Photo
- - - - -

Idebenone/CoQ10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NickCallaway

• 54 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:04 PM

I've been searching through the forums, as well as pubmed abstracts, trying to gather the concensus view on benefit/saftey of CoQ10 and idebenone supplementation. It looks like that last time this topic was taken up, there was quite a bit of disagreement over whether these two compounds promoted or prevented oxidation.

Has there been any major breakthrough in our understanding of how these guys work and what they actually do (in humans)?

Nick

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

They are safe and great for you! I take 400mg daily of idebenone and 90mg daily of coq10, and I'm healthy as a nut.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

I've been searching through the forums, as well as pubmed abstracts, trying to gather the concensus view on benefit/saftey of CoQ10 and idebenone supplementation. It looks like that last time this topic was taken up, there was quite a bit of disagreement over whether these two compounds promoted or prevented oxidation.

Has there been any major breakthrough in our understanding of how these guys work and what they actually do (in humans)?

Nick

Not really, but still inconclusive. Idebenone, in particular, is effective in generating free radicals through the mitochondrial respiratory chain - increasing superoxide levels and (presumably) oxidative stress. It is effective in treating Fredriech's ataxia and some cognitive dysfunctions, but as far as healthy human use is concerned, the jury is still out, IMO.

Edited by dopamine, 06 August 2008 - 11:16 PM.

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

Nick

Not really, but still inconclusive. Idebenone, in particular, is effective in generating free radicals through the mitochondrial respiratory chain - increasing superoxide levels and (presumably) oxidative stress. It is effective in treating Fredriech's ataxia and some cognitive dysfunctions, but as far as healthy human use is concerned, the jury is still out, IMO.

Maybe some SODzyme or IP-6 to combat this effectively? I have some of that IP-6 laying around here somewhere ;)

#5 NickCallaway

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hmm...so what anti-oxidants should one take then, assuming one's objective is to live as long as possible?

I'm currently taking:

2600 McCord units SOD
200mg green tea extract
500mg cocamine
150mg reservatrol
150mg alpha lipoic acid
multivitamin

I was taking 100mg capsules of kaneka Q10, but that's temporarily on hold.

Something else I should be taking/shouldn't be taking/taking more of?

Thanks!

Nick

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

Hmm...so what anti-oxidants should one take then, assuming one's objective is to live as long as possible?

I'm currently taking:

2600 McCord units SOD
200mg green tea extract
500mg cocamine
150mg reservatrol
150mg alpha lipoic acid
multivitamin

I was taking 100mg capsules of kaneka Q10, but that's temporarily on hold.

Something else I should be taking/shouldn't be taking/taking more of?

Thanks!

Nick

Alcar
Melatonin maybe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users