- - - - -

New energy drink contains Piracetam

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

More from their website:

This is from the benefits category (among just about every other benefit you could possibly imagine):

Happiness
Increasing the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin while helping the corresponding nerves to work more efficiently together. This means of correcting depression and anxiety is not only faster acting and more direct than prescription anti-depressants, it serves as a way to correct a problem without the common side effects associated with prescriptions including SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors).

They should be advised to add a disclaimer.

#32 Leo

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:17 PM

How stable is Piracetam in a liquid version? Would it still be active?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

More from their website:

This is from the benefits category (among just about every other benefit you could possibly imagine):

Happiness
Increasing the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin while helping the corresponding nerves to work more efficiently together. This means of correcting depression and anxiety is not only faster acting and more direct than prescription anti-depressants, it serves as a way to correct a problem without the common side effects associated with prescriptions including SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors).

They should be advised to add a disclaimer.

Their little company is going down. Dangerous to make any comparison claims to regulated, FDA-approved, doctor prescribed legal drugs. Who do they think they are messing with? The lawsuits will be filled before their first year completes: "My son committed suicide after going off his Zoloft and self-prescribing this damn energy drink, instead." I'm surprised they roped in any investors at all.
And damn them to hell if they end up causing the FDA to regulate Piracetam.

#34 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

How stable is Piracetam in a liquid version? Would it still be active?

Leo, liquid Piracetam here:
http://www.antiaging.../piracetam.html

Edited by Rags847, 26 June 2008 - 11:30 PM.

#35 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:46 PM

I have a friend that is down the road from them and he emailed Waylon Howell and got a reply. I'll see if he will post it here (or tell me it is OK to post it), and maybe get him to menton the forum in a reply.

Below is the email reply that my friend Greg forwarded to me. He had stated his concerns about piracetam... mentioned other racetams and also suggested a sugar free version:

-----Original Message-----

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:43:33
To:xxx@xxx.com
Subject: Re: Neuro Fuel and my noot stack

Not to worry on the FDA they official down graded piracetam from a prescription drug to a supplement about a year ago.  Probably because it has been described as some scientific to be as benign as salt and does even have a toxic level at any dose.  We would not have been able to put so much on the line if there was a chance of another reclassification of Piracetam.

Always glad to hear from someone who understands what we are doing and how unique the benefits of our drink are over an energy drink.  Some time when people ask me off the record why ours is different, I just laugh.

Sugar free will be the next one, we will have to wait and see how long it takes us the develop that far first.

What kinds of effects do you get personally from the other racetams?  We have patent papers filed on those too and and may explore that very far in the future.

Edited by frankbuzin, 26 June 2008 - 11:49 PM.

#36 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:23 AM

Not to worry on the FDA they official down graded piracetam from a prescription drug to a supplement about a year ago.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm that Piracetam is now classified as a supplement by the FDA?
They shot down David Tolson's (Bulk Nutrition, Unlimited Nutrition) attempt to do the same in 2004 (just four years ago).
I smell bullshit!
The FDA now reversed everything they concluded in 2004?

1] That Piracetam is authorized as an investigational new drug (IND).
2] That Piracetam wasn't a dietary supplement or food prior to being an IND.
3] That since the label makes representations that Piracetam is used to treat diseases it is by definition a drug.

These guys may have fooled a couple of investors, but I'm skeptical. What substance is going to be classified by the FDA as an investigational new drug and then a few years later reclassified as a dietary supplement? It is no longer a drug? And these guys shot themselves in the foot by listing all the disease that can supposedly be ameliorated by their can.

http://64.233.169.10...v...;cd=7&gl=us

"Jan. 9, 2004:

FDA has carefully considered the information in your submission, and the agency has concerns about the evidence on which you rely to support your conclusion that a dietary supplement containing Piracetam will reasonably be expected to be safe.

Page 2 - Mr. David Tolson
Your product is excluded from the definition of "dietary supplement" under 21 U.S.C. 321(ff)(3)(B)
Piracetam is an article authorized as an investigational new drug (IND) for which substantial clinical investigations have been instituted in the United States, and the existence of such investigations has been made public. The results of at least two clinical studies conducted under authorized INDs were published in peer reviewed journals!'

In addition, there is no evidence that Piracetam was marketed as a dietary supplement or a food prior to the authorization to investigate Piracetam as a new drug. Therefore Piracetam is excluded from the statutory definition of a dietary supplement under 21 US.C. 321(ff)(3)(B).

In summary, Piracetam is not a dietary supplement under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
Moreover, the product appears to be a drug under the Act and thus subject to the regulatory requirements of drugs. Under 21 U.S.C. 321(g)(1)(B), an article intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of a disease in man is a drug. The information contained in your submission, namely the inclusion of a list of documents setting forth diseases for which Piracetam may be an effective treatment, suggests that it is intended to treat, prevent, or mitigate diseases. See 21 CFR 101.93(g). These representations suggest that this product is intended for use as a drug within the meaning of21 U.S.C. 321(g)(1)(B), and that it is subject to regulation under the drug provisions of the Act. If you intend to make claims or representations of this nature, you should contact FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Office of Compliance, HFD-310, Montrose Metro II, 11919Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only thing I can think is maybe evidence was supplied to the FDA that Piracetam was marketed in the past as a dietary supplement prior to the authorization to investigate Piracetam as a new drug and therefore Piracetam could be classified as a dietary supplement relying on the statutory definition of a dietary supplement under 21 US.C. 321(ff)(3)(B). But then it would have a duel classification as a IND and a dietary supplement, if that is even possible.

Edited by Rags847, 27 June 2008 - 06:23 AM.

#37 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:14 AM

Podcasts related to the FDA and Supplements:

http://www.onpointra...0501_a_main.asp
22:30 min - on: about supplements and drugs
http://www.here-now....20060531_13.asp

Edited by Rags847, 27 June 2008 - 07:40 AM.

#38 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

If and/or when the drink operation goes national, I imagine the scrutiny will increase. Hopefully they submitted a 75-day premarket notification, or have a persuasive lawyer with friends at the FDA. But if it is allowed, the precedent will be set for piracetam's mainstream acceptance as a "dietary ingredient" under DSHEA statutory requirements (a positive development, IMO). If legally sanctioned, the company has the potential to be very successful.

#39 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

If and/or when the drink operation goes national, I imagine the scrutiny will increase. Hopefully they submitted a 75-day premarket notification, or have a persuasive lawyer with friends at the FDA. But if it is allowed, the precedent will be set for piracetam's mainstream acceptance as a "dietary ingredient" under DSHEA statutory requirements (a positive development, IMO). If legally sanctioned, the company has the potential to be very successful.

So a chemical compound can be classified as both a "drug" and a "dietary ingredient"?
Why can't I buy my Coke or Pepsi with liquid Adderall? Super cola!

#40 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

I imagine this isn't up for international orders yet?

Edited by spacey, 27 June 2008 - 01:13 PM.

#41 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:11 PM

So a chemical compound can be classified as both a "drug" and a "dietary ingredient"?

The FDA response to Tolson's pre-market notification for piracetam was not a rule-making decision but rather an interpretation of law by the Division Director. If a new dietary ingredient proposal is rejected, but later accepted, some kind of new evidence could have been presented that satisfied FDA regulators (and which hasn't apparently been made public, for some reason).

#42 ortcloud

• 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

The FDA response to Tolson's pre-market notification for piracetam was not a rule-making decision but rather an interpretation of law by the Division Director. If a new dietary ingredient proposal is rejected, but later accepted, some kind of new evidence could have been presented that satisfied FDA regulators (and which hasn't apparently been made public, for some reason).

who would have presented this to the FDA ? which supplement company ? There are only a handful that sell it.

Has anyone asked Pete or Tolson their opinion on how they can sell it ?

#43 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

Just popped into my google alerts...

Neurofuel at Amazon.com. FYI, Neurofuel appears to be the first energy drink to contain Piracetam.

Here's a rather glowing review:

(REAL NAME)
Neuro Fuel is a wonder drink! I have fibromyalgia, and it gives me energy and helps relieve my pain. One day all my muscles felt contracted, and I was hunched over in pain in the morning. Suddenly I realized, a little while after drinking a Neuro Fuel, that I was sitting up straight again and felt remarkably better. It was amazing!

Never seen that kind of review for an energy drink before....

Edited by abelard lindsay, 27 July 2008 - 07:26 PM.

#44 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

i read the 4 reviews on amazon, 5 stars. bought it , will post back

#45 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

Just popped into my google alerts...

Neurofuel at Amazon.com. FYI, Neurofuel appears to be the first energy drink to contain Piracetam.

Here's a rather glowing review:

(REAL NAME)
Neuro Fuel is a wonder drink! I have fibromyalgia, and it gives me energy and helps relieve my pain. One day all my muscles felt contracted, and I was hunched over in pain in the morning. Suddenly I realized, a little while after drinking a Neuro Fuel, that I was sitting up straight again and felt remarkably better. It was amazing!

Never seen that kind of review for an energy drink before....

just what are google alerts? so neurofuel can purportedly even treat diseases, like fibromyalgia
I wonder how many more drinks will contain serious noots.

i think piracetam should just be used a brain-enhancer/"dietary supp" . In Europe, it's supposedly a drug/medicine and may need prescription

#46 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:11 AM

neurofuel doesnt taste as good as other energy drinks

I dont mind tons of sugar and flavoring , make it taste as nice as red bull etc and they may have more business. still young can use the quick energy, the good'll outweigh bad if pira 's good as claimed .

if they cause more regulations stuff like piracetam , i'm gonna be mad. At least make it taste delicious!
what " Mood Enhancement " formula?? what ingredient in there, claim it's "secret" "patent"

what the heck's in that?

btw any bad things , potential poison/toxin ? I'm gonna watch out for those. If it takes sugar-ladden stuff to make it taste nice, just add it

Edited by HYP86, 11 December 2008 - 10:31 AM.

#47 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

More from their website:

"My son committed suicide after going off his Zoloft and self-prescribing this damn energy drink, instead." I'm surprised they roped in any investors at all.
And damn them to hell if they end up causing the FDA to regulate Piracetam.

whoa ppl died over it ? selfprescribe and self-medicate , and there's risk
They better hire lawyers and lobby for the right to have p powder everywhere. They beter have influence.

deregulation of noots. but i cant get over the taste (Some web reviews say the drink tastes like butt, reminds of of some other D, what's it called pussy drink , it doesn't measure up to alotta other drink, and darn it, makes me scared to taste the BN powder. If they make me sick..

i want a vomit-proof way.

like their concept but they need to make the drink taste better and it'll be a big sell. why cant it be good and taste good i dont feel much effect, will see

Edited by HYP86, 11 December 2008 - 11:01 AM.

#48 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

i read the 4 reviews on amazon, 5 stars. bought it , will post back

They didn't have their friends post those glowing reviews (even though 4 of the 5 reviews on Amazon came in July, right when the drink when up, before anyone could have had it ordered and shipped, yet, and no reviews since, 'cept one in Dec).

What is the point of getting your supplements mixed in with all that sugar and crap? Might as well stick your vitamin C into a jelly donut and your fish oil into a Swanson frozen dinner.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#49 Aeropsia

• 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

I predict this turning out really badly. Choline potentiates the effects of caffeine, and there's a generous amount of caffeine (more than red bull) in there already, combined with phenylalanine... Hyper-stimulating. FDA will make them pull the product from shelves because they're making health claims AND using Piracetam. Other combos look suspect too. I hope this doesn't rebound and hurt online Piracetam sellers.

They're attempting to patent drinks with Piracetam? I hope that doesn't fly with the patent office.

Edited by Aeropsia, 16 December 2010 - 08:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users