• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Devil's Advocate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sophianic

• Guest Immortality
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:18 PM

"Le petit mort. The French really do have a way with words. You know, I thought I had died and gone to heaven after my first time with her. The experience was glorious, of course. That really does go without saying, but I'll say it again, if only to satisfy my penchant for perversity: yes, it was simply glorious. And I certainly wanted more where that came from. In fact, if I had my way, I would take her for a ride every day and night for as long as I lived. Oh yes, it was that pleasurable. There was something awfully wonderful about getting downright primitive with her. It's no secret, really. I do so love the look, the smell, the taste and feel of her ~ you know, the feral look in her eyes when she takes her mount; the smell of her when the beads of sweat form on her glistening, olive-colored skin; the taste of her when she lowers her rosebuds to my quivering lips; and the feel of her wet, silky treasure when it dares to encircle, engulf and clutch my dripping, raging manhood. And when it all ends in a quaking, unbearable climax of promethean proportions, I am left feeling at one with the world; all the while, she looks down at me expectantly, knowingly, almost mockingly. Oh goddess, how I wish I had your endurance! I gaze sleepily at her, wanting to please her all the more, but feeling like I cannot move a single inch, feeling like I want to stay this way forever: utterly blissed out, unmoving, uncaring. Who ever said that death was such a bad thing? Can you imagine? The Grim Reaper is now not looking so grim. What strange irony. If heaven is anything like this, who needs the vicissitudes of life on earth? I am quite content to lie here forever, gazing up and into her jewels for eyes. She traces a line with her fingertip down the bridge of my nose and pops a seedless grape into my mouth. I take it and penetrate it with my incisors and squeeze my eyes shut in utter delight after it explodes in my mouth. I smile, chew at my leisure, swallow softly, open my eyes and tell her how beautiful she is. Her eyes communicate gladness and she lowers her silken body onto mine, trapping me into a sweet surrender, and I fall headlong into a state of oblivion from which I may never recover. The French really do have a way with words, don't they."

Devil's Advocate
A Perspective on Hedonism

Bonus: The Art of Sex, An Essay by David Steinberg

#2 Utnapishtim

• 219 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:27 PM

Hmm...
Erotica on imminst...

Not quite sure I see the connection or purpose of this.

#3 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:49 PM

Heh..

Quite relevant, people are in search of escape of our physical limitations and indulging in the biological imperative to procreate that our has brought such 'bliss' serves that purpose...but as any familiar with it's fruits can attest, physical satiation is but a temporary reprieve. Like any other activity which stimulates the pleasure centers of our brain, food, sex, sneezing and drugs among just a few, we can indulge the physical but are ultimately left wanting more... and more cannot be had in our current form.

The act of creation in an artist, musicians and vocalists, has been shown to stimulate similar centers in the brain as sex and food. Why? Why does the process of creation allow us to indulge in the 'loss of individuality' and the feeling that we are subsumed, if only for a short time, into something larger than ourselves. We are born some think, as outgrowths of a whole, and spend our lives in search of ways to return.

Perhaps in the act of creation we validate our existence and establish a connection which provides sustenance to that from which we have come. When we create biologically through procreation we certainly accomplish some evolutionary purpose and to this imperative the maintenace of our soma and its duplication hedonism speaks. I wonder as well if through the creation of the more abstract works of our hands and minds we serve a similar need, if one whose purpose is not so obvious, but perhaps more important..

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Sophianic

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Immortality
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 01:43 PM

I am so far pleased with the thoughtful response to my post, both public and private. Will reply soon ...

#5 Sophianic

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Immortality
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 10:53 PM

What is pleasurable and desirable in the quest for immortality? Indeed, what is responsible and justifiable in terms of pleasure and desire, in the the quest for immortality?

We can explore these questions in reference to the personal, the interpersonal and the social, but in the coming decades, we may also be able to explore these questions in the context of ...

(1) agelessness (in contrast to aging)
(2) virtuality (in contrast to reality), and
(3) artificiality (in contrast to biology)

The intensely erotic scene that I described was not meant to titillate, but to provoke thought and feeling about how it fits into our quest for immortality. That scene could very well take place in an ageless society; in a virtual environment; or with a synthetic person. Consequences?

Think about it. Together, forever, just might take on a whole new meaning.

And what do we do in the meantime with our more intense pleasures and desires? How much would it mean to us to abstain from them now so that we can put our energies into bringing us closer to the prospect of immortality, sooner rather than later?

Could the chaste, virginal, celibate and asexual among us be poised to attract and experience ever more subtle but exquisite pleasures in the future by "virtue" of their abstinence? Or could they be missing out on some of the most wonderful experiences that life has to offer?

Lots to think about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users