- - - - -

Aniracetam effect on skin/body temperature

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Declmem

• 315 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

Hi everyone

I've been experimenting with Aniracetam for a few months, but always seem to have the same reaction at normal, and even below normal, levels.

Experience: My skin turns a bright red as if it has been sun burnt, and is sensitive to the touch as if it is burnt as well. It feels as if my body temperature has risen considerably, particularly on my face and head. All of this goes away within an hour or two.

The higher the dose, or the higher purity/potency of the brand, the more severe this reaction is.

After that hour of adverse reaction it does seem to calm down into a pleasant stimulating effect.

Obviously, I've stopped taking it. I'm just curious if anyone has experienced something similar.

Am I allergic to this stuff? :)

#2 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Hi everyone

I've been experimenting with Aniracetam for a few months, but always seem to have the same reaction at normal, and even below normal, levels.

Experience: My skin turns a bright red as if it has been sun burnt, and is sensitive to the touch as if it is burnt as well. It feels as if my body temperature has risen considerably, particularly on my face and head. All of this goes away within an hour or two.

The higher the dose, or the higher purity/potency of the brand, the more severe this reaction is.

After that hour of adverse reaction it does seem to calm down into a pleasant stimulating effect.

Obviously, I've stopped taking it. I'm just curious if anyone has experienced something similar.

Am I allergic to this stuff? :)

I've noticed a similar effect, but it's very minor. Are you also stacking with choline?

MIght be an idea to just stack pira + oxi + CDP Choline.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the reply. I take Life Extension CDP-Choline (250mg) every morning on an empty stomach.

I also took the aniracetam on an empty stomach, though later in the day.

You're probably right. Oxi is just so expensive.

I would experiment with very low doses of Ani, but even the lowest dose of these pills is 750mg and gives me a pretty nasty reaction..

Thanks

#4 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the reply. I take Life Extension CDP-Choline (250mg) every morning on an empty stomach.

I also took the aniracetam on an empty stomach, though later in the day.

You're probably right. Oxi is just so expensive.

I would experiment with very low doses of Ani, but even the lowest dose of these pills is 750mg and gives me a pretty nasty reaction..

Thanks

It's pointless taking ani on an empty stomach as it's fat soluble, and maybe this is causing the problem - i don't know. Does it make any difference if you take it on a full stomach?

#5 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

That's a good point - I hadn't realized that fat soluble meant that it needed to be consumed with fat. But after some searching I see that you're right.

I'll give it a shot again soon and post back.

#6 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:18 PM

That's a good point - I hadn't realized that fat soluble meant that it needed to be consumed with fat. But after some searching I see that you're right.

I'll give it a shot again soon and post back.

Very interested to hear back.

I wonder if this will affect your reaction. I suspect it may!

#7 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

Just an update on this. Today I got the same reaction, but didn't take aniracetam at all. So, it isn't the aniracetam.

Did some searching and now I believe the culprit is the Niacin in the B-complex supplement I'm taking. I just happened to take it with hot tea this morning. Apparently, taking Niacin with a hot beverage can cause a "flushing" effect. Who knew?

http://www.drugs.com/niacin.html

It's actually an interesting feeling. Tingling of the skin. I took a COLD shower, but it felt warm because of all the heat my skin was producing. When I got out of the shower, the water evaporated almost immediately.

#8 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Yes, the flush is your friend. The non-flush version of niacin, niacinimide, seems to be pro-aging (search the forum for more specifics).

Stephen

#9 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

Yes, the flush is your friend. The non-flush version of niacin, niacinimide, seems to be pro-aging (search the forum for more specifics).

Stephen

Just out of interest, are you getting the niacin flushing at 100mg or more? or at lower doses. It takes 70-100mg for me to feel the flush. It will go away in time, the more you take it.

I took 400mg of Niacin once and I had to jump in a cold shower. It's hectic.

BUT - as stephen says, it's very good for you, and in fact non-flush niacin (which you can now buy) is a waste of time. The flushing has been linked with positive cholesterol lowering in test cases. And hey, it also means you don't have gastro-intestinal carcinoma, otherwise you wouldn't flush.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 Declmem

• Topic Starter
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

50-100mg depending on whether I take it with food and/or a hot beverage.

Good to know about my lack of gastro-intestinal carcinoma :)

Edited by Declmem, 14 August 2008 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users