Photo
- - - - -

Methuselah Foundation Fundraising Dinner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

This may only interest a few of you, but there will be a fundraising dinner for the Methuselah Foundation in NYC on Wednesday, July 30th. Aubrey de Grey is expected to be there and present an overview of his book "Ending Aging" but it is a small event, so seating is limited. If there is any interest, let me know personally and I'll pass on your email to the host of the event to send you an invitation.

21 Club, 21 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019
Wednesday, July 30, 6:30PM to 9:00PM
$250 per person

#2 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

Is anyone interested who might be in the area? There is still room I believe.

#3 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:05 PM

How did you find out about this? Do you know about how many people will be there? Is it aimed mostly at people in the science community? I mean, how did they successfully target so many people willing to pay hundreds of dollars for the event? It would be good to know for perhaps trying to get more of these going.

#4 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:11 PM

It's a very small event (less than 25 people). I know that a lot of people were contacted by the host of the dinner but many can't make it (or have not responded at all).

This is likely a start of what could be something much larger/better in the future. How we spread the word and reach people for MF will probably be a major focus of the discussions at the dinner.

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Do you know if they are all personal friends of the host, are you, and who is the host? Maybe its aimed at past contributors? or do you think it was just a general invitation to people in the area?

I think rich health minded people are a lot more susceptable to donating to things like that and imminst and places like this than we think.

For example, if I had a contact list for everybody who worked at my local hospital and I sent out an invitation to a life extension charity event that was $250.00 I bet I could get at least 25 to 50 people and the local media to come. Im sure Aubrey or another speaker would be willing to come especially with the money being raised.

#6 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:53 AM

Hehe, I'm afraid I don't know the answers yet. I'll let you know more after the dinner. All I know is that I received an invitation (probably from being on some list that the Methuselah Foundation had) and I simply extended it to whoever might be interested.

One bit of news though. Apparently more people are attending than I thought, since I got an email saying that the dinner is being moved to a larger room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users