Photo
- - - - -

focalin xr

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 insanet

• 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:10 AM

i was prescribed a stimulant focalin for my attention deficit, can anyone give me the dl, is it really any better then the normal amphetamines?

#2 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:01 AM

i was prescribed a stimulant focalin for my attention deficit, can anyone give me the dl, is it really any better then the normal amphetamines?

Know about this awesome forum?
http://www.addforums...isplay.php?f=18
It has a whole thread on Focalin.
Also, Wikipedia is a good jumping-off point.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:08 AM

I was on focalin xr for ADD. I only used one prescription. I never used it again or any other ADD pharm for that matter. It sucked! Made my ADD worse. Probably due to the anxiety, although it is supposed to be less anxiety inducing than regular ritalin.

I think you'd be better off getting on a good noot regimen.

Multi-vitamin
Fish oil
magnesium
piracetam
choline source
selegiline
caffeine (low dose) depending on how much selegiline used
exercise
good sleep
good eating habits

and presto no more damn ADD

also ---> stay away from marijuana ----> makes my ADD worse

Edited by luv2increase, 08 April 2008 - 06:09 AM.

#4 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

Maybe.
For me Piracetam is a thought drug.
And Adderall an energy drug.
Piracetam makes my thoughts fire but doesn't give enough energy to really overcome (focus and concentration when reading).
Adderall is like being shot full of adrenaline (at low doses 5mg, 2x/day; high doses calm me out) and I can focus easily.
I'm starting to use them both this week to get the best of both worlds.

#5 insanet

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Maybe.
For me Piracetam is a thought drug.
And Adderall an energy drug.
Piracetam makes my thoughts fire but doesn't give enough energy to really overcome (focus and concentration when reading).
Adderall is like being shot full of adrenaline (at low doses 5mg, 2x/day; high doses calm me out) and I can focus easily.
I'm starting to use them both this week to get the best of both worlds.

i just tried it today. i have never had a good experience with an add med and my parents made me take them now that im older i will just say no since today i had a hedache and trouble with some thought process it made me focus but hurt my learning ability it seemed.
well that will teach me for using legal speed. XD
but i am interested in less dangerous treatments so i will look into these. thanks for the tip guys :p.

#6 eunuch

• 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

i just tried it today. i have never had a good experience with an add med and my parents made me take them now that im older i will just say no since today i had a hedache and trouble with some thought process it made me focus but hurt my learning ability it seemed.
well that will teach me for using legal speed. XD
but i am interested in less dangerous treatments so i will look into these. thanks for the tip guys :p.

i was on focalin xr for almost 2 years, 5 mg. very low dose, but for me it worked very well. it totally changed my ability to focus on tasks at hand without the tendancy of becoming distracted like adderall. sometimes it can be edgy, but after 3 or 4 days of consistent use, this all seemed to go away. I only switched away from it because instant focalin became available in generic, which saved me lots of money.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 insanet

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

I was on focalin xr for ADD. I only used one prescription. I never used it again or any other ADD pharm for that matter. It sucked! Made my ADD worse. Probably due to the anxiety, although it is supposed to be less anxiety inducing than regular ritalin.

Multi-vitamin
Fish oil
magnesium
piracetam
choline source
selegiline
caffeine (low dose) depending on how much selegiline used
exercise
good sleep
good eating habits

and presto no more damn ADD

also ---> stay away from marijuana ----> makes my ADD worse

i was thinking of some of those things. i get good sleep and exercise but have high school lunch :(. i think bassically my goal is not to end up with being forced to use stimulant bull crap. and acctually mj only would be bad if i went to school like that (not that i did) for me at least :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users