Photo
- - - - -

Vitamins said to shorten life span by 5%

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pumpedmike

• 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

In an article, vatamins can shorten your life span by 5% what do u think about this?

#2 s123

• Director
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

In an article, vatamins can shorten your life span by 5% what do u think about this?

Article?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Article?

This article brought to you by Big Pharma.

#4 pumpedmike

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Article?

ill get the link in a second...but do you think its true..i think its BS

#5 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

Article?

ill get the link in a second...but do you think its true..i think its BS

Of course it's not true.

#6 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

What specific vitamins? What context? Consider:

"Ingested substances can shorten your lifespan."

True or False?

#7 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

Sick people are also more likely to supplement.

#8 pumpedmike

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...,138184,00.html

sorry didnt post the link before.

I think its like with anything. anything too good can have a bad effect. overdosing on supplements evidently can be harmful to your health. however following the recomended doses will most likely have a great health benefits.

#9 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

Like I said in the other post:

I read the alpha form was the only one used.

Possible reasons for these results:

1. use of synthetic vitamin E (dl).

2. Use in combination with soy oil, which can be very estrogenic... cancers like estrogen.

3. High dose alpha lowers gamma levels in the body. We all know you need to have all 8 members of the vitamin E family for full protection without risks. Where are the tocotrienols... potent anti-cancer properties..

4. 400mg is quite a high dose... 400 X 1.5 = 600mg, which will lower the other gamma in the body. Overcome this problem easily by supplementing with a 2:1 dose of gamma E to Alpha E. And stay in the 100-400IU range.

#10 ironchet

• 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I think its like with anything. anything too good can have a bad effect. overdosing on supplements evidently can be harmful to your health. however following the recomended doses will most likely have a great health benefits.

Fox News

We distort
You decide

LOL

#11 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:39 AM

Fox News

We distort
You decide

LOL

Lawlerskates...
not rly.

#12 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:07 AM

Don't you know your post is viral marketing!? I'm not even gonna bother tearing that statement apart untill you show some proof. On a side note they are several books and studies showing the harmful effects of vitamin supplements while others show benefits. As a whole I think the closer the vitamin is to its natural state the better.

#13 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Fox News

We distort
You decide

LOL

Lawlerskates...
not rly.

If you honestly think Fox is fair and balanced, then let me refer you to the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

"YA RLY"

Edited by dannov, 06 March 2008 - 03:11 PM.

#14 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

Fox News

We distort
You decide

LOL

Lawlerskates...
not rly.

If you honestly think Fox is fair and balanced, then let me refer you to the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

"YA RLY"

Hi Dan,

Give us an example of a fair and balanced news network.

Thanks,

-Brian

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

Fox News

We distort
You decide

LOL

Lawlerskates...
not rly.

"YA RLY"

Hi Dan,

Give us an example of a fair and balanced news network.

Thanks,

-Brian

What's your thesis here, that "all news networks are the same"?

#16 pro-d

• 117 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:34 PM

One study, in the journal Circulation, found that those with low vitamin D status had a 62-per-cent increased risk of heart failure. Another, published in Archives of Internal Medicine, found that those who take vitamin D supplements cut mortality risk by 7 per cent. A third report, by scientists at the U.S. National Cancer Institute, found that, while vitamin D didn't affect overall cancer-death risk, those with relatively high levels of it in their blood had a 72-per-cent lower risk of dying from colorectal cancer.

http://www.theglobea...pageRequested=2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:16 PM

Want an example? Basic Media, Inc., a product of the Ron Paul Revolution. It's in it's very early stages, but the idea is to create a fair and balanced network devoid of special interest. But currently existing? None. Fox is just especially bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users