Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sceletium tortuosum a.k.a kanna

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Douggers

• 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Interesting. Did you experience any sort of crash?

I did 200mg in the morning only. At 1-3PM I'd start feeling the SRI activity weaken. Might want to redose at 2PM with your lunch. Should feel the effects immediately.

Redan, how'd you find the quality of moodandmind's kanna?
Did you get the regular powder or the 4:1?

Regular fermented powder. I also did my own fermentation of 4:1 powder with similar results as the fermented powder. Effects are like an immediate mood boost; but, go away after a couple of hours, which kind of sucks.

Not after immediate dosing. But, after chronic dosing (1 month @ 200-500mg) the crash was really bad. Just a general really crappy feeling. Kanna has very strong global SRI inhibiting properties; immediate cessation is detrimental.

Okay thanks. So just using some on an extra bad day or every once in a while during tense times, probably wouldn't hurt from what you're saying.
Cuz I've read that people benefit most when their mood is already low

#32 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

I did 200mg in the morning only. At 1-3PM I'd start feeling the SRI activity weaken. Might want to redose at 2PM with your lunch. Should feel the effects immediately.

Redan, how'd you find the quality of moodandmind's kanna?
Did you get the regular powder or the 4:1?

Regular fermented powder. I also did my own fermentation of 4:1 powder with similar results as the fermented powder. Effects are like an immediate mood boost; but, go away after a couple of hours, which kind of sucks.

Not after immediate dosing. But, after chronic dosing (1 month @ 200-500mg) the crash was really bad. Just a general really crappy feeling. Kanna has very strong global SRI inhibiting properties; immediate cessation is detrimental.

Okay thanks. So just using some on an extra bad day or every once in a while during tense times, probably wouldn't hurt from what you're saying.
Cuz I've read that people benefit most when their mood is already low

Yeah, it's basically a SSRI that acts quicker. I never noticed any noticeable side effects. It works great as a relaxant after a long day, AFAIK. There are better ways to treat depression than with Kanna.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 bernax

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

i snort the extract and get pretty euphoric from it.

#34 bzyb

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

I agree with most of the posts that Zembrin (kanna) is okay as an anxiolytic/mood booster, but the short half-life sucks. Would be awesome with a modafinil like half life and modafinil would have a zembrin like half-life. For it to work for me, I usually have to take 3-4 sublingual doses like today, so you can see why it can get expensive. After taking that many doses, I also began to get sleepy, so I took a gram of NALT and it synergized well for me to get work done. I like that I can still concentrate on it (inhibits PDE-4) while some other anxiolytics like say inderal or some prescription drugs I wouldnt have that focus. Potent mentioned a cheaper version (half off the original), and I am going to continue looking for maybe a cheaper bulk powder unless anyone knows of any! Interesting herb, still trying to learn of its effects and potential.

iHerb has a cheaper version of the Zembrin extract through Source Naturals - half the price of the other one. Feels similar, although I can't say 100% without a direct comparison.
http://www.iherb.com...=4&sr=null&ic=2

#35 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Olympus Labs has it in their pre workout called Re1gn. Reasoning is to counteract the jitteriness from the dhma. It’s pretty good but a full serving is too strong. Now what’s interesting is the have it in their sleep aid called “Amnes1a” along with other ingredients and I didn’t respond well to it. It kept me restless all night with anxiety.
https://olympus-labs.com/amnes1a/

#36 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

Ik we're necroing a thread hard, but since someone else already started it, I guess I'll keep it going.

Anyone know the best source for the most euphoric, pro social kanna? I got one 200:1 extract from elevated labs on eBay, but I really haven't noticed much so far. Have another extract on the way, but I'm just wondering if anyone with experience can point me in the right direction.

I've heard botanical zen (though they're changing suppliers), waking herbs, and big tree sceletium are all good, tho they're a bit more expensive.

#37 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

Never used this place but it gets good reviews on selfhacked

http://nootropicsdep...extract-powder/

#38 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

what is zembrin supposed to do? ive tried it for depression and it didnt work. is it more for anxiety than depression and did it work for anything for anyone??

#39 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

I ordered some to see if it will help restore lost serotonin from ssri use.
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#40 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

you dont lose serotonin from ssris lol good one

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#41 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:52 AM

you dont lose serotonin from ssris lol good one

Well yah you don’t technically lose it but don’t produce the same as before starting them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users