• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

DEATH WATCH FOR THEFIRSTIMMORTAL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
243 replies to this topic

Poll: TFI prognosis (73 member(s) have cast votes)

William O'Rights current prognosis is to die at the end of October. Who believes that the first Immortal will beat the dealine and still be alive on Nov. 1st

1. TFI will make it (61 votes [83.56%])

Percentage of vote: 83.56%

2. TFI will not make it (12 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote

#211 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

Happy New Year William! And many more.

Thanks for the AC/DC jolt.

#212 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Happy New Year William...you're going to beat this I don't care what those friggin doctors say!

#213 struct

• 565 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

Go easy on the font size. ha ha
Great TheFirstImmortal! I am glad you made it.
Let's see if you are able, not only to stay alive around the end of April, but actually eat my stinging-nettles pie.

Hey, that's supposed to be corn pie, easy on the spices and loaded with feta cheese. :)

Yes, a corn pie with plenty of feta cheese. The nettles won't be spicy; they taste kind of like spinach when cooked.

What was surprising about the 2nd video?

It was a nice surprise. I didn't expect AC/DC. I was also kind of surprised that you have read some of my old posts ("pie", "ac/dc")

Wish you well!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#214 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

Awesome choices of songs--Happy New Year's Day! I expect to see you around hundreds of years from now!

#215 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:30 AM

Happy New Year William! And many more.

Thanks for the AC/DC jolt.

Happy New Year too you Mind. AC/DC jolt, your welcome. :)

#216 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:31 AM

Happy New Year William...you're going to beat this I don't care what those friggin doctors say!

Happy New Years Dfowler...Let's hope so. :)

#217 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

Yes, a corn pie with plenty of feta cheese. The nettles won't be spicy; they taste kind of like spinach when cooked.

I'm sure it's going to be the best corn pie I have ever tasted in my life.

It was a nice surprise. I didn't expect AC/DC. I was also kind of surprised that you have read some of my old posts ("pie", "ac/dc")

Oh, I didn't read some of your posts... I read them all.

#218 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

Awesome choices of songs--Happy New Year's Day! I expect to see you around hundreds of years from now!

Thank Shannon. If I beat another deadline, those video's are going to be hard to top. As for seeing you around hundreds of years from now, lotta work ahead of me if I'm going to make it.

#219 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Jan 4th
happy birthday bill

sorry I missed it by a day but
better late than never
may you have many many more

#220 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

oh it's your birthday? Happy Birthday than!

#221 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Happy Birthday Bill! ;) How old now?

#222 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Happy Birthday Bill, you're an inspiration to alot of people!!!!

#223 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:36 AM

oh it's your birthday? Happy Birthday than!

Thank you Dfowler.

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 January 2009 - 11:24 PM.

#224 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Happy Birthday Bill! ;) How old now?

Thank You, you know that question always pops up which is why I try to let my birthday pass without anyone knowing. I thought I made it again this year, but Missminni knew it was my birthday because it's her Birthday today. Happy Birthday Missminni. :)

Tomorrow is my Mothers Birthday, my sister is on the 10th, and one of my grandmothers is on the 14th, and grandfathers a few days after. A lotta goats in our family.

Attached Files

#225 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

Thank You, as for being an inspiration, I don't understand why I would be.

Attached Files

#226 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

Happy birthday from the other side of the globe! Like someone mentioned, you're a great inspiration indeed.

Posted Image

#227 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

My mother's birthday was today--we went out to lunch with her :) I'm happy to be alive ;)

Not to be redundant, and it is certainly not trite--but I concur that The First Immortal is indeed truly inspiring! Happy Birthday William!

#228 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:49 AM

Happy birthday from the other side of the globe! Like someone mentioned, you're a great inspiration indeed.

Thank You Brainbox. I love the pic. ;)

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 January 2009 - 04:56 AM.

#229 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

My mother's birthday was today--we went out to lunch with her :) I'm happy to be alive ;)

Not to be redundant, and it is certainly not trite--but I concur that The First Immortal is indeed truly inspiring! Happy Birthday William!

Thank You, and Happy Birthday to your Mom as well. You know I just don't get it, if things were reversed and I were following this, I don't think I would find it inspirational. I mean, I would probably feel lucky or grateful I wasn't in those shoes. :) But I do appreciate the comments.

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 January 2009 - 04:57 AM.

#230 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Thank You, as for being an inspiration, I don't understand why I would be.

You're an inspiration because you are dealing with everyone's ultimate
fear, and facing it with valor and reason. You have never once played the victim, and your humor
and good will in the face of death is a lesson for all.
You, as an individual (cancer or no cancer), are inspiring.

#231 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'll have to second Missiminni's words, since I can't find
better ones for your birthday. Happy bday TFI, keep up
the fight, and know you're being an inspiration to a lot of people.

Posted Image

#232 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

fear, and facing it with valor and reason. You have never once played the victim, and your humor

But I am trying to cheat death. And if I get the cryonics in place and it works, if I deanimate and I get revived it will be like closing your eyes and then the next thing you know you're awake again.

If this is everyone's ultimate fear, I would like to hear from each and everyone of you, if you were in my shoes, how would you be handling it? What would you do? How would you feel? How would you act, or react? What would any of you do differently than I am doing?

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 January 2009 - 02:23 PM.

#233 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'll have to second Missiminni's words, since I can't find
better ones for your birthday. Happy bday TFI, keep up
the fight, and know you're being an inspiration to a lot of people.

Thank You Mixter, and I loved your pic as well.

Attached Files

Edited by thefirstimmortal, 06 January 2009 - 02:28 PM.

#234 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

If this is everyone's ultimate fear, I would like to hear from each and everyone of you, if you were in my shoes, how would you be handling it? What would you do? How would you feel? How would you act, or react? What would any of you do differently than I am doing?

I picture myself curled up in a fetal position somewhere bawling my eyes out. I hope I would retain a little more dignity than that but who knows.

#235 missminni

• 1,857 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

But I am trying to cheat death. And if I get the cryonics in place and it works, if I deanimate and I get revived it will be like closing your eyes and then the next thing you know you're awake again.

Your belief in cryonics is very similar to my belief in reincarnation. The belief that we will reanimate in one way or another. That is the comforting thought that we all hold to. That we are eternal, if not in flesh, then in spirit.

Having faced the medically predicted death of minni, I now know I would handle my own prognosis the same way. Proceed with alternative therapies in a pragmatic way. Stay focused on healing and living, not dying. I used to fear death to the point of panic attacks in the middle of the night. Especially as a kid. But having my mother pass in my arms has eliminated that fear. She didn't die. She passed on. She transitioned to another state of being. "Being" being the operative word.

#236 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:47 PM

I think most of us would like to think we'd fight the medical establishment with superior intellect :) I'd likely not have the energy to continue the sort of researching that you've done. On different? I'd probably have had my cryonics paperwork all together earlier, but that is because I already have mine in place--I'd be on the phone talking to people, funeral homes, whomever is in change of my body etc. making sure things are set up. Really there is not much of anything that any of us would want to do differently --you've fought with your spirit high, been matter of fact about things that would cause emotional fear in others--and have been finding solutions trough supplements and alternative treatments to help fight the cancer, it is inspirational and we'd all want that sort of dignity when we are facing something of the same sort of magnitude.

#237 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:30 PM

In Loving Memory of My Mother.

My Mom passed away late August last year of cancer. Today would have been her birthday so I wanted to write a few lines, but instead I’m posting the words that were spoken at her funeral from her Chaplain Sandra Lucas who worked at Mount St. Joseph nursing home where my mother resided for many years. It was clear that Ms. Lucas really knew my mother well and I will never forget the speech she gave that day.

When I think of Janice the song “I did it my way” by Frank Sinatra comes to mind. Janice certainly did things her way. And she did it with gusto, determination, and passion. She was strong-willed and she was a fighter. Right up to the end, she didn’t give up. Right to the end she did it her way.

Janice called me her spiritual counselor. She and I would meet every Friday at 1:00. Sometimes at the smoking table outside, sometimes in the Morning Glory Café. Janice had a deep faith in God. Every day she would read from the “Daily Word,” a collection of reflections for the day. When she was in the hospital, she’d ask people to bring her her “Daily Word.” She would think about it and tell me what words had given her hope. She liked the saying “With God, all things are possible.” At times, she would lose hope and feel discouraged or she’d be roaring mad at everyone; but she would always get back her positive outlook and feel hopeful. And she would help others to feel that hope as well.

She could tell when you were down or discouraged and she would be there for you - her family, her friends at Mount St. Joseph, her friends in town, the staff. “What’s going on with you?” she would say. She loved giving hugs and joking with the staff She knew how to lift your spirits when you were down. When I visited her at hospital, I loved seeing her interactions with the nursing staff Janice would give it to them and they would give it right back and she loved it.

Janice. She was caring, strong, feisty, and unpredictable. She could love you one minute and be mad at you the next. Just when you thought you had the routine down, she’d change the routine. Life knocked her down a few times, some would say many times, but she was always got back up fighting. And she loved to dance. In the café, she told us how she’d love to go dancing and wear hot pants and a halter top. “I was quite the number,” she said. And she was - quite the number - a number and a person we’ll never ever forget. She did it her way – and she did it so well.

To close, I’ll read - not sing - these words from “I Did It My Way.”
“I’ve loved, I’ve laughed and cried
I had my fill, my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way.
Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way.”

The song “I did it my way” was in fact one of my mother’s favorite songs, but as far as for performance goes; Frank Sinatra was not her favorite version of it. From her favorite Artist who sang that song, I have provided her favorite version of it below, from his very last concert.

#238 Shannon Vyff

• 3,897 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:16 AM

That is so touching, thank you for sharing. Losing anyone is heartbreaking, and one we love takes a larger part of our heart--in turn we grow stronger projecting that which we admired in honor of their memory.

#239 fatboy

• 286 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

Yup. (That might be how it is anyways, with or without technology. Except when you wake up, you're brand new.)

Not my ultimate fear (nor do I believe it is yours), but I'm pretty sure I would be handling it, doing, feeling, acting, and reacting just as you are (at least I hope I would be). I cannot think of anything I would do differently. Do you want my $100 to go to supplements or cryogenics?

Edited by fatboy, 16 January 2009 - 05:45 AM.

#240 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

Not my ultimate fear (nor do I believe it is yours), but I'm pretty sure I would be handling it, doing, feeling, acting, and reacting just as you are (at least I hope I would be). I cannot think of anything I would do differently. Do you want my $100 to go to supplements or cryogenics?

This might be a little telling as to the shape I'm in, but definitely cryonics. Besides, if you send that to the Imminst cryonics fund it will turn into 200 dollars. Thank You Fatboy. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users