Photo
- - - - -

The effects of cocoa extract on females

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NickCallaway

• 54 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

In response to some positive feedback on this forum pertaining to the use of cocoa extract, I picked up a bottle. My girlfriend was there with me when I opened it up, and was surprised that it really smells like chocolate. As I understand it, there is a chemical in chocolate, with a higher potency on females than males, which functions as somewhat of an aphrodisiac, or is at least implicated in the neurochemistry of "love".

As my girlfriend is always keen to ingest anything related to chocolate, she asked me for one (500mg cap). Well, to make a long story short, after about 30 minutes my girlfriend became unusually affectionate, showering me with praise and professions of her deep love for me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

#2 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

From the chocolatemonthclub website:

"You may read that chocolate is an aphrodisiac based on studies from reputable universities. Scientists have isolated phenylethylamine (PEA) which is a stimulant found in chocolate, and also in the brain. A miniscule amount of PEA is released at moments of emotional euphoria, raising blood pressure and heart rate. There is no evidence that PEA found in foods increases PEA in the brain. And by the way, cheddar cheese, salami and pickled herring all contain more PEA than Chocolate, so join our International Cheese of the Month Club too!"

In response to some positive feedback on this forum pertaining to the use of cocoa extract, I picked up a bottle. My girlfriend was there with me when I opened it up, and was surprised that it really smells like chocolate. As I understand it, there is a chemical in chocolate, with a higher potency on females than males, which functions as somewhat of an aphrodisiac, or is at least implicated in the neurochemistry of "love".

As my girlfriend is always keen to ingest anything related to chocolate, she asked me for one (500mg cap). Well, to make a long story short, after about 30 minutes my girlfriend became unusually affectionate, showering me with praise and professions of her deep love for me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

Yea, I had a similar experience with your girlfriend once, I took a piece of chocolate and ... then she ... [OK, I'll put away the Catskill comedian]. I'm glad you found some catnip for your sweetie pie. I did once know a very sensual woman with a definite lust for chocolate. As far as the other post and cheese, pickles, etc having more PEA than chocolate and whether the PEA in chocolate passes the brain-blood barrior and actually has an effect, I don't know. Perhaps, it is the other qualities of chocolate that have an effect, as well - the creaminess, the texture, the special treat associations, the sugar. But if the pill works than perhaps there is something to the neurochemistry.
Been meaning to research chocolate and it's extracts someday, just never get around to it.
Interested in any experts out there weighing in, though.

#4 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Couldn't it be the sugar? It creates more optimistic thoughts and stimulates the pleasure center..........

#5 shuffleup

• 160 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Not related to females but what kind of cocoa extract are you guys using in pill form?

#6 Luna

• Guest, F@H
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Haha! yeah right :p

#7 ntenhue

• Guest, F@H
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

Shuffleup finally found a cheaper, risk free alternative for rohypnol.

Just kidding :D

#8 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

I think the aphrodisiac tendency with chocolate comes from a combination of theanine, phenylethylamine, caffeine, and sugar. Put those four in any product and you would probably get similar results. Of course with chocolate there is the taste, texture, and aroma that might add a bit.

#9 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

I think the aphrodisiac tendency with chocolate comes from a combination of theanine, phenylethylamine, caffeine, and sugar. Put those four in any product and you would probably get similar results. Of course with chocolate there is the taste, texture, and aroma that might add a bit.

let's not forget tryptophan which may contribute of course!.........

#10 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

cocoa extract, specifically ones standardized for PEA & caffeine (chocamine etc), can induce fairly potent euphoria... so thats not uncommon.

what brand of extract did you buy?

Edited by ajnast4r, 22 June 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#11 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:08 PM

cocoa extract, specifically ones standardized for PEA & caffeine (chocamine etc), can induce fairly potent euphoria... so thats not uncommon.

Cool. Never tried it. Any dangers involved? Massive downregualtion? Incredible withdrawl symptoms? Deadlock psychological and physical addiction? Promiscuity? Zits???

#12 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:12 PM

Cool. Never tried it. Any dangers involved? Massive downregualtion? Incredible withdrawl symptoms? Deadlock psychological and physical addiction? Promiscuity? Zits???

if you take enough to catch a buzz off it.. the comedown is disgusting. totally not worth it

#13 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Check here for a lot more inoformation on cocoa

#14 shuffleup

• 160 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

Shuffleup finally found a cheaper, risk free alternative for rohypnol.

Just kidding :D

Seems so much more ethical this way... :p

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 NickCallaway

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

The brand I have is Jarrow Formulas ChocoMind. I got it from iHerb for like 7 bucks or something like that. 500mg capsules, including 60mg theobromine and 40 mg caffeine. I believe the manufacturer is calling it "Chocamine", or theobroma cocoa.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users