Photo
- - - - -

30F Regimen - Advice?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jnutter

• 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:37 AM

I'm usually pretty lazy when it comes to taking supplements, so I'm looking for some advice on how to improve my current regimen.

This is what I do twice a day (morning and evening) with food:

• Ortho-Core x3
  • Ortho-Mind x2
  • Lecithin:
    High Choline Lecithin 1200mg
    Phosphatidyl Choline (as Soy Lecithin) 420mg
  • ALC:
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine hydrochloride 250mg
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg
  • Calcium multi:
    Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol D-3) 400IU
    Vitamin K (Phytonadione) 10mcg 25%
    Calcium Citrate Malate (CCM) 400mg
    Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 100mg
    Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 3.75 mg
    Copper (as Copper Glycinate) 0.5mg
    Manganese (as Manganese Gluconate) 0.5mg
    MBP® 20mg
    Boron (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 0.5mg
  • ArginMax (which, as far as I can tell, does nothing for libido :p):
    Vitamin A as retinyl palmitate 2500IU
    Vitamin C as ascorbic acid 30mg
    Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol succinate 15IU
    Thiamin (B1) as thiamin mononitrate 0.75mg
    Riboflavin (B2) 0.85mg
    Niacin (B3) as niacinamide 10mg
    Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine hydrochloride 1mg
    Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin as folic acid 200mcg
    Vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin 3mcg
    Biotin 150mcg
    Pantothenic acid as calcium d-panthothenate 5mg
    Calcium as calcium carbonate 250mg
    Iron as ferrous gluconate 4.5mg
    Zinc as zinc gluconate 3.75mg
    L-Arginine 1250mg
    Korean Ginseng Root Extract panax ginsing 50mg
    Ginkgo Biloba Extract leaf 25mg
    Damiana Leaf 25mg

Throughout the day, I generally also get--

• Fish oil (x5-10 of:)
    EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) (omega-3) 180mg
    DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)(omega-3) 120mg
  • EC stack (x2-3 of:)
    Caffeine 200mg
    Ephedrine HCI 25mg
    (+Guaifenesin 20mg)
  • AOR Vinpocetine 15mg (IF I remember)
  • L-Glutamine 1000mg

As far as physical activity goes, I do heavy full body compound weight lifting twice a week for one hour with a trainer, walk to/from home/school/work, and started running 3-4 days a week about a month ago. On the weekends, I'm usually running errands around town or am vigorously scrubbing the sh* out of my apartment. When I can remember to do so, I try to sneak in some extra "man" push-ups (heh) and leg/hip muscle loosening with a foam roller.

My goals are better overall health, fast physical recovery after exercise, and better brain function for school (I take 10 college credits each quarter while working fulltime).

My diet was relatively low-carb, low-GI, high protein until not too long ago, with slight CR, but I've been having REALLY bad blood sugar issues since I started running. (I'm trying to train for the Portland Marathon in October.) My carb intake is much higher now (up from maybe 30% to 65%) but I still fluctuate more than I'd like. Blood work I had done in March said I was NOT diabetic or hypoglycemic, but I still feel very sensitive sometimes. Even for as short of a run as 4 miles, I have to have a fair amount of carbs immediately afterwards to stave off brain fog, shakes and severe nausea later.

I'm trying to figure out HOW to do CR (even IF???) and still have enough energy for cardio - I have a BodyBugg that I've been using to record calorie burn for certain runs so I can try to plan my diet around my training schedule properly. It's a constant work in progress. I definitely don't feel as stable and energetic as I did when I was low-carb/high-protein while mostly only doing weight lifting, but the extra bodyfat loss I've seen in the last month makes me want to stick to the cardio.

Any pointers would be appreciated. :p

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

I'm usually pretty lazy when it comes to taking supplements, so I'm looking for some advice on how to improve my current regimen.

This is what I do twice a day (morning and evening) with food:

• Ortho-Core x3
  • Ortho-Mind x2
  • Lecithin:
    High Choline Lecithin 1200mg
    Phosphatidyl Choline (as Soy Lecithin) 420mg
  • ALC:
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine hydrochloride 250mg
    Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg
  • Calcium multi:
    Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol D-3) 400IU
    Vitamin K (Phytonadione) 10mcg 25%
    Calcium Citrate Malate (CCM) 400mg
    Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 100mg
    Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 3.75 mg
    Copper (as Copper Glycinate) 0.5mg
    Manganese (as Manganese Gluconate) 0.5mg
    MBP® 20mg
    Boron (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) 0.5mg
  • ArginMax (which, as far as I can tell, does nothing for libido :p):
    Vitamin A as retinyl palmitate 2500IU
    Vitamin C as ascorbic acid 30mg
    Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopherol succinate 15IU
    Thiamin (B1) as thiamin mononitrate 0.75mg
    Riboflavin (B2) 0.85mg
    Niacin (B3) as niacinamide 10mg
    Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine hydrochloride 1mg
    Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin as folic acid 200mcg
    Vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin 3mcg
    Biotin 150mcg
    Pantothenic acid as calcium d-panthothenate 5mg
    Calcium as calcium carbonate 250mg
    Iron as ferrous gluconate 4.5mg
    Zinc as zinc gluconate 3.75mg
    L-Arginine 1250mg
    Korean Ginseng Root Extract panax ginsing 50mg
    Ginkgo Biloba Extract leaf 25mg
    Damiana Leaf 25mg

Throughout the day, I generally also get--

• Fish oil (x5-10 of:)
    EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) (omega-3) 180mg
    DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)(omega-3) 120mg
  • EC stack (x2-3 of:)
    Caffeine 200mg
    Ephedrine HCI 25mg
    (+Guaifenesin 20mg)
  • AOR Vinpocetine 15mg (IF I remember)
  • L-Glutamine 1000mg

As far as physical activity goes, I do heavy full body compound weight lifting twice a week for one hour with a trainer, walk to/from home/school/work, and started running 3-4 days a week about a month ago. On the weekends, I'm usually running errands around town or am vigorously scrubbing the sh* out of my apartment. When I can remember to do so, I try to sneak in some extra "man" push-ups (heh) and leg/hip muscle loosening with a foam roller.

My goals are better overall health, fast physical recovery after exercise, and better brain function for school (I take 10 college credits each quarter while working fulltime).

My diet was relatively low-carb, low-GI, high protein until not too long ago, with slight CR, but I've been having REALLY bad blood sugar issues since I started running. (I'm trying to train for the Portland Marathon in October.) My carb intake is much higher now (up from maybe 30% to 65%) but I still fluctuate more than I'd like. Blood work I had done in March said I was NOT diabetic or hypoglycemic, but I still feel very sensitive sometimes. Even for as short of a run as 4 miles, I have to have a fair amount of carbs immediately afterwards to stave off brain fog, shakes and severe nausea later.

I'm trying to figure out HOW to do CR (even IF???) and still have enough energy for cardio - I have a BodyBugg that I've been using to record calorie burn for certain runs so I can try to plan my diet around my training schedule properly. It's a constant work in progress. I definitely don't feel as stable and energetic as I did when I was low-carb/high-protein while mostly only doing weight lifting, but the extra bodyfat loss I've seen in the last month makes me want to stick to the cardio.

Any pointers would be appreciated. :p

Are you taking the Calcium multi to get something that's not in the half dose of Ortho Core? It would probably be a good idea just for your own purposes, but also for posting, to go through the multi, the ortho core, ortho mind, and everything else, calculate how much of each thing you're taking, add them up, and list that summation. That would make it easier to figure out if there's too much or not enough of something. At this point I'd say that you could use more of a quality form of magnesium (anything but oxide) and more D, preferably in a gelcap for better absorption. I spose the Guaifenesin won't kill you, but I don't see it as a thing people would want to take every day. Is it a minor component of a drug store product that you aren't really intending to use? (It's not a large dose) 200 of caffeine is kind of a lot, (by my wimpy standards) along with other stimulants. It may (or may not) be related to hypoglycemic-like issues. Do you sleep well? There may be a lot of other things in your regimen that should go up or down, but it's hard to say without knowing what the total dosages are on everything.

Oh, wait. Are you taking 3 ortho core twice a day? If so, (6 caps) that's a full dose, not a half. Well, everything above still stands. You're at 1400 IU of D, but unless the ortho core is using a granulated hydrophobic complex formulation for the D, you may not be absorbing as much as that. If it were me, I'd still take more D.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:43 AM

The guy who wrote the debunking of the Marshall Protocol has a thorough article on guaifenesin. I recently tried a 600 mg Mucinex to augment my gabapentin/amantadine anti-muscle tension stack (to which I'm developing tolerance), but all it did was slow down my thinking.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 jnutter

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:21 PM

I'm really resistant to stimulants, at least as far as the usual noticeable effects go. Not sure if it's related in any way, but Novocaine and other -caines seem to work really poorly on me, too.

I do sleep with earplugs and an eye mask though (we live in the noisy, "young" part of town), but I tend to get around 7 hours or so of pretty sound sleep every night. No complaints there. (Although I wouldn't mind lucid dreaming again - it's been a few years since I've been able to do that regularly.)

I started taking the Calcium multi because blood work showed that I was slightly D deficient (although a lot less than most Seattle-ites that go through that office), and to help counteract any sort of calcium absorption inhibition caused by the caffeine. Most of the older women in my family have osteoporosis, but my bone density is normal for my age.

The Guaifenesin is with the Ephedrine HCI; US law doesn't allow it to be sold here without it. I'm taking the EC stack for the potential fat loss benefits (usually a half hour before working out), but I've recently started taking it before tests at school because I feel like it helps me focus a little harder. That might just be the caffeine though. (?)

One thing I forgot on that list-- I'm also taking one Longevinex cap a day. I was thinking about upping that to two until I run out, and then switching over to the AOR stuff so I can order it when I get my Orthos and Vinpo.

I also ordered some liquid Biosil the other day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users