Photo
- - - - -

Cacao amplifies noottropics?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

My current regimen: Cacao powder (raw I guess) 2 tablespoons up to three times daily (in warm water NOT milk), two cups of coffee, Rhodiola rosea twice daily (arctic root) and Piracetam 3-4 grams divided in two doses.
Since adding the cacao I had incredible results (re-started piracetam at the same time) but it was somewhat unpleasant to begin with. For the first 5-6 days I became hyperaggressive against everything in my environment. I´ve never talked back to anyone in my workplace but during this initial phase I could have assaulted my co-workers and my customers. Never experienced a rage that intense before. Quite liberating and frightening
After that initial phase things turned very quickly and I started to really like people and get comfortable around them. My mood has skyrocketed and I can´t stop smiling even when looking at complete strangers. Piracetam effects also seem to be enhanced by adding cocoa (or perhaps effects just add up).
Vast improvements in mood and confidence!
Best of all... Cacao is really healthy too, but you people probably already knew that ;)

#2 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

yeah, cocoa is treating me nice also, - although I like to take breaks from it. For whatever reason, cocoa initially made me tired, but now I get the world famous mood boost when I take it (a tablespoon in a shake, or just with plain soy milk).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lyosha

• 21 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

initial rage is due to the lack of choline supplementation.

My current regimen: Cacao powder (raw I guess) 2 tablespoons up to three times daily (in warm water NOT milk), two cups of coffee, Rhodiola rosea twice daily (arctic root) and Piracetam 3-4 grams divided in two doses.
Since adding the cacao I had incredible results (re-started piracetam at the same time) but it was somewhat unpleasant to begin with. For the first 5-6 days I became hyperaggressive against everything in my environment. I´ve never talked back to anyone in my workplace but during this initial phase I could have assaulted my co-workers and my customers. Never experienced a rage that intense before. Quite liberating and frightening
After that initial phase things turned very quickly and I started to really like people and get comfortable around them. My mood has skyrocketed and I can´t stop smiling even when looking at complete strangers. Piracetam effects also seem to be enhanced by adding cocoa (or perhaps effects just add up).
Best of all... Cacao is really healthy too, but you people probably already knew that ;)

#4 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

Chocamine boost my energy and confidence for about 2 hours. I feel grrrreaaat for those two hours and then I crash and get very tired.

#5 Yearningforyears

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

[quote name='lyosha' date='5-Mar 2008, 03:26 AM' post='227226']
initial rage is due to the lack of choline supplementation.

The odd thing is that I´ve never had that reaction before. For a long time I used both piracetam and at least one gram aniracetam daily, but aggression was never an issue back then. What happened instead was fast sedation after dosing with aniracetam, If using piracetam as well (not necessarily at the same time though).
Rhodiola is not a new substance for me either, but maaaybe something is potentiating the cocoa?
I mean... man! I´ve never felt this good in my whole life. Has been going on for seven days now (not counting the aggression phase which lasted 5 days someting, with initial sadness for two days.)
Doesn´t it all look somewhat similar to observed behavior in subjects, who start using anti-depressants and get worse during the first week?
I just like people a lot now and don´t feel uncomfortable / stared at among them anymore. Most of them feel nice to be around in fact.
What does it all mean... Is this the cure? ;)

#6 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:11 AM

Best of all... Cacao is really healthy too, but you people probably already knew that :)

2 tablespoons up to three times daily ? I take one teaspoon. I guess I am not taking enough. Chocolate stimulates
me much more than coffee. I guess it is due to the PEA ? Unless someone else can shed some light on this.
What brand or kind do you take by the way ?

#7 Yearningforyears

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

2 tablespoons up to three times daily ? I take one teaspoon. I guess I am not taking enough. Chocolate stimulates
me much more than coffee. I guess it is due to the PEA ? Unless someone else can shed some light on this.
What brand or kind do you take by the way ?

[/quote]

Either you take too little, or I´m taking way too much (if there is such a thing). Mood is still going on like crazy. I´m literally in love with life.
Other substances tested for periods of time: Damiana, kratom, kava, sceletium, fish oil, 5-htp, sam-e, st johns wort (this and sam-e i used for a long time, but results are nothing much in comparison. Sam-e made me quite agitated every now and then), catnip, valerian, blue lotus and well.... Many things (legal things) =).
Current combo is what rocks my world.
Brand of the cocoa powder is fazer (Every swedish citizen can get it at their local grocery store) and the price is about 4 bucks (roughly calculated) for about 400 grams). Purity is said to be 99,99 %, but it´s unclear to me if the company includes cocoa butter in this figure. Might as well take loads and loads of it, since it´s so cheap anyway. ( I ingest the cocoa by making a warm water infusion)
I haven´t tried rhodiola by another brand than "arctic root". By itself it made me very energetic (sometimes more and sometimes less). After adding cocoa to the mix there was magic :) (forgot to mention piracetam 3-4 grams daily).
Would be cool if this was the new "psychocillin" :~

Have a nice evening immortals!

#8 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

Either you take too little, or I´m taking way too much (if there is such a thing). Mood is still going on like crazy. I´m literally in love with life.
Other substances tested for periods of time: Damiana, kratom, kava, sceletium, fish oil, 5-htp, sam-e, st johns wort (this and sam-e i used for a long time, but results are nothing much in comparison. Sam-e made me quite agitated every now and then), catnip, valerian, blue lotus and well.... Many things (legal things) =).
Current combo is what rocks my world.
Brand of the cocoa powder is fazer (Every swedish citizen can get it at their local grocery store) and the price is about 4 bucks (roughly calculated) for about 400 grams). Purity is said to be 99,99 %, but it´s unclear to me if the company includes cocoa butter in this figure. Might as well take loads and loads of it, since it´s so cheap anyway. ( I ingest the cocoa by making a warm water infusion)
I haven´t tried rhodiola by another brand than "arctic root". By itself it made me very energetic (sometimes more and sometimes less). After adding cocoa to the mix there was magic :) (forgot to mention piracetam 3-4 grams daily).
Would be cool if this was the new "psychocillin" :~

Have a nice evening immortals!

Do you think that it is the Phenylethylamine in the cocoa that is giving you this effect ? You did mention the "love" word :)

Possibly there is some sort of PEA amplification due to your combo ?

Sustained antidepressant effect of PEA replacement
by
Sabelli H; Fink P; Fawcett J; Tom C
Rush University and the Center for
Creative Development, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci, 1996 Spr, 8:2, 168-71

ABSTRACT

Phenylethylamine (PEA), an endogenous neuroamine, increases attention and activity in animals and has been shown to relieve depression in 60% of depressed patients. It has been proposed that PEA deficit may be the cause of a common form of depressive illness. Fourteen patients with major depressive episodes that responded to PEA treatment (10-60 mg orally per day, with 10 mg/day selegiline to prevent rapid PEA destruction) were reexamined 20 to 50 weeks later. The antidepressant response had been maintained in 12 patients. Effective dosage did not change with time. There were no apparent side effects. PEA produces sustained relief of depression in a significant number of patients, including some unresponsive to the standard treatments. PEA improves mood as rapidly as amphetamine but does not produce tolerance.

I do have a problem with this study using selegiline as it certainly could pollute the study but
it does point to an antidepressant effect from PEA.

#9 graatch

• 390 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:59 AM

Evidence points to the selegiline is what makes it work -- PEA is destroyed in minutes by MAO-B and never reaches significant blood levels -- unless MAO-B is gone.

Chocolate contains a very wide range of alkaloids.

Nick, have you experienced moods like this before?

#10 Yearningforyears

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Very interesting study to read.
Someone asked if I´ve ever experienced this mood before. Well the answer is "kind of", two times before when I thought my (assumed) depression was cured. Symptoms of sadness such as spontaneous crying, distrupted thinking and general fatigue got better, but my perception of the world remained unchanged.
The past year or so has been filled with particulary intense mood swings, but they´ve never felt very good although I´m much rather in the "I am invincible"- mood than the "kill me now please".
So ok... Looking back to the start of this pleasant "voyage" I think my illness was a mesh of: (funny how everyone with internet is a psychiatrist today hehe)
Social phobia, slightly schizoid / paranoid / delusional, bipolar, depressed, OCD... Guess that was all!
I´m very impressed how well I managed to hide all this from my friends and family. On the other hand I´ve never really learnt to know very many people coming into my life after high school (that way it´s easy to "act" in already preset familiar patterns. know what I mean?). I could make this a sad biography but there really is no point.
The world is such a beautiful place and sure I´ve missed a lot of things when I was sick, but now is the chance of taking it back and re-discover the world :D
To cope or hope? The latter is so much better.

Don´t forget to drink your cocoa now =)
If it doesn´t help your mind, at least the heart will benefit.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Yearningforyears

• Topic Starter
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users