• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 InquilineKea

• 773 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:53 PM

Point in view:

Substance A reduces blood glucose
Substance B reduces blood glucose
Substance A and B combined produce net increase in blood glucose (perhaps due to interference or some negative synergistic effect).

I'm just wondering about this as I'm now taking several substances to reduce blood glucose levels (cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, etc etc etc). On the other hand I also practice some habits that may increase them (I oftentimes need caffeine in order to stay up late in order to finish school assignments). So...

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

Point in view:

Substance A reduces blood glucose
Substance B reduces blood glucose
Substance A and B combined produce net increase in blood glucose (perhaps due to interference or some negative synergistic effect).

I'm just wondering about this as I'm now taking several substances to reduce blood glucose levels (cinnamon, apple cider vinegar, etc etc etc). On the other hand I also practice some habits that may increase them (I oftentimes need caffeine in order to stay up late in order to finish school assignments). So...

Sure, synergistic effects are possible, in theory. I doubt that you are going to see anything that goes beyond a simple additive effect with cinnamon and apple cider vinegar. If you take enough stuff, you could get into a situation where one compound potentiated the effects of the other because one was inhibiting the metabolism of the other, or altering its absorption.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users