• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Aging is not a disease,it is a important part of the human life cycle

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Putz

• Guest, F@H
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

In my opinion, everything is natural. Everything is just a collection of matter interacting and reacting since the beginning. It's a material universe ruled by the laws of physics. Who knows if it was created by a higher being, I am perfectly fine with spirituality and non-fundamentalist religion. What matters is that we are fortuitously evolved but imperfect conscious beings, and are given the physical power to manipulate matter.

There is no divide between nature and a so-called man-made artifice. Technology is merely the next step in the evolution of the universe.

#32 Esoparagon

• 227 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

http://www.st.nu/asi...n...l&id=744783

The swedish health minister Maria Larsson says that aging is not a disease.

"it is important to change our minds,aging is not a disease,it is a natural part of the human life cycle"

However she argues that much more money should be spent on elderly care which is good.........

But I would have liked if she had stated "aging is a disease,let's focus our resources on a cure"

Lots of things are natural and we get rid of them because they are not desirable. What's her point? lol

#33 Hagazussa

• 29 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:04 AM

Let us examine what a disease is, dis ease, as in uncomfortable. I have not seen an old person yet that do not have problems with their old age, that do not have dis ease. Basically aging is your body falling apart on you, how is that not a disease? Yes I agree, society have to take better care of the elderly, and being old and frail is nothing to be ashamed of, but the decrepitude that follows with aging fit every description of a disease, and it is people like this politician that holds science back, making people that work to extend the human, healthy lifespan look silly, look like some sort of Frankensteins going against the nature of things. And I think that is bull. Yes aging is a disease, but it is a disease that all humans get unless one can find a cure, and it is a particulary nasty disease at that, it maim, it disfigures, it causes great pain and reduction in life quality and ultimately it kills. Aging is a disease that should be eradicated.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 lamoni

• 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

http://www.st.nu/asi...n...l&id=744783

The swedish health minister Maria Larsson says that aging is not a disease.

"it is important to change our minds,aging is not a disease,it is a natural part of the human life cycle"

However she argues that much more money should be spent on elderly care which is good.........

But I would have liked if she had stated "aging is a disease,let's focus our resources on a cure"

Oh! here it goes, this is really old thinking, the old paradigm, we have to move away from that, or WHY ARE WE IN THIS SITE?

#35 DrEvil

• 42 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Yes aging is part of nature, Nature and our genes wants us to die and give way to more offsprings
that are fitter than us.. so what. Nuclear power, solar pannels, windpower stations, hospitals, internet and even democracy are also not natural...! Marijuana , magic mushrooms and opium are natural...so WTF is her point!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users