Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Is juvess the best moisturizer?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 testxtest

• 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

I read in another topic that juvess cream was the best moisturizer. Is this is still true?
Is there another cream that is the best moisturizer?
I'm going to use this at night so the texture doesn't matter.

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

I read in another topic that juvess cream was the best moisturizer. Is this is still true?
Is there another cream that is the best moisturizer?
I'm going to use this at night so the texture doesn't matter.

I really like Juvess - the ingredients, the texture, the causes it supports aren't bad either - it's a package deal for me. I've tried many other moisturisers with mediocre success...cheaper ones often don't have great texture and usually lack any active ingredients if that's what you're after. Do you have very dry skin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:51 AM

I Like Cerave's lotion especially for the face. It's one of the few non-irritating lotions that also doesn't leave your face feeling oily. But in conjunction with retinoid treatment it does have the tendancy to sting quite a bit. They also have a creme that is better suited to the body as it's heavier and leaves a bit more greasy feeling.

#4 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturiser I find works. I tried altopalm but it stings on application and leaves my face red and inflamed.

#5 davpet

• 42 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:17 PM

No. The effectiveness of any moisturiser is related to its thickness and frequency of application — not its cost.

#6 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

I think it was zoolander that said before that this Juvess has similar ingredients to the Creme de le mer whcih costs $110 per ounce... but CDLM doesn't contain the active compounds that Juvess has does it?

#7 davpet

• 42 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:09 AM

No

#8 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:25 AM

Yes!

#9 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

I think it was zoolander that said before that this Juvess has similar ingredients to the Creme de le mer whcih costs $110 per ounce... but CDLM doesn't contain the active compounds that Juvess has does it?

Just for the record, Creme de la Mer does not have any effect on the skin. Only leaving a very heavy, oily film on the skin. (Speak from experience).
And why would somebody buy a car from the 1950s when you can buy one from 2008 with state-of-the art finesses?

#10 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:18 AM

Just for the record, Creme de la Mer does not have any effect on the skin. Only leaving a very heavy, oily film on the skin. (Speak from experience).
And why would somebody buy a car from the 1950s when you can buy one from 2008 with state-of-the art finesses?

I hate to be contrary, but La Mer works. For me and my friends and it absorbs really well. Maybe you used
an imitation (they sell fakes on ebay) or maybe your skin is oily to begin with, but we noticed the difference and so did others.
I'm just tired of spending so much money on it. It's too expensive. I am very interested in trying Juvess. The one for dry skin.
Do you use it?

#11 HereInTheHole

• 105 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

The ingredients look promising. They post them on their site. I'm going to do a little Google Scholar searching. Maybe I can back up their claims. Of course, that doesn't mean it'll do what you want. In relation to skin health and appearance, I'm not even sure what the term "moisturizer" means anymore.

#12 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Interestingly I had dry skin for yeras prior to using juvess original, I used Juvess for a few weeks but I had to stop using it at the moment because I'm really prone to getting spots with these creams. However my skin hasn't returned to its dry state? I have no idea why, but it's like my skin started producing oils again.... I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.

Edited by Matt, 27 August 2008 - 03:12 PM.

#13 NDM

• 343 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

If I want to use my own moisturizer with Juvess, which one do I apply first?

#14 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

If I want to use my own moisturizer with Juvess, which one do I apply first?

I don't know why you would want to use two moisturisers but that's your business. I would apply the Juvess first because it apparently has stuff in it, and that stuff needs direct contact with the skin to absorb. Apply the other moisturiser after having waited a while.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#15 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

I don't know why you would want to use two moisturisers but that's your business. I would apply the Juvess first because it apparently has stuff in it, and that stuff needs direct contact with the skin to absorb. Apply the other moisturiser after having waited a while.

There are two blends of Juvess skin care cream, classic and moisturizing. I have only used class and I find it moisturizing enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users