William O'Rights

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#391 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Here is one with black rims, looks even closer to what I had. What I liked about this bike was its performance over the Honda that I had. Both in cornering and in acceleration and speed. The kid who bought it new was very short, and the seat sat real low. That was another big factor for me because I couldn’t plant both feet to the ground with the Honda, so that made stops a little more challenging. Always balancing the bike to one side or another just increases the chance that you will drop the bike.

This also is an 82.

Well the pic isn't loading.

#392 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:59 AM

The other side of the bike that didn't load in the last post, yep, that’s real close if not the same exact bike. It was plain compared with todays bikes. Not much of a fairing, but of course in those days we didn’t have the exotic choices that are out there now. Obviously the graphics were fairly straight forward. That’s a big improvement they made in later years. Splash graphics with sweet color schemes. But in the day that was considered fairly sporty.

Attached Thumbnails

• gpz_1983_11_1982_750.jpg

sponsored ad

• Advert

#393 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Here is one with black rims, looks even closer to what I had. What I liked about this bike was its performance over the Honda that I had. Both in cornering and in acceleration and speed. The kid who bought it new was very short, and the seat sat real low. That was another big factor for me because I couldn’t plant both feet to the ground with the Honda, so that made stops a little more challenging. Always balancing the bike to one side or another just increases the chance that you will drop the bike.

This also is an 82.

Well the pic isn't loading.

Let me see if this loads now. Cool it's loaded up, let me put old Grandaddy beside a pic of Jr.

Attached Thumbnails

• gpz_1983_10_1982_750.jpg

Attached Images

• kawasaki_4od.jpg

#394 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I've never owned a motorcycle, but I came across this last year and though it might make for an economical and elements resistent commuter machine. ;)

ventureone.jpg

Two can join in the fun with this one.

David

#395 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

I've never owned a motorcycle, but I came across this last year and though it might make for an economical and elements resistent commuter machine. ;)

ventureone.jpg

Two can join in the fun with this one.

David

What is the tag on that?

#396 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Laz posted a machine that looked close, not as sporty as yours looks. The tag was 70k, that doesn't sound to economical. Sure, better in the rain but when you ride there isn't anything like open air.

Attached Thumbnails

• laz.jpg

#397 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Laz posted a machine that looked close, not as sporty as yours looks. The tag was 70k, that doesn't sound to economical. Sure, better in the rain but when you ride there isn't anything like open air.

Here's the Top Gear video to go with that picture.

#398 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

I've never owned a motorcycle, but I came across this last year and though it might make for an economical and elements resistent commuter machine. :-D

I figured that would be the argument from motorcycle enthusiasts. ;) And when you crash, there isn't anything like a roll cage! :p

The tag, if I remember correctly, was going to be something like $20K-$25K. They were going to introduce in California first (because California would not classify it as a motorcycle) and then try to get other states to change their laws.

I believe they have 3 versions planned. Two that are completely battery powered and one that is a hybrid, with a 6 gallon tank. These things get in the 100 mpg range for fuel consumption (not sure how they measure that for the fully battery powered ones...must use an average watt cost or something) and over 100 mph. No transmission needed either, so just a steady acceleration. I believe they do 0-60 in about 6 seconds. Not as fast as many bikes, but still plenty fast. That's about the same speed as my Volvo turbo sedan.

David

#399 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

Here's the Top Gear video to go with that picture.

I can't see the video at my current location. If it is for the Carver, then I can add that the VentureOne (now named the Persu), which is the picture I posted, licensed the tilting technology from Carver.

d

#400 thefirstimmortal

• Topic Starter
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:34 AM

I can't see the video at my current location. If it is for the Carver, then I can add that the VentureOne (now named the Persu), which is the picture I posted, licensed the tilting technology from Carver.

d

The video isn't there. Pics of venture one, sure.

#401 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:45 AM

d

Yup, it's the Carver.
You don't see the video ?
I see it in my post.

Here's a link.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#402 davidd

• Guest, F@H
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

d

Yup, it's the Carver.
You don't see the video ?
I see it in my post.

Here's a link.

I was able to see the video in your post. It was just blocked from where I was earlier in the day. I just watched it at home. Fun video. ;)

David

Edited by davidd, 11 March 2009 - 02:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users