Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam Powder at Beyond-a-century

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 02:36 PM

I thought this would be of some interest to the group. www.beyond-a-century.com is now selling piracetam powder.

NEW! PIRACETAM (2-oxo-pyrrolidine acetamide), the original European nootropic now available in low-cost powder. It has been said to safely enhance, protect, & optimize memory and learning in normal individuals. Some say optimum dose is 2400mg 2x/day for one month, 1200mg 2x/day thereafter, others suggest 100mg/kg bodyweight/day. 300g powder $7.50

#2 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 12:52 AM

Great deal, now if they could only make it taste great too.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nbourbaki

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:38 PM

I didn't notice before, but they have also added Picamilon:

NEW! PICAMILON, (sodium salt), aka Picamilone, is a nootropic (smart drug) developed in Russia consisting of niacin bonded to GABA with much greater effects than taking both supplements together. Picamilon increases circulation in parts of the brain and is a better vasodilator than vinpocetin. It is unique for having a stimulating effect while also tranquillizing without sedation. It is a mild reversible MAO inhibitor shown in studies to improve a number of neurological problems usually within a week of continuous use. Picamilon may be synergistic with piracetam & other nootripics, vasodilators, MAO inhibitors, and general antidepressants, so use lowered dosage and advice from your health professional when combining these. Dose is 50-100mg 1-3x/day with occasional breaks. Sold for $5/gram in Europe! 20g powder $13.75.

#4 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:15 AM

what does it taste like? the pira / pica powder? :)
ah crap, just when I ordered picamilon caps from smart nutrition 6 grams (60x100mg) for 30$+big transport cost :(

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:24 AM

Ha-ha.

Piracetam is pretty bitter Picamilon does not have much of a taste though.

#6 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:41 PM

What about the quality of the piracetam powder?. Anyone could compare it to brand products?.
Thanks

#7 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:18 AM

How hard is it to make your own capsules with powder?? Do they sell kits for it? I would be interested in the Picamilon powder.

#8 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:00 AM

It's easy just buy a bag of empty capsules & a capsule machine.

#9 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:59 PM

how much is a capsule machine? and what kind of stores sell them?
same for empty capsules, where can they be obtained?

#10 nbourbaki

• Topic Starter
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 08:38 PM

how much is a capsule machine? and what kind of stores sell them?
same for empty capsules, where can they be obtained?

I bought a Cap M Quik. Do a google search, lots of places sell the capsule machines and capsules.

#11 bradcure

• 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:57 AM

Or you can parachute the powder. Tissue and powder - and there is no bad taste ;-)

#12 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 03:52 PM

or just dissolve it in water and hold your nose while you swallow it ;)

#13 scifiwriter

• 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 08:51 PM

sorry, I don't get the parachute thingie.
Could you elaborate?
thanks

#14 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:20 AM

Or you can parachute the powder. Tissue and powder - and there is no bad taste ;-)

Are you serious?. Do you mean using tissue paper to wrap the piracetam?.

What I would like to know is if powders are well absorbed in the stomach and if the drug is effective this way. I understand capsules dissolve in the intestine. But I am not sure.

Thanks

#15 bradcure

• 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 08:46 PM

Yes parachuting (tissue) works perfectly. I've done it many times, not only with supplements ;-) but it works great.

#16 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:32 AM

you can buy edible starch paper, capsules and a capsule machine at vrp.com

#17 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:53 PM

Hmm, I thought caps dissolved in the stomach.

#18 anjatalker

• 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:38 AM

How would you measure how much you are putting into the capsules? (ie. for 800mg of piracetam a capsule)

Is there an average weigh per 0 or 00 capsule?

Thanks.

#19 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:40 PM

Hmm, I thought caps dissolved in the stomach.

yes, I think that the ones that do not are the enteric coated

#20 brkonman

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 06:24 PM

or just dissolve it in water and hold your nose while you swallow it ;)

Does anyone know if piracetam powder would degrade over time in water? Or does anyone know of other options for creating a piracetam solution? Would be nice to just mix a batch and dose accordingly if it will hold.

#21 D Sade

• 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 12:27 AM

http://www.bulknutri...products_id=912

Looks like this is even less expensive than Beyond-a-century, and the COA is posted.

So the shelf life of Piracetam is 2 years? Do I need to refrigerate it or anything?

Edit: Oops, I didn't see the source on the sticky.

#22 anjatalker

• 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 03:09 AM

How do you dose the powedered piracetam with a capsule machine? How would you make sure that you're putting, say 800mg per capsule?

Also, is the bulk, powdered piracetam as reliable as generic capsules (ie. Sherwyn's)? The price difference is simply amazing.

#23 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:42 PM

i wonder that too, and i wonder how much the cheapest capsule machine costs and where you can buy it..

#24 D Sade

• 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 08:59 AM

I got a Cap-M-Quick with a tamper. Piracetam is VERY easy to cap. You might not get exactly 800mg per cap, but the OO size comes close enough.

I think the Capper and the Tamper came to $20, well worth it.

#25 staz

• 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

what's a tamper?

#26 funkmasterflex

• 30 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 04:09 AM

the piracetam powder going around seems to be good source. I got 1fast400.com source and it is great stuff. So iam guessing beyond's is prob same source for that price...1fast was 750 grams for 20 bucks...5 shipping

#27 shpongled

• 176 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:33 PM

what's a tamper?

It presses the material down into the caps so you can fit more in. With piracetam you really don't need one though, it doesn't make a big difference, maybe 50 mg more per cap max.

I just capped a kilogram of piracetam last night, about 750-800 mg per cap. It took me 5-6 hours but I was watching movies at the same time. But that's a good year's worth at 2.4 g/daily. Definitely worth the hassle IMO. Here are links to the stuff I used...

Cap M Quik: http://www.bulknutri...products_id=557
Gel caps: http://www.bulknutri...products_id=555
Piracetam powder: http://www.bulknutri...products_id=912

#28 godlovesus

• 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

[quote] anjatalker

How would you measure how much you are putting into the capsules? (ie. for 800mg of piracetam a capsule)

Thanks.

A method i use for measuring 2C compounds is liquid titration. It involves taking a known amount of material and mixing into a solution with a known amount of liquid. (Most 2C compounds are very stable in water) This allows u to measure out relatively accurate doses. **it would be better to acquire and use a scale accurate to the nearest milligram**

#29 axiombiological

• 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:50 PM

[quote][quote] anjatalker

Thanks.
[/quote]

There is a range of mass which a 00 capsule will hold, which from personal experience is 300-700 mg. This is due to the differing particle sizes and densities of each compound.

Bulk Nutrition has the best price for Piracetam, at the moment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Indeed, Bulk nutrition is great, that's where I ordered my Piracetam powder. I think one will hold me down for a good period of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users