- - - - -

I'm new....Supplement rotation?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisalias

• 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hello all, I'm brand new here.

Found this site while searching the web for health related items a while ago...threw it in my favorites and have periodically checked in for a brief look over the past couple of years.
Today I finally took the plunge and signed up.

I have a question...I noticed that some people take there supplements in rotation...usually 5 days on then 2 off....weekends I assume.
I had always taken my supps 365 days a year but I had wondered about that approach....

other thoughts I had were along the lines of too much supplementation being a bad thing...for instance, Melatonin - taking it everyday....will that cause your body to quit producing its own Melatonin?...ETC.. Just thoughts that I've had

So I would like to hear more about the supplementing 365x or 5 days on 2 off approach.

In addition, since I am new I have no idea who are some of the more astute posters...many boards have their gurus and usually their clowns as well(hopefully not too many clowns here)....but I 'd appreciate a steer in the right direction.

Thanks
Chris

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

Hi chrisalias! I don't know much about supplements but i can tell you about some members that are in my "black list";
This is not appropriate behavior.

These are the ones that came to my mind now, and i may have forgotten one or two...

Ok i found this post and opportunity very refreshing; nothing like receiving the opportunity to speak whatever you want about others ;)

Edited by shepard, 05 April 2008 - 08:44 PM.
Removed list of names

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Chrisalias, welcome to ImmInst.

In addition, since I am new I have no idea who are some of the more astute posters...many boards have their gurus and usually their clowns as well(hopefully not too many clowns here)....but I 'd appreciate a steer in the right direction.

We don't have any gurus here. No poster should be viewed as superior to another. These forums are nothing more than an informal place for like-minded people to discuss certain topics, and the burden of research falls on you.

#4 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:03 AM

I didn't agree with the edit as i don't think that i crossed any border. If there are annoying people (and many people here consider them annoying) and the new member asked about it what's the problem with being upfront and telling him as it is?

But shepard i don't want to make a discussion about it, if you think that my post crossed limits, it's ok really, i just had to make my point that i disagree with it.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:37 AM

Sam988, you didn't say anything that wasn't true as far as I'm concerned, but we try to avoid dissing people. "Attack the idea, not the person." There's always PMs for that sort of thing.

While no poster is superior to any other poster in that we are all in possession of a functioning consciousness, I don't think there's any question that some people's grasp of science, ability to interpret the literature, and knowledge of the domain is better than others. I'm pretty sure that shepard didn't mean to deny that. Probably what he did mean was that we should take everything we read here with a grain of salt, and check up on the information on our own or through other sources as well. ImmInst doesn't want to be (and isn't) responsible for anyone's demise if they follow some bad advice that was posted here.

Chrisalias, welcome to imminst. The more reliable posters tend to back up what they say with evidence from the scientific literature.

#6 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Click on the names and you'll see their ratings. Personally, I think it would be more useful to rate individual posts, since no one is right or wrong all the time.

#7 Chrisalias

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Click on the names and you'll see their ratings. Personally, I think it would be more useful to rate individual posts, since no one is right or wrong all the time.

Clicking on the names...I hadn't noticed that, Thanks Krillin. Over time I'll see if that is useful.

I realize that maybe I posted on the wrong board. The main reason for my post dealt with "Supplement rotation" and I see that there is a "Supplement" board.........The mention of guru/clown was really an afterthought and in retropsect unnecessary.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:51 AM

Click on the names and you'll see their ratings.

We have ratings?!?!

*Clicks on my own profile...*

Wow, 5 stars. How'd I merit that? I had no idea I was that smart. ;)

*Clicks on shepard's profile..."

Just a second, shepard is only 4 stars? And I'm 5? Crazy, man.

Edited by wayside, 07 April 2008 - 02:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users