Photo
- - - - -

Forskolin & Neuropathy ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tepol

• 100 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:39 AM

I heard Forskolin could possibly cause nerve regrowth , and was curious if any one here had tried it all to help with their own nerve related problems , or for that matter anything else ?

thanks

#2 Raiden

• 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

I heard Forskolin could possibly cause nerve regrowth , and was curious if any one here had tried it all to help with their own nerve related problems , or for that matter anything else ?

thanks

I'm interested in this too, specifically for countering the effects of mild Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) - I'll be purchasing some shortly from I-Herb and i'll let you know how it turns out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

Lithium should help with that. So should uridine/brewer's yeast and choline.

#4 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

I may be wrong, but Lithium Orotate causes nerve re-growth because of the excitotoxicity of manic phases - so if one weren't manic, then its NGF action would be absent.

#5 bgwithadd

• 820 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:29 AM

"Recent experimental evidence suggests that antidepressant drugs and electroconvulsive treatment might work by enhancing CNS levels of neurotrophins. In addition, Lithium (LI) has been shown to exert robust neuroprotective effects apart from its well known mood-stabilizing effects in humans. In this study we investigated the effects of subchronic (14 days) treatment with various doses of LI on the NGF content of several regions of the adult rat brain. LI treatment, which resulted in prophylactic LI serum concentrations (0.72 ± 0.08 mMol l-1), induced a significant (P < 0.05) increase in NGF concentrations in the frontal cortex (+23.2%), hippocampus (+72%), amygdala (+74%) and limbic forebrain (+46.7%) compared to untreated controls, whereas no effects on NGF concentrations were observed in the striatum, the hypothalamus or the midbrain, even using various LI doses. "

http://www.nature.co...l/4001042a.html

It seems likely now that most antidepressants actually work by affecting nerve growth.

Pretty interesting. In bipolar, amygdala is 20% smaller on average. Frontal cortex is much smaller, too.

This is apparently how lithium works, not a side effect. There'd be no reason for extra NGF if it were the other way around.

#6 tepol

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

I may be wrong, but Lithium Orotate causes nerve re-growth because of the excitotoxicity of manic phases - so if one weren't manic, then its NGF action would be absent.

Well I tried Bacopa and it seemed to help me ( first thing in while ) and i have some Lithium ( love that name ) ready and waiting to get shipped hopefully soon , I'll be sure to let ye all know if does anything.

t

#7 tepol

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

thanks

I'm interested in this too, specifically for countering the effects of mild Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) - I'll be purchasing some shortly from I-Herb and i'll let you know how it turns out.

Did you find it helpful at all ?

tepol

#8 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

I used forskolin for a while at 40 mg per day. You have to be careful with forskolin. By activating cAMP, it was also elevating testosterone so I was going to something similar to Roid rage. I recently came across forskolin for nerve growth and am curious to try it once again.

#9 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I used forskolin for a while at 40 mg per day. You have to be careful with forskolin. By activating cAMP, it was also elevating testosterone so I was going to something similar to Roid rage. I recently came across forskolin for nerve growth and am curious to try it once again.

Don't go anywhere near trenbolone, masteron, or any steroid for that matter if something like forskolin gives you roid rage symptoms. Yikes.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 someidiot

• 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

I read that forskolin upregulates aceytlcholinesterase. Perhaps anti-noot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users