• Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:41 AM

F_H_Prize_Competition___Progress_24089_image001.gif

#2 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

Congratulations to the top 12!

Looks like these guys racked up a lot of points for protein folding research! How many machines do they run on average? I've got friends who have Playstation 3, X-box etc, and I was thinking about getting an old PS3 too. How does PS3 compare with computers in generating points?

#3 frenchhorn1

• Guest, F@H
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:36 AM

PS3's get 900-1000 PPD.
Check out my guide I posted a half hour ago.

It has all you need to know.

#4 frenchhorn1

• Guest, F@H
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

Well,

I'm so honored. I have so many people to thank.
Jesus,

Ummm ... Satan.

My parents, Seth MacFarlane, Barry Manilow, Cher, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Theodore Huxtable, Tootie, Tim and Eric, Angelina Jolie, Stewart Gilligan Griffin, Joy Behar, The Great Kahli, Mr. Hankey, Trey Parker, but not Matt Stone. Andre the Giant, my ex-wives, Greg House, Phillip J Fry, Cristopher Cross Griffin, my other parents Peter and Lois, my attorney Harvey Birdman, everyone else's parents, Chuck Darwin, my future ex's, my carpet, and chair, BUT

Most importantly I'd like to thank my computers for putting out.

NOT LIKE THAT!!!!

For outputting information to the cause. Dirty people.

I'd also like to pay my respects to the people who now owe me my fabulous prize of $10. I never expected to win when I first started this whole folding quest, but then $900 and two computers later, that money paid off for me.

Please don't misunderstand. This will be my favorite $10. I'm not kidding. That's awesome! Thanks organizers!!!

#5 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

I enjoy your humor frenchhorn1. If you keep up your rate of folding, next month you will win your "favorite $15".

Thanks so much for posting tips on how to maximize folding performance (here)

The top twelve have done a super job. Congratulations! Prize payments will be forthcoming shortly. You deserve every penny.

The first quarter of the F@H prize was a big success and exceeded expectations. Let us keep it going for the 2nd quarter. The Longevitymeme team is the "the little team that could". We are going to start turning heads among the teams on the list.

#6 naapi

• Guest, F@H
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

The top twelve have done a super job. Congratulations! Prize payments will be forthcoming shortly. You deserve every penny.

The first quarter of the F@H prize was a big success and exceeded expectations. Let us keep it going for the 2nd quarter. The Longevitymeme team is the "the little team that could". We are going to start turning heads among the teams on the list.

Hello,

I wanted to thank all that signed up for the FAH Prize for extraordinary competition in the first quarter of the program.

This was a great fun for me to win, although I had some frustrating evenings, when setting up Ubuntu or overclocking Quads. I fried some DDR memory as well as USB sticks, burned more than 10 CDs, spent countless evening hours in various forums to max my PPD.

It is heartening to see the team grow so fast. It was churning out less than 20k PPD before the competition started, I see 85k folded in the past 24 hours, which puts us around rank 75. I'm sure we'll be able to keep the pace and increase it the future. With that, we'll reach #100 soon, no doubt about this!

Happy folding!

Maciek.

#7 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:52 AM

The_Top_Twelve___F_H_Prize.gif

#8 Shoe

• Guest, F@H
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:01 AM

The_Top_Twelve___F_H_Prize.gif

[cartman voice]Sweeeeet![\cartman voice]

Edited by Shoe, 01 October 2008 - 05:01 AM.

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:07 AM

Top 12 are burning up the charts! Go guys! :) :) :~

#10 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:54 AM

Congratulations to the top twelve! Thanks for all your efforts. The team is flying up the rankings.

Remember that there are more prizes available in the 3rd quarter, including a randomly drawn 13th prize.

Keep up the good work everyone.

#11 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Let the jousting begin!

#12 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

To clarify, we just carry on into the Q3 with the points acuumalated thus far, building on top? Or is the top 12 or whatever for Q3 determined by what has been in achieved in Q3 only, effectively setting everyone to zero?

eg I'm number 10 in PPD as we speak, number 40 in total points and c. number 18 in total points of the current active contributors. A few different ways of cutting it...

Sentinel

#13 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:35 PM

To clarify, we just carry on into the Q3 with the points acuumalated thus far, building on top? Or is the top 12 or whatever for Q3 determined by what has been in achieved in Q3 only, effectively setting everyone to zero?

AFAIK thy are zeroed, otherwise there would be no incentive for new members to join, because others have such an advantage.

I have only one thing to say, damn you obsidius you took my money, oh, and congratulations.

How about a comparison of total accumulated points by the top 12? Q2 vs Q3... 

#14 Obsidius

• Guest, F@H
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:26 PM

AFAIK thy are zeroed, otherwise there would be no incentive for new members to join, because others have such an advantage.

I have only one thing to say, damn you obsidius you took my money, oh, and congratulations.

Sorry kismet, but don't worry it'll go to a good cause. Right back into ImmInst as membership dues.

#15 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:36 PM

Productivity (Points - quarterly total for the Top Twelve)

Q2 (April - June) = 2,378,512
Q3 (July - Sept.) =7,925,489

Great work from the Top Twelve, Thanks.

#16 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

And to answer the question about points...they are set to zero a the beginning of each quarter.

You did make me think about future prizes though. Maybe something could be given away for the longest running contributor, or the biggest increase in point production in the quarter, etc...

#17 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

Just wanted to send a note of thanks to financial supporters of the F@H prize:

Reason@The Longevity Meme
The Imminst Board of Directors and Imminst.org
Imminst member Naapi

And now for the 3rd quarter and beyond - Life Extension Foundation

#18 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:29 AM

F_H_Prize_Competition___Progress_15911_image001.gif

#19 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

Congratulations to all the winners of the 3rd quarter! A couple of new faces and some seasoned pros. You are all making history in distributed computing.

I will be sending out payments in the next couple of days as well as contacting LEF about your LEF awards.

#20 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:27 AM

For those of you who finished in the top 12, you will need to provide me (PM) your name, address, and email, in order to collect your LEF gift certificates. If you don't feel comfortable providing that info, hey, no problem. I understand the desire to remain anonymous. LEF required this as part of providing prizes and I can understand it from their business and record-keeping end of things.

Also, everyone else who registered for the prize is eligible for a FREE 6 month membership at LEF. A 1 year membership normally costs $75, so this is a pretty good deal. If you buy supplements, you can get about 25 to 30% off the normal price of LEF products if you have a membership. Of course, you have to provide your name, address, and email (PM me).

#21 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

I drew the random 13th prize today at the F@H prize meeting. The winner was folder AnnabelleRom1 who wins $15.00 in cold hard cash. I saved the video of the drawing here for posterity sake.

#22 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

I drew the random 13th prize today at the F@H prize meeting. The winner was folder AnnabelleRom1 who wins $15.00 in cold hard cash.

Congratulations Annabelle_et_Rom1.

Thank you for your contributions to the Longevity Meme Team.

#23 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Also, everyone else who registered for the prize is eligible for a FREE 6 month membership at LEF. A 1 year membership normally costs $75, so this is a pretty good deal. If you buy supplements, you can get about 25 to 30% off the normal price of LEF products if you have a membership. Of course, you have to provide your name, address, and email (PM me).

yeah PMed you my private info. I dont think i'll buy any supp. The magazine could be good, though it's the same as e-version online? So it's like a full membership for 6-month and I have access to their doctors-on-call?

#24 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

The_Top_Twelve.gif

#25 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Great job everyone! Wow, that competition between 3rd, 4th, and 5th place was a nail-biter right down to the end.

Payments will go out soon. LEF gift certificates will probably arrive in the middle of April.

As you might have heard, our funding situation is in limbo. We are applying for a grant and will look into other sources as well. I have instructed DNAmechanic to keep track of points with the optimistic view that we will have some prize money by the end of June and for the rest of the year. Keep folding! We still have a chance of reaching the top 50 by the end of the year.

#26 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:50 AM

Great job everyone! Wow, that competition between 3rd, 4th, and 5th place was a nail-biter right down to the end.

Payments will go out soon. LEF gift certificates will probably arrive in the middle of April.

As you might have heard, our funding situation is in limbo. We are applying for a grant and will look into other sources as well. I have instructed DNAmechanic to keep track of points with the optimistic view that we will have some prize money by the end of June and for the rest of the year. Keep folding! We still have a chance of reaching the top 50 by the end of the year.

Do you know the contact person for LEF? I haven't gotten membership, mag, or anything from them, neither the 3rd nor the 4th quarter. Mind has my PMs with my info/situation detailed nicely.

I don't have account (afraid to create right now, because Right after I set up on my own, there would have been histories and records and traces, and I wouldn't be eligible for the introductory 6 mo. trial).

#27 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

I apologize for the delay. I'll make sure you still get your 6 month membership and mag. I'll be discussing this with LEF tomorrow or early next week.

#28 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

I apologize for the delay. I'll make sure you still get your 6 month membership and mag. I'll be discussing this with LEF tomorrow or early next week.

No prob. Take your time. I never set up anything w/ them, so I'm not in their history records. Even if I get my 6 mo. trial by end of April or May, that'd be ok.

The mag has a free online version I think, so hardcopy isn't as important. Other perks with membership are nice.

#29 dnamechanic

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

F_H_Prize_Competition___Progress_15911_image001.gif

#30 Mind

• 18,997 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Congratulations to the top twelve. Job well done - benefiting science and humanity!

Sorry for the delay in the prize awards. I have been busy lately. We should have amounts sorted out and handed out between Friday and Sunday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users