- - - - -

Immortality Update June 29th

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

The Sunday Evening Update for June 29th is still up in the air. Your host will be at UCLA for the UABBA conference. I will attempt to interview as many of the conference presenters as possible throughout the weekend and save the interviews at the Ustream Channel.

I will also attempt to wrangle up a guest for the normal 5pm (3pm Pacific, 22:00 GMT) slot on Sunday Evening.

#2 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

Since I will be traveling with the broadcast gear, the channel will be off air until Friday evening.

#3 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

Tenative guest for this afternoon/evening (22:00 GMT, 6pm EDT) will be MitoSENS researcher and Imminst member Mark Hamalainan.

#4 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:21 PM

Having trouble getting wireless access. I will have to record some interviews and upload them later.

As far as the Sunday Evening update goes. I might yet be able to broadcast live from the conference center, but it will be a short program since at 22:30 the conference center will be used for official presentations.

#5 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for your work on this Mind, and wow, I'm sure you can record many intriguing interviews while there -and use them for our channel later! Very exciting ;), I'll check the Ustream channel at 5:00 CST/ 3:00/PST 22:00 GMT in case you are able to get something up live.

#6 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

Some of us are chatting in the room, Mind was not able to get the live interview up--but he'll have new interviews up later ;)

#7 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:51 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that Mind has his camera on, you can hear the conference and chat with him. He will be attempting in 10 minutes to do an interview, but for now it is a lot of fun and you can clearly hear the speaker --along with see the audience ;)

#8 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

Actually it has been very difficult to get interviews. I apologize. Too many meetings and conversations taking up people's time. There is no wireless access outside of the presentation hall which has been a hurdle as well. All I have is my laptop - no video camera. There were many people recording interviews throughout the weekend (who will be posting content online) and the official MF crew did videotape all the presentations.

I did meet some people/contacts who would make potential future guests for the Update program

#9 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

okay we can post them on ustream later right? i can watch them all in one fell swoop. Meeting more guests for future interviews will be great too. Is MF selling their video-recorded presentations anywhere or can i watch them online somewhere?

#10 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • 19,082 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

MF recorded a lot of people with views on ending aging. They asked a series of questions about the pros and cons, and eventually I heard they will put them on their website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users