Photo
- - - - -

Multivitamin Absorption

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

I just heard some talk about multis not being well absorbed, but I also remember hearing that they dissolve quite easily and shouldn't be a problem. I vaguely remember seeing people confirm that they work via blood test results. Could anyone who has evidence of multis working or not working post the results?

I personally use the LEF mix, and while they seem to be a kitchen sink sort of multi, I have generally positive experiences with LEF and see no reason why they would put out products with poor absorption.

Also, since I'm not all that knowledgeable about biochemistry, I am wondering how a multi is absorbed by the liver. I had heard while reading about folic acid that the liver can become "saturated." How does a liver become saturated, and would there be any risk of this with multis?

Edited by progressive, 30 August 2008 - 04:06 PM.

#2 HereInTheHole

• 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:18 PM

I just heard some talk about multis not being well absorbed, but I also remember hearing that they dissolve quite easily and shouldn't be a problem. I vaguely remember seeing people confirm that they work via blood test results. Could anyone who has evidence of multis working or not working post the results?

I personally use the LEF mix, and while they seem to be a kitchen sink sort of multi, I have generally positive experiences with LEF and see no reason why they would put out products with poor absorption.

Also, since I'm not all that knowledgeable about biochemistry, I am wondering how a multi is absorbed by the liver. I had heard while reading about folic acid that the liver can become "saturated." How does a liver become saturated, and would there be any risk of this with multis?

This is a big topic, since multi vitamins contain so many ingredients. If you don't get good responses to your post, I'd suggest going after the ingredients individually.

Edited by NarrativiumX, 30 August 2008 - 11:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users