Photo
- - - - -

Balanced Diet Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orangish

• 264 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:37 PM

I can't seem to find a good balanced diet for myself and could use some advice. Without doubt, I am avoiding gluten, casein and corn because I have indicated sensitivities. But now I seem to be able to not maintain my energy level and in fact even exacerbate it as well as induce fleeting sessions of incoherency.

So my diet was terribly low carb for awhile and terribly high fat. This helped in some respects with clarity but left me with periods of no energy, and I would actually have to take a necessary doze post-meal. Now, I have added in some carbs--just veggie carbs, complex--and I still have that problem of dozing. What more I feel incessantly hungry and have to wake up at 3 am. My eating is actually mostly not emotional these days, so I am baffled at what to do to handle my eating. I take enzymes and probiotics, which help stave off worse symptoms.

Anyone have thoughts on these meal-induced symptoms? I feel like I indeed might've induced some deficiencies in keeping to this sort of restrictive diet, but not in any way ones that could cause such meal related symptoms?

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:17 AM

Lean meat for protein, and nuts along with a lot of lightly cooked or raw veggies, is quite filling. If you are able to change your emotional eating, to healthy eating because you care for yourself and your future--then half the battle is won :) I get a lot out of the CR mailing list, but that does take a bit more time to learn at first--taking the time however is worth it in the long run, it gets much easier after a while.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users