• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Methuselah Foundation Wants: 3D Virtual Reality Developer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:41 AM

I wonder if some of the imminst programmers/computers students could team up for the task?

http://www.methusela...detaildisplay=Y

Need committed and experienced C/C++ Visual Studio 2005 volunteer developer to do the following task:

- Create a simple 3D model of a boardroom (with 6 chairs, a table, and a whiteboard) using a light-weight 3D toolkit
- Create avatars (sitting in the chairs) with fully articulatable virtual necks. Able to direct the head direction via a mouse.
- The avatar's face is a video texture (supplied to you via a shared memory buffer).
- The boardroom whiteboard is a video texture (supplied for you via shared memory buffer)
- The avatar supports spatial audio, in that if an avatar on your left speaks, the sound appears to come from your left.

The overall executable must be small and does not have any external dependencies.

Volunteer must have extensive experience with 3D toolkits and have done something like this before. The task does not require any videoconferencing experience, the videoconferencing module is supplied for you. The volunteer must interface his/her system with the supplied videoconferencing software via a shared memory buffer interface.

Please contact us at main@mfoundation.org

#2 Bram

• Guest, F@H
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for bringing that up here, hadn't noticed the request at their blog. I've offered my skills to them so we'll see where it goes :).

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users