• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The End of Aging? Popular Mechanics article

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

http://www.popularme...ne/4248482.html

Has this been linked to yet? I didnt see it anywhere. Its a great article, most optimistic outside source article Ive seen yet.

I particularily like this part, "author of Ending Aging, believe that living longer is a fairly straightforward engineering problem: Find out what breaks and fix it."

and this part, "Would extending this phenomenon by several more decades be good, too? Seems like it to me."

Important** Youll see a "digg" button in the first paragraph of this article. Click that button to add a digg to it. It raises the rank of the article and gains more exposure for the message. Search out all the other life extension articles and digg them too. Also sumbit links to life extension articles and blogs. The more the better. This is a struggle for our lives.

Edited by brokenportal, 25 June 2008 - 04:38 AM.

#2 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:13 PM

Good thing the article was written with the right mentality.

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

Cool, always good to be getting ink.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:12 AM

Not only is that a very positive article, but Popular Mechanics is kind of the definition of mainstream. I always thought of it as Popular Science's lowbrow cousin... Even some of the comments are positive, although a lot of them are the usual concerns. All in all this is evidence that the meme is progressing nicely.

#5 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:15 AM

nice! i actually used to subscribe to both pop mechanics and pop sci, now i read them free at the uni.

i remember pop mec or pop sci published one of those predictions for the 21st century thing back in 2000 , among them were the usual : colonize mars, cure cancer/ AIDs, immortal gene found etc etc

Edited by HYP86, 25 June 2008 - 04:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users