• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Beta-Alanine vs. L-Carnosine

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Beta-Alanine vs. L-Carnosine Updated To include the Taurine Issue (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Beta-Alanine vs. L-Carnosine multiple answers are ok (in terms of boosting the body's carnosine levels for an antiaging effect)

1. Beta-Alanine is as effective as or more effective than L-Carnosine (35 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. L-Carnosine is more effective than Beta-Alanine (27 votes [27.55%])

Percentage of vote: 27.55%

3. Beta-Alanine + Histidine taken together is the right way to go (5 votes [5.10%])

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

4. I am dropping Beta-Alanine/Carnosine due to the potential Taurine Depletion Issue (5 votes [5.10%])

Percentage of vote: 5.10%

5. I think increased Taurine Supplementation taken away from Beta/Carn will take care of the Taurine Depletion issue (26 votes [26.53%])

Percentage of vote: 26.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have not seen that BA can be converted into carnosine outside of muscle tissue and that may be because muscle lacks carnosinase so carnosine can build up over time.

Seems like the muscles act as a storage pool for carnosine, perhaps with small amounts of carnosine leaking from muscles to the blood stream to "top up" levels in the brain and/ or other areas?

#62 phil8462643

• 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

I love carnosine! I take it when I need it. I prefer the pure powder form. mixed in water. about a half gram per glass. annihilates hangovers for me. I think it might be slowing down my aging! I am rather sensitive to supplements and can feel carnosine when I take it. I knew it was good by the taste. I had not tasted that flavour since I was a child and recognised it the first time I tasted it

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Resurrecting this old thread some just to mention that I believe my BA supplementation sans taurine has led to a taurine deficiency. Perhaps the BA alone was doing it or in combination with something else inhibiting taurine systemically. Anyways, I stopped the BA and the symptoms have noticeably and gradually began to disappear. For reference:

Dosage:
2g in the morning
2g in the afternoon

Period:
3 years total. Only the last 9-12 months without Taurine.

I was between 175-185 during the period (currently 180).

#64 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Resurrecting this old thread some just to mention that I believe my BA supplementation sans taurine has led to a taurine deficiency. Perhaps the BA alone was doing it or in combination with something else inhibiting taurine systemically. Anyways, I stopped the BA and the symptoms have noticeably and gradually began to disappear. For reference:

Dosage:
2g in the morning
2g in the afternoon

Period:

Mike
What were the specific symptoms you were experiencing that you believe were associated with a taurine deficiency?
  • like x 2

#65 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Dosage:
2g in the morning
2g in the afternoon

Period:

Mike
What were the specific symptoms you were experiencing that you believe were associated with a taurine deficiency?

Additionally, when you were supplementing with taurine, how much were you taking and were you taking it on an empty stomach, or with the BA? Is there a "magic" ratio of taurine/BA supplementation?

#66 Mr.No

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#67 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:58 PM

This is very interesting. I'm gonna start taking around 1.6 grams daily. Sure would be cost effective over 3.0+ grams daily and you can go off it for extended periods with no loss.

http://www.ironmanma...ing-procedures/

Great price http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc1b32770

Edited by mustardseed41, 08 March 2015 - 08:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users