Photo
- - - - -

SAM-e

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deadstar711

• 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

Hey...I am still trying to find the links but a couple months ago I came across these two statements :

- The use TMG + Mag + B Complex produced the same effect (took a couple weeks to work though) as SAM-e

- and then another stating TMG + B Complex + NAC + Choline (didn't specify which) + Methionine produces the same effects as SAM-e

Does anyone know the truth to this? I have benefited from the use of SAM-e but it can become expensive at the dosage of 600-800mg/ED which I found to be most helpful to me. Thanks for any help!

#2 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:06 PM

I have an alternative for you right here.
Mr. Sir Trallin- the knight of eternal happiness :p
Been using a lot of alternative mood raisers but lately I decided to try a clinically proven drug called Zoloft (sertralin). Almost noticed an immediate change in mood (sedated the first day, little bit anxious the second)at 25 mg (half of the recommended dose). Could be that it works well with piracetam and rhodiola. No signs of any mania either.
Just thought what the heck and borrowed some of my friends pills, so at half a pill every day I keep those disturbing thoughts away.
Could be a placebo effect also. Or hypomania... Only time will tell.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

SSRIs don't improve mood within some days. And regarding the initially question: Betaine (TMG) can raise SAM-e levels. Choline,
Methionine, Folate, and vitamin B12 are necessary for the body to produce SAM-e as far as I remember, but I read that years ago.

#4 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

SSRIs don't improve mood within some days. And regarding the initially question: Betaine (TMG) can raise SAM-e levels. Choline,
Methionine, Folate, and vitamin B12 are necessary for the body to produce SAM-e as far as I remember, but I read that years ago.

But maybe together with google research, cocoa, rhodiola, loads of piracetam there could be some booster effect, which is not experienced when taking an SSRI alone?
Maybe I am experimenting too much, but that´s why I joined this community in the first place.
I´ve read one study which stated that rhodiola increased SSRI effects and also reduced it´s side effects. (knowing this could also make me believe it so much that it actually "works".)

If Sam-e is working for OP then don´t mind the cash. Happiness is a very treasurable thing.

#5 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

I mean't taking an SSRI alone won't improve mood within some days, it takes more like weeks. But if you also take rhodiola, then of course you could feel effects instantly. Be very carefully, don't take high dose rhodiola and maximum dose sertraline, this could cause (hypo)mania or in worst case serotonin-syndrome.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Yearningforyears

• 230 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

I mean't taking an SSRI alone won't improve mood within some days, it takes more like weeks. But if you also take rhodiola, then of course you could feel effects instantly. Be very carefully, don't take high dose rhodiola and maximum dose sertraline, this could cause (hypo)mania or in worst case serotonin-syndrome.

That is good advice indeed. Thanks!
Planning on reducing sertralin dosage to 12,5 mg, since 25 mg is working absolutely incredible.
Yesterday I was able to smell my surroundings for the first time in years. Flowers became so beautiful, people became friendly (not threatening)It sounds crazy. EVERYTHING is coming back to me. My childhood, my empathy, feelings, emotions. It has been gone for so long I had forgot who I was. Can´t believe this is happening now.
Compared to the Djahnman-era this is a somewhat similar experience. The big difference however is that I have this huge sensation of pleasant stillness and a sort of built in thought "brake". No racing thoughts. No negative thoughts. No brain fog. I know who I am for the first time in at least 10 years.
Observation: Mood and feelings of security seem to be caused by different things. I could be confident and hyperactive at times, but without the warmth.
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users