- - - - -

Anxiety Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simpl1

• 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and glad I found this great place.

I'm a young guy going to college and i have a problem, i suffer from anxiety. I tend to get very nervous when I'm around people and my hands shake (for example the other day a girl told me to save her number in my cell and when i took my cell my hands were shaking) (by the way It's not because the girl was hot or anything like that), very weird. Its frustrating and I wanted to know what you guys have found to be the supplement that best addresses this issue of anxiety.

I really don't know why i have developed this problem.

In the past I tried Phenibut and it works extremely well for me but the withdrawal i went threw was pure HELL. So I well never try that again.

Anyways, thanks In advanced for the responses.

#2 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

You can try researching some of the following (I suspect what works for you would depend on whats the root cause of your anxiety):

L-Theanine
Lemon Balm
5-HTP/L-Tryptophan

SSRI's have some effect on anxiety (eg. Paxil) but withdrawal can be difficult for some people. Apparently other antidepressants do as well.
You could also try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

- Tracy

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

I question if that is really anxiety. Anxiety is more of a mental thing I think. Feeling overly concerned about minor stuff, for example.

I can react that way too to minor stess. I think that shaking in situations like that is about how well (or badly) your adrenals respond to stress I've also had problems where my heart races b/c someone almost cut me off on the highway and it will take longer than usual for my heart rate to go back to normal. (My response to stress has changed for me in recent past.)

I've had other problems with my adrenals like a sensitive wake-sleep cycle, esp as I got older. If I stay out late it can take me a week to get back to my usual sleep wake routine.

Some might think that low blood sugar at around 3pm might also indicate weak adrenals. This might be the weakest indication. I've been prone to fatigue (or had low energy).

I have a severe zinc deficiency for one thing. Also have a pantothenic acid deficiency. Both of those support the adrenals.

I've also experienced shaking when I get really angry which I don't think is all that typical.

I think you may have some anxiety which might add to your stress in these situations, but I think that anxiety usually only gets physical when you have a panic attack. Your hands shaking is not a panic attack.

I've had the same situation (appearing in traffic court) make me nervous one time and fine another time. I am being treated still for deficiencies and think this is probably the biggest explanation why I notice differences in how I respond to stess ar different times. There could be other factors but I've exoerienced many many chabges from being treated for deficiencies.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 E.T.

• 183 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:32 AM

St. John's Wart worked the best for my severe anxiety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users