Photo
- - - - -

myoclonus (sleep jerking) pretty bad after few weeks on nootropic reg

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gascan7

• 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

Title says a lot: Ive been on a nootropic regimen for the past few weeks and the past few nights ive been having an incredibly difficult time sleeping, mostly due to uncontrollable body jerking at early stages of sleep, aka myoclonus.

My nootropic reg:

Piracetam 1g
Aniracetam 750mg
Alpha GPC 1g
Alcar (sometimes) 500-750mg
L-tyrosine 500mg-1g

Ill take that 1-2x per day

Anyone have any insight?

#2 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

Yes, back off on the Alpha GPC -- 1g is a heroic dose, not to mention very expensive. Acetylcholine is responsible for signaling muscles to contract. And sometimes you take 1g of GPC twice a day?? :) . Try a normal dose like 250mg once or twice a day for awhile and I bet your self-induced movement disorder disappears.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gascan7

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yes, back off on the Alpha GPC -- 1g is a heroic dose, not to mention very expensive. Acetylcholine is responsible for signaling muscles to contract. And sometimes you take 1g of GPC twice a day?? :) . Try a normal dose like 250mg once or twice a day for awhile and I bet your self-induced movement disorder disappears.

wow, thanks so much. Ive been told by numerous sources that 1g was the way to go as far as A-GPC is concerned. I will definitely back off of it and hopefully the problem is resolved.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

I´ve had some eye lid twitching (left lid) during my piracetam treatment. This twitching has now subsided, but moved down to the finger of my left hand. Even after stopping piracetam my finger twitches very often (it has been a month without the piracetam. If it can treat myoclonus then maybe it can cause myoclonus as well?
It´s not annoying though. Sometimes small contractions in the left arm can be felt too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users