how much CoQ10 is ok?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IgG

• Guest, F@H
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:47 AM

From a LEF magazine May 2008 The Most Important Tool for Disease Prevention:

Life Extension recommends that healthy adults over the age of 30 should strive to maintain coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) blood levels that are consistently around 2.5 to 3 mcg/mL. Aging individuals with cardiovascular health concerns should strive for CoQ10 levels of at least 3.5 mcg/mL, while those with neurological disorders should seek CoQ10 blood levels around 7 mcg/mL.

Healthy people taking around 150 mg/day of the ubiquinol form of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) are attaining desired CoQ10 blood levels.

Ubiquinol is not cheap and I was taking only 50 mg of ubiquinol based on recommedations to take 50 mg or maximum 100 mg of CoQ10 (ubiquinon) a day. What do you think?

#2 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:28 AM

I take 300mg of ubiquinol daily (morning, midday, night -- 100mg each). This is one of those supps that I think can be greatly beneficial at higher doses. Ubiquinol apparently raises levels 6 times higher than ubiquinone, so my 300mg is like 1800mg of the version of CoQ10 most people take. CoQ10 seems to be critical to metabolic function, and the organs that have the highest metabolism (heart and brain).

http://search.lef.or...x...inol coq10

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:47 AM

I agree with Duke. I recommend between 100-300mg. 400mg if you have CHF or a similar condition.

You can always take a Q10 blood test and compare your levels to the one lef recommends. That said it's never a bad idea for optimal anti aging and neurprotection to be between 7-8mcg/mL.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

Yeah, I like ubiquinol. First weeks I took it I noticed major, significant, increase in energy and stamina coming from ordinary CoQ10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users