discontinue it.

I noticed that on the day that I had the migraine, I decided not to have my habitual morninig coffee and saw a link with the migraine.

Is it harmful to have coffee, one or two cups, while on 200 mg Provigil daily??

I looove coffee!!!! But I need the Provigil as well. Is there anything I can do to relieve the severe migraines I get when I skip the coffee???

#2 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

Take a look at your coffee consumption as I think that is the key to your migraine not the Provigil. I used to drink a lot of coffee but realized fairly quickly that caffeine is a pretty potent drug and that varying your consumption of it on a daily basis is asking for headaches, mood issues and adrenal fatigue.

I do "take" caffeine but in supplements like cocoa, chocamine, green tea etc. at consistent doses every day and I never have headaches.

If you wanted to continue your coffee drinking sanely then you would need to drink the same amount every day at the same times preferably the same brand brewed in the same way so as to get a consistent dose of caffeine. Either that or drink decaf (better called low-caf) and supplement caffeine so you can control the dosage.

I wouldn't take more than 100 mg of Modafinil at a time unless you actually have a medical diagnosis (Narcolepsy, ADHD, perhaps depression etc.).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 happy

• 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

HEH. I used to drink 5-10 cups of chai/green tea a day (~200mg-300mg caffeine per day - 8-10oz of Coffee is 300-500mg caffeine)

But the first time I took 50mg of Provigil, the need for caffeine and urge to drink caffeine disappeared.

When I take the two together, I notice it ramps up the "stimulant" properties of Provigil and the effect is too pronounced.

Lately, I've cut my caffeine consumption way back because of this and because of the benefits of green tea I've cut my Provigil intake to only 25mg/day with a few cups of green tea throughout the day.

#4 luminous

• 269 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hi! I am a 20-year-old college student, holding two jobs, and a on and off user of Provigil.

The first time I took it, it worked wonders! I remember being able to focus on all of my tasks and I got a great deal of school work done in one sitting.

However, I began experiencing some strong migraines lately and I decided to discontinue it.

I noticed that on the day that I had the migraine, I decided not to have my habitual morninig coffee and saw a link with the migraine.

Is it harmful to have coffee, one or two cups, while on 200 mg Provigil daily??

I looove coffee!!!! But I need the Provigil as well. Is there anything I can do to relieve the severe migraines I get when I skip the coffee???

Headache is a common reaction to Provigil. I drink all kinds of coffee and tea and used to take Provigil daily. I had no issues using caffeine on top of Provigil, though I did experience heachaches even without the caffeine. The Provigil had a wondrous effect at first--I got so much done and had so much energy, it was amazing. However, I was also getting sharp headaches about 1/2 hour after taking it. These headaches would last anywhere from an hour to the whole day. The headaches tapered off as time went on...but so did the great effects from the Provigil. After about three months, I could take the maximum dose of Provigil and then literally go right to sleep, no problem. It totally lost its effect for me. Nowadays, I only take it once in a while, when I'm especially tired at the start of the day. I never get the headaches any more. And I still drink a few cups of coffee and/or tea at the same time.

#5 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:13 PM

Ibuprofen usually helped whenever I had a headache that seemed to be associated with taking modafinil/provigil (I assume the problem has something to do with increased inflammation).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Will76

• 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Possible food and drug interactions when taking Provigil

The effect of combining Provigil with alcohol has not been studied. It's considered wise to avoid alcohol while taking the drug.

If Provigil is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Provigil with any of the following:

Antidepressants
Carbamazepine
Clomipramine
Cyclosporine
Diazepam
Itraconazole
Ketoconazole
MAO inhibitors such as antidepressants
Methylphenidate
Oral contraceptives and hormonal implants
Phenobarbital
Phenytoin
Propranolol
Rifampin
Theophylline
Warfarin

Please note some people who use Provigil for a long time may develop a need to continue taking it. People who take high doses are also at risk. This is known as DEPENDENCE or addiction. If you stop taking Provigil suddenly, you may have WITHDRAWAL symptoms. These may include sleepiness. It would be better to consult with your doctor or pharmacist.

Take care! :)
  • dislike x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users