Raw Veganism

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Kisya

• 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

Hellosies! Je m'appelle Anousenka ^-^

Anousenka is curious as to why there are virtually no threads here related to Raw Veganism?

From what Anousenka has seen and read, all people (when done properly) who follow this nutrition programme see incredible results (in many ways).

In any case, it seems as though there should be a large group of people who practise Raw Veganism, here! Perhaps we can make this post the start of a themed thread of the aforementioned? ^-^

Anousenka, herselfie, is (procrastinatively) starting a Raw Vegan nutrition programme, but she wants to have one day each week to eat what she likes, heehee ^-^ She wonders if that one day a weekie will "ruin" her efforts? Hopefully, not, because she adores Japanese Cuisine and French Pastry (not to mention...millions of other thingies)!

Anousenka will start the contributionsies to this thread by adding a few linkies! ^-^

http://rawguru.com/ ♥ Raw Guru has a vast store, but it seems as though they're often "re - stocking" many itemsies...

http://goneraw.com/ ♥ Gone Raw has a *huge* library of user - submitted Raw recipes! Sometimes, the pages don't want to load, but not to worry! It works if you give it a few tries, or try again a few minutes latersies, or something ^-^

http://www.shazzie.com/raw/ ♥ Shazzie's website, though packed with products for everyone to buy (they're good products :D), is also packed with lots of information! Anousenka always learns new things, there ^-^

Well, Anousenka hopes that everyone interested in Raw Veganism will help keep this thread active ^-^ Enjoy the linkies, everyone! ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

#2 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

I'd like to see even one person who can stick to a raw vegan diet and stay healthy. I guess it can be done by doing it only 6 days a week, but then it's not really a raw vegan diet, is it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

I'd like to see even one person who can stick to a raw vegan diet and stay healthy. I guess it can be done by doing it only 6 days a week, but then it's not really a raw vegan diet, is it?

Well, it would be, for those six days ^-^ As for the individuals who stay healthy on a Raw Vegan nutrition programme, let Anousenka give you some links to examples ^-^

http://www.shazzie.c...s/why_raw.shtml ♥ Here is Shazzie's story, first of allsies.

http://www.davidwolf...63/Default.aspx ♥ David Wolfe, who is a nutrition expert, is also a Raw Foodist.

http://www.rawreform...ent/view/17/30/ ♥ Here is Angela Stokes' story. She lost 162 lbs following a Raw nutrition programme. Her bloggie is also on that page ^-^

http://www.lovingraw.com/aboutme/ ♥ Here is Phillip McCluskey's story. He's also lost a great deal of weight, and has become very, very healthy! ^-^

http://www.aniphyo.c...ut_ani_phyo.php ♥ Here is also, Ani Phyo's story ^-^ She was brought up as being mostly Raw Vegan (minus a little while in college :|o Heehee) :D

Those are just a few stories about people who follow that nutrition programme ^-^ You can, most likely, find many more onlinesie. Enjoy ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

#4 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:49 PM

Yes, there are also many people who stay healthy only consuming sun-rays, they're called breatharians. I hope you get the point.

Now would you please outline the benefits of raw veganism which are supported by science? Or at least give us an idea what makes you think this type of (extreme) diet will be healthy?

And please keep up you're incredible use of smilies, I like that.

PS: please vote for our project Anousenka http://www.memberspr...ect/view/BVVE2C

Edited by kismet, 29 August 2008 - 07:51 PM.

#5 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:53 PM

Please don't call David Wolfe a nutrition expert.

#6 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

Yes, there are also many people who stay healthy only consuming sun-rays, they're called breatharians. I hope you get the point.

Now would you please outline the benefits of raw veganism which are supported by science? Or at least give us an idea what makes you think this type of (extreme) diet will be healthy?

And please keep up you're incredible use of smilies, I like that.

PS: please vote for our project Anousenka http://www.memberspr...ect/view/BVVE2C

Well, from what Anousenka understands, Raw Veganism, at its essence, is better, because one would be putting *living* nutrition into their system. From what Anousenka has seen and read, people who follow this nutrition programme feel almost an overload of increased energy, after the detoxing process finishes.

Anousenka doesn't believe that this kind of nutrition programme is extreme, at allsies. Those who really do the necessary research find that the nutrition programme indeed encompasses every nutritional need (possibly with the addition of supplements).

According to Wikipedia, there haven't been any large - scale studies of this nutrition programme, yet. Anousenka can perhaps make herself her own guinea pig. When Anousenka starts the Raw Vegan nutrition programme, she'll keep an online journal that includes her daily diet, an account of how she feels, physically, and perhaps, even scans of blood tests (vitamine levels, etc.).

Anousenka hasn't yet seen anyone keep a very detailed account of the physiological benefits of transitioning to this kind of nutrition programme. She'll keep this thread updated, once a month, with her detailed progress ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

#7 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

is this thread real?

#8 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:24 PM

is this thread real?

Yes, of course it's real! ^-^ Heehee, why would you think otherwise? :|o

♥ Anousenka ♥

#9 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

How is this consistent with your goal to 10. Save for, and buy custom fangs? Fangsies are only useful for eating meat or blood.

#10 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

How is this consistent with your goal to 10. Save for, and buy custom fangs? Fangsies are only useful for eating meat or blood.

The fangsies are for decoration *only* ^-^ They are pretty ♥

♥ Anousenka ♥

#11 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:29 PM

The fangsies are for decoration *only* ^-^ They are pretty ♥

♥ Anousenka ♥

Oh. I apologize for my misunderstanding. Didn't you just hate it when the football team would try to beat you up just because you decided to wear your cloak to school? Vampires aren't even evil. Football players are evil.

#12 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:05 AM

Why would boys on the football team attempt to beat up a *girl*?

♥ Anousenka ♥

Edited by Anousenka, 30 August 2008 - 12:05 AM.

#13 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Being a vegan is a great thing from an ethical standpoint, but there is no evidence that raw foods are always better and quite a bit of evidence that cooking food adds to the nutritional benefits of many foods... peanuts are a good example. Furthermore, since vegan diets are typically deficient in certain nutrients, I highly recommend taking Carnosine, B vitamins, and anything else that you may be lacking. I hear AOR has a veggie booster supplement that should fit your needs.

#14 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:30 AM

Being a vegan is a great thing from an ethical standpoint, but there is no evidence that raw foods are always better and quite a bit of evidence that cooking food adds to the nutritional benefits of many foods... peanuts are a good example. Furthermore, since vegan diets are typically deficient in certain nutrients, I highly recommend taking Carnosine, B vitamins, and anything else that you may be lacking. I hear AOR has a veggie booster supplement that should fit your needs.

Yes, Anousenka agrees that taking certain supplements is essential ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

#15 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:39 AM

Shepard heartsies this thread.

#16 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:06 AM

So, Mr. Duchovny, why don't you think that David Wolfe is a nutrition expert? Anousenka isn't really arguing with you, as she is only reiterating what she's read about him...she is just curious about your opinionsie ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

Edited by Anousenka, 30 August 2008 - 01:09 AM.

#17 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:23 AM

"Nutrition" requires science, and "expert" requires a thorough exploration of the discipline for many years. Mr. Wolfe is lacking in both. Probably from all the chocolate.

I've read two of his books, and spent some time on his site and forums. He's not the most credible of sources.

#18 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:28 AM

lol yessssssss

#19 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:33 AM

So, Mr. Duchovny, why don't you think that David Wolfe is a nutrition expert? Anousenka isn't really arguing with you, as she is only reiterating what she's read about him...she is just curious about your opinionsie ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

I think Mr. Duchovny is in treatment now. Poor guy. I heard that raw veganism is good for addictions.

#20 spaceistheplace

• 397 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:58 AM

This thread makes me miss Elijah3

#21 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:57 AM

♥ Anousenka ♥

I think Mr. Duchovny is in treatment now. Poor guy. I heard that raw veganism is good for addictions.

Oh, dearsie :s Also, Anousenka hasn't read any of David Wolfe's booksies, yet. She may do some more research concerning him *-* Anousenka really dislikes that he charges people for his website "subscriptions"...but Anousenka has heard one of his speech/lecture thingies at the Raw Spirit Festival. He likes saying "the best, ever"...many times. It's a little concerning...perhaps you're right, shepard, that he isn't completely credible... Howeversies, Anousenka won't jump to conclusionsies just yetsies! Perhaps the excessive raw cacao is a bit *too* stimulating, heehee ^-^ It's fantastic in moderationsie, though :D

♥ Anousenka ♥

#22 Traclo

• Guest, F@H
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

What are the (apparent) health benefits or reasons for this kind of diet? I can understand some of the ethical concerns people may feel they are obliged to consider when killing/using animals, but why raw? If it's to be closer to a 'natural' diet, then shouldn't the vegan part be dropped -considering we are biologically omnivores- leaving just a raw diet? If it's for health benefits, then I can't possible see why not cook in some cases. Because I'm sure that cooking does not always reduce nutrients, and in fact can sometimes aid in the nutritional aspects of a food. So this kind of diet seems inconsistent to me. Any specific reasons for it?

(Your methods of typing are very interesting and I wonder to myself if you speak aloud like that. But it makes me laugh (not at you... in a... happy way?) so oh well.)

#23 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

I heard that Tea Leoni is good for addictions.

#24 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:48 AM

Why would boys on the football team attempt to beat up a *girl*?

♥ Anousenka ♥

Pics or it didn't happen!

#25 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

If the raw vegan diet is the cure for all diseases, why does one need supplements? Or did they finally discover a way to absorb B12 from veg sources?

#26 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

What are the (apparent) health benefits or reasons for this kind of diet? I can understand some of the ethical concerns people may feel they are obliged to consider when killing/using animals, but why raw? If it's to be closer to a 'natural' diet, then shouldn't the vegan part be dropped -considering we are biologically omnivores- leaving just a raw diet? If it's for health benefits, then I can't possible see why not cook in some cases. Because I'm sure that cooking does not always reduce nutrients, and in fact can sometimes aid in the nutritional aspects of a food. So this kind of diet seems inconsistent to me. Any specific reasons for it?

(Your methods of typing are very interesting and I wonder to myself if you speak aloud like that. But it makes me laugh (not at you... in a... happy way?) so oh well.)

So a mostly raw diet, may be good for those who are seeking to do a calorie restricted diet. The fact that food choices are limited will likely cause folks on such a diet to lose weight and to restrict calories. We do know of purported benefits of calorie restricted diets. And raw vegetable ingredient are probably going to be mostly healthy. And it would stop folks from eating everyday cakes, cookies, burger king and the like.

I do some juicing but could not do a raw food or cron diet and keep my weight up where I would like it.

Plus, Carol Alt looks pretty good at 48, though I don't know that we can attribute her looks to raw food. (She seemed to look good before a raw food diet)

#27 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Well, of course, not every vegetable can be eaten raw. Anousenka would just stay away from those on a regular basis :s Anousenka *needs* meat, sometimes. That is why she will have her once - a - week cheat day.

The Raw nutrition programme is said to be beneficial because of the live enzymes and nutrients, and for many, many fruits and vegetables, that is true. The live food gives the body more energy! (Many Raw Vegans/Foodists claim that they need less sleep than beforesies) ^-^

Anousenka isn't sure about the B 12...she'll have to look into it ^-^ Because humans *are* adapted to being omnivores (though, the length of the human intestinal tract seems to disprove that theory), it's necessary to take the supplements.

Calorie - restriction is extremely easy to do on a Raw nutrition programme *-* Anousenka's goal, for now, is to have 1200 calories per daysie ^-^ Anousenka has also read (and watched videosies) about some Raw Vegans doing 90 - day juice "feasts" ♥ They seem to feel fantastic, during, and afterwards ^-^

Wydell, actually, you absolutely *can* keep your weight up with a Raw nutrition programme! There are many body builders who do so (assuming that you're into that?) ^-^ Here is a linkie for you ^-^ ♥ http://www.charliesgym.info/

Yes, Traclo, Anousenka speaks aloud exactly as she types ^-^ She is glad that it amuses you, heehee ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

Edited by Anousenka, 30 August 2008 - 05:43 PM.

#28 wydell

• 503 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Everyone has a different metabolism. My guess is that most people who don't even exercise will lose weight on a primarily raw food diet. Presuming they are not eating straight honey or some other high caloric raw food and are eating healthy raw foods.

My diet is not as restrictive as a raw diet now, and I am less weight than I would like to be at 192lbs. Making my diet more restrictive would more likely than not cause me to lose weight.

Wydell is not a bodybuilder per se, but he does like to exercise. (So funny to speak about yourself in the third person, so I thought I would try it for a sentence.)

You will have to report back to us on your raw food diet experience after a month or so.

Well, of course, not every vegetable can be eaten raw. Anousenka would just stay away from those on a regular basis :s Anousenka *needs* meat, sometimes. That is why she will have her once - a - week cheat day.

The Raw nutrition programme is said to be beneficial because of the live enzymes and nutrients, and for many, many fruits and vegetables, that is true. The live food gives the body more energy! (Many Raw Vegans/Foodists claim that they need less sleep than beforesies) ^-^

Anousenka isn't sure about the B 12...she'll have to look into it ^-^ Because humans *are* adapted to being omnivores (though, the length of the human intestinal tract seems to disprove that theory), it's necessary to take the supplements.

Calorie - restriction is extremely easy to do on a Raw nutrition programme *-* Anousenka's goal, for now, is to have 1200 calories per daysie ^-^ Anousenka has also read (and watched videosies) about some Raw Vegans doing 90 - day juice "feasts" ♥ They seem to feel fantastic, during, and afterwards ^-^

Wydell, actually, you absolutely *can* keep your weight up with a Raw nutrition programme! There are many body builders who do so (assuming that you're into that?) ^-^ Here is a linkie for you ^-^ ♥ http://www.charliesgym.info/

Yes, Traclo, Anousenka speaks aloud exactly as she types ^-^ She is glad that it amuses you, heehee ^-^

♥ Anousenka ♥

Everyone has a different metabolism. My guess is that most people who don't even exercise will lose weight on a primarily raw food diet. Presuming they are not eating straight honey or some other high caloric raw food and are eating healthy raw foods.

My diet is not as restrictive as a raw diet now, and I am less weight than I would like to be at 192lbs. Making my diet more restrictive would more likely than not cause me to lose weight.

Wydell is not a bodybuilder per se, but he does like to exercise. (So funny to speak about yourself in the third person, so I thought I would try it for a sentence.)

You will have to report back to us on your raw food diet experience after a month or so.

♥ Anousenka ♥

#29 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:58 AM

Heat is bad for food. It creates exogenous AGEs and other badness. Sushi would fit in the raw food paradigm, although you'd have to ditch the rice. You don't want to be eating white rice anyway. Of course, sushi kind of blows the Vegan aspect, but you can't have everything. I don't have any particular desire to go Vegan, but I'm trying to move my diet in the raw direction. Sorry, but raw meat is not in the equation here, for the most part. Lower heat cooking methods, on the other hand could be interesting for things like meat. This could be curries, stews, and the like, as an example. Dried meat, like jerky, for instance, is a possibility.

Anousenka, you could be a Vegan six days a week, and throw a steak on the grill on the Sabbath day. OK by me. I'm not terrifically impressed with the supposed health benefits of Veganism, but the raw (or at least low heat) idea really does have merit. The less inflammatory exogenous AGEs you consume, the better.

Niner is strangely attracted to unconventional femalesies. FWIW.

#30 Kisya

• Topic Starter
  • 121 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:00 AM

Wydell, if you eat lots of the high - calorie Raw foodsies *along* with the more "vegetable - y" ones, you should have no problems with maintaining and/or gaining weight! ...and heehee ^-^

Niner, it's good that you're moving towards a more Raw directionsie! Heat *is* bad for food :x Also, If a plant is toxic in its natural state, it's better not to eat it, anywaysies :s

Goshie, if Anousenka could eat raw meat (namely beef) without worrying about malevolent bacteria and/or parasites, she WOULD! ...but only on her cheat daysie (and she'd eat a lot of it *-*), because meat isn't alive u.u

The health benefits of cooked Veganism aren't as brilliant, of coursies, because the wonderful vegetables aren't alive. Plus, cooked Vegans seem to eat a *LOT* of soy products (which, according to some studies, aren't very healthy in large quantities), not to mention many processed "vegan" foods *0*

Anousenka wonders if she can accelerate the Raw Veganism, eventually, to Raw Fruitarianism (she doesn't like the idea of eating the botanical vegetablesies, because they are hurt during harvest, while the Fruitsies would have fallen from the plants on their ownsie ^-^) There are *many* culinary vegetables which are, technically, botanical Fruitsies ^-^ Yay! :D

♥ Anousenka ♥

Edited by Anousenka, 31 August 2008 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users