Photo
- - - - -

Why Would Anyone NOT Use LEF Mix?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 E.T.

• 183 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

Is not LEF Mix the most comprehensive, practical, and efficient multi-vitamin on the market: http://www.lef.org/V...n-Mix-Tabs.html

My understanding is that they only use dosages that show clinical benefits, while other vitamin companies often put in ingredients that are below clinical amounts, just filling up space uselessly.

#2 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

Is not LEF Mix the most comprehensive, practical, and efficient multi-vitamin on the market: http://www.lef.org/V...n-Mix-Tabs.html

My understanding is that they only use dosages that show clinical benefits, while other vitamin companies often put in ingredients that are below clinical amounts, just filling up space uselessly.

The price sucks as well as their dosages. There are much better for much better prices. It is a win-win not to go with LEF.

#3 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:18 AM

The product is overpriced. IMHO there is too much Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Chromium, B6, and Vitamin E. I would never take Niacinamide or unbalanced vitamin E.

I would not take this supplement.

-Brian

#4 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:53 AM

The price sucks as well as their dosages. There are much better for much better prices. It is a win-win not to go with LEF.

And those products and companies are...?

#5 woly

• Guest, F@H
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:34 AM

theres like a million threads on this...

#6 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:07 AM

So everyone believes LEF is a pseudo-scientific organization. Perhaps the FDA should shut them down then . . .

Edited by E.T., 20 August 2008 - 05:25 AM.

#7 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:38 AM

So everyone believes LEF is a pseudo-scientific organization. Perhaps the FDA should shut them down then . . .

No one said that at all. You are putting words in other peoples' mouths.

I would like to state that I think you E.T. have a certain interest in people to think that LEF is the best multi there all their supplements are great. I'd say that you are an employee of LEF.

Just because the FDA hasn't shut them down doesn't make them the best supplement company in the world. There has been much discussion on this topic as one poster had noted; check them out.

#8 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

No, specifically we said that their products are overpriced and their dosages are off. No one said or implied that they should be shut down or that they push "pseudo-science".

I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay $93.00 a month for a supplement that should be $45.00 and contains questionable dosages and ingredients.

-Brian

#9 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:01 AM

I would like to state that I think you E.T. have a certain interest in people to think that LEF is the best multi there all their supplements are great. I'd say that you are an employee of LEF.

Just because the FDA hasn't shut them down doesn't make them the best supplement company in the world. There has been much discussion on this topic as one poster had noted; check them out.

You wrote, "The price sucks as well as their dosages. There are much better for much better prices. It is a win-win not to go with LEF."

OK, I'm fine with that statement, I'm not beating you over the head, but I asked you "And those products and companies are...?" Your claim is that there are better companies with cheaper prices, I'm asking you for the list.

Woly, you claim that "theres like a million threads on this...", :) would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to one of these threads. A million threads, I just might not have enough clock to read them all. :)

#10 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

You wrote, "The price sucks as well as their dosages. There are much better for much better prices. It is a win-win not to go with LEF."

OK, I'm fine with that statement, I'm not beating you over the head, but I asked you "And those products and companies are...?" Your claim is that there are better companies with cheaper prices, I'm asking you for the list.

Woly, you claim that "theres like a million threads on this...", :) would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to one of these threads. A million threads, I just might not have enough clock to read them all. :)

Immortal,

Do you think their multi-vitamin(s) are fairly priced, safe, and worth purchasing considering the other options available? I just know that when you do an apples to apples comparision of their products compared to say Vitacost, iHerb, Vitamin Shoppe, etc their products tend to be very pricey. Obviously there are more factors than price alone but LEF tends to charge a premium. I just don't see the point in paying more.

-Brian

#11 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:13 AM

Do you think their multi-vitamin(s) are fairly priced, safe, and worth purchasing considering the other options available? I just know that when you do an apples to apples comparision of their products compared to say Vitacost, iHerb, Vitamin Shoppe, etc their products tend to be very pricey. Obviously there are more factors than price alone but LEF tends to charge a premium. I just don't see the point in paying more.

-Brian

I don't know if they are fairly priced Brian, that's why I asked the questions I asked. I didn't mind paying the premium pricing back when I had a fairly unlimited budget for it, but it ain't like I'm getting any break from the company, and I have a limited budged right now of whatever Anthony raises for me. So while it pains me to use other sources besides LEF, I have an obligation to the donors and Anthonys costumers to at least consider other sources.

While were on the subject, I'm going to post a shameless plug for Anthony and...

Attached Files

• Attached File  04.gif   275bytes   1 downloads

Edited by cnorwood, 20 August 2008 - 05:19 PM.
removed shameless plug

#12 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

I can't imagine why anyone would want to pay $93.00 a month for a supplement that should be $45.00 and contains questionable dosages and ingredients.

Err, if you're a member and buy ten units or more the price drops to 49.50$ per month (or 35 days if one opts to take the full dose of nine tabs). If one buys at the annual super sale there's an extra 25% discount bringing the price under 40$ per month....do you still think that's too much?

#13 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

-Brian

I don't know if they are fairly priced Brian, that's why I asked the questions I asked. I didn't mind paying the premium pricing back when I had a fairly unlimited budget for it, but it ain't like I'm getting any break from the company, and I have a limited budged right now of whatever Anthony raises for me. So while it pains me to use other sources besides LEF, I have an obligation to the donors and Anthonys costumers to at least consider other sources.

While were on the subject, I'm going to post a shameless plug for Anthony and...

LOL! The shameless plug was removed by staff. No I'm dying to know who Anthony is and who was plugged! PM me Immortal.

#14 wayside

• 344 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

LOL! The shameless plug was removed by staff. No I'm dying to know who Anthony is and who was plugged! PM me Immortal.

Just browse around the resveratrol forum, you can't miss him.

you claim that "theres like a million threads on this...", :) would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to one of these threads. A million threads, I just might not have enough clock to read them all. :)

There's two threads currently on the front page of the forum:

http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=23869
http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=10573

If you use the search function you'll find a lot more.

#15 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:03 PM

Just browse around the resveratrol forum, you can't miss him.

you claim that "theres like a million threads on this...", :) would it be too much to ask you to provide a link to one of these threads. A million threads, I just might not have enough clock to read them all. :)

There's two threads currently on the front page of the forum:

http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=23869
http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=10573

If you use the search function you'll find a lot more.

Thanks! I have not been to that particular forum.

#16 computer

• 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Funny you should mention. I ordered some Pomegranate extract from LEF a few months back and it came packaged with a brochure from another pseudo-scientific organization, advertising some 'Hubbard Cruise'.

Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them again.

#17 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:52 PM

Funny you should mention. I ordered some Pomegranate extract from LEF a few months back and it came packaged with a brochure from another pseudo-scientific organization, advertising some 'Hubbard Cruise'.

Hubbard Cruise? Are you serious?? That's even wackier than cryonics :)

#18 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:30 PM

It's a cruise to Hubbard glacier, not an L. Ron Hubbard Tom Cruise thing.

I use six of their products, none of which have more than 3 ingredients. They're good at getting some new chemicals to market, but seem to rely on focus groups, dartboards, or monkeys with grease pencils for their formulations.

#19 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:47 AM

Err, if you're a member and buy ten units or more the price drops to 49.50$ per month (or 35 days if one opts to take the full dose of nine tabs). If one buys at the annual super sale there's an extra 25% discount bringing the price under 40$ per month....do you still think that's too much?

Do I think that having to buy a 10 month supply at $50.00 a piece is a good deal? No. Especially when you factor in there are better alternatives for less money and you only have to buy one bottle. By no means, however, do I think that all of their products are bad or overpriced. I just think their multis are not the best bang-for-the-buck.

-Brian

#20 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

I used to do the big winter stock up to reduce the price.

#21 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

Oh hey, I'll tell you who Anthony is right here. He is the wonderful owner of RevGenetics . He was kind and compassionate enough to start a donation drive in the thread "You can help THEFIRSTIMMORTAL, by doing what you already do..." http://www.imminst.o...o...c=23423&hl=

Would you like to know who King Cnorwood is?

#22 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:27 AM

A moderator of this forum sent me a PM forbidding me to say anything negative about LEF, so I shall stop and only discuss it on Usenet, which has millions of users. I would much rather discuss it here though.

Regards.

Edited by E.T., 21 August 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#23 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:30 AM

Well, then don't tell my employer that I started the following thread: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=23518

#24 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

A moderator of this forum sent me a PM forbidding me to say anything negative about LEF, so I shall stop and only discuss it on Usenet, which has millions of users. I would much rather discuss it here though.

Regards.

We have a freedom of speech forum. It currently doesn't show up in active topics, but we could always start a thread there. Moderators (censors) can't stop these kinds of discussions. Which moderator told you that?

#25 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:05 AM

Well, then don't tell my employer that I started the following thread: http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=23518

Just forget about LEF for awhile and talk about something else. It seems you and LEF have a sorta weird type of relationship or something. Almost like they cheated on you a few weeks ago and now you've made up. :)

#26 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:20 AM

We have a freedom of speech forum. It currently doesn't show up in active topics, but we could always start a thread there. Moderators (censors) can't stop these kinds of discussions.

Well, I've already said everything I wanted to. I overall like LEF: I made a big LEF.org sign and taped it to the back of my car. I'm sure the moderator was just looking out for the movement as a whole. I could, in theory, be a troll, for all he knows.

Which moderator told you that?

I'd just be causing trouble by giving names. So, I'll move on . . .

#27 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:32 AM

It seems you and LEF have a sorta weird type of relationship or something. Almost like they cheated on you a few weeks ago and now you've made up. :)

I'm just a regular dues paying member of LEF, nothing more. I wonder if I will be booted though . . . I'll have to start buying crappy Wal-Mart supplements or something.

#28 E.T.

• Topic Starter
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:56 AM

LEF Mix is not overpriced if you get the member price and buy 4 bottles at a time, and this is how I know it: I used to try to take every single ingredient of LEF separately, using non-LEF brands in hope of saving money. But, it ended up costing MORE that way. I first went with the cheapest source: Wal-Mart. If walmart did not have it, I went with Target. If they did not have it, I went with Vitamin Shoppe. I created an Excel spreadsheet, breaking down the cost on a monthly basis, and I went over 60 dollars a month, the cost of the LEF Mix. Then, consider the hastle of maintaining all those individual bottles. So, I just switched over to LEF.

#29 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:14 AM

Do I think that having to buy a 10 month supply at $50.00 a piece is a good deal? No. Especially when you factor in there are better alternatives for less money and you only have to buy one bottle. By no means, however, do I think that all of their products are bad or overpriced. I just think their multis are not the best bang-for-the-buck.
-Brian

I think it's a good deal, especially for people within the EU who cannot necessarily order direct from the US due to customs-issues (LEF-products are channeled to EU via a company in Denmark which takes care of the importing). If there are other and better suppliers for EU-citizens I'm certainly interested in hearing about those. One can argue that the LEF-Mix is not "optimal" but I do like the plant-extracts in it.

#30 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,107 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

I sent the warning and I did not say stop saying negative things about LEF, just to not use the forums for "bashing" supplement companies (in general)

In case you didn't notice, the forums are monetized. No one is going to advertise here if we let trolls and viral marketers run loose. People tend to love/hate certain suppliers/retailers and they love to talk about it, and these type of flame wars (and spam and viral marketing) could make up 99% of the forums here if we let it happen. This is not in accordance with the mission. If you want to bitch about a supplier, go to the Free Speech Forum.

Site traffic is increasing and it is getting harder to keep up with all the pseudo/viral marketing and spam. We really need to create some clear guidelines when it comes to talking about such things and perhaps create a new forum where we can stuff all the crap (not on the active topics list of course).

ET started a couple threads recently that were negative about LEF. ET is probably a fine person, I just didn't want to see more and more similarly themed threads cropping up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users